Scotland V Norway

agree MT, Burley has got off lightly as most of the blame will be put at Iwelumo's hooves, Burely is out his depth, I would cut our losses now and sack the muppet

agreed. Burley is out of his depth here.

as for a replacment, well Billy Davies is free, Mark McGhee is the messiah, John Hughes plays good football, Jimmy Calderwood ... actually ...

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And get who?

Sorry LS but Burley is clearly out of his depth i thought he might do a good job for us but he seems to be struggling. I wouldn't sack him but i do think our qualification hopes are over. Surley Davie Moyes and Mark Mcghee wouldn't make this kind of mistakes.

After annalysing the game this morning without any drink.......

Why play Robson ( Left footed ) and Maloney ( Right footed ) in opposite wings Morrison ( A winger ) through the middle and Mcfadden as a target man in 4-5-1 formation??

It was going wrong in first half so he should have changed it at half time.

I don't agree with MT i didn't think Caldwell was Pathetic thought he had a decent game. TBH we are really struggling as a nation to find decent CB. I would have taken off Maloney and put Mcfadden out wide if desperate to play the 2 strikers.

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Football for me at the moment feels like a chore and NO enjoyment i am hating it. :hysterical::hysterical:

I agree with Virgin Don that Maloney should have gone off with McFadden going to the left.

In the end we were lucky not to lose with the chances Norway had towards the end following Iwelumos miss.

I'm not normally inclined to make up my mind as quickly as this, but Burley may not be right for International football. If we persist with him I doubt we will even make the play offs.

3 glaring errors of judgement for me. Firstly playing 4-5-1 at home v Norway who are hardly Brazil.

Next bringing on 2 strikers in a double substitution, which in itself was the right thing to do, but one of them not being Kris Boyd.

Lastly as previously mentioned, taking off McFadden instead of Maloney.

Those decisions cost us 2 points at home, and were attributable solely to the manager.

Guest LondonScottish
Sorry LS but Burley is clearly out of his depth i thought he might do a good job for us but he seems to be struggling. I wouldn't sack him but i do think our qualification hopes are over. Surley Davie Moyes and Mark Mcghee wouldn't make this kind of mistakes.

After annalysing the game this morning without any drink.......

Why play Robson ( Left footed ) and Maloney ( Right footed ) in opposite wings Morrison ( A winger ) through the middle and Mcfadden as a target man in 4-5-1 formation??

It was going wrong in first half so he should have changed it at half time.

I don't agree with MT i didn't think Caldwell was Pathetic thought he had a decent game. TBH we are really struggling as a nation to find decent CB. I would have taken off Maloney and put Mcfadden out wide if desperate to play the 2 strikers.

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Football for me at the moment feels like a chore and NO enjoyment i am hating it. :ThumbsDown::cry:

Davie Moyes wouldn't leave Everton for that dross, and McGhee is required elsewhere.

F@ck knows what was going on with some of the selection issues yesterday. No Boyd was a strange, but did anyone expect us to hammer them? We should have won with THAT chance; it wasn't taken and we're in a problem situation now.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, without Barry Ferguson Scotland are not the same force. Maybe another manager would have done things differently, but without our Captain and to an extent Hutton we are not the same team.

Davie Moyes wouldn't leave Everton for that dross, and McGhee is required elsewhere.

F@ck knows what was going on with some of the selection issues yesterday. No Boyd was a strange, but did anyone expect us to hammer them? We should have won with THAT chance; it wasn't taken and we're in a problem situation now.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, without Barry Ferguson Scotland are not the same force. Maybe another manager would have done things differently, but without our Captain and to an extent Hutton we are not the same team.

although i feckin hate to say it, but god do we miss hutton and ferguson, probably more so hutton than anyone else, his overlapping, pace and crosses are dearly missed.

Burley is the reason why Scotland didn't win.

He played a formation that requires a big target man up front to hold the ball up. It's the same formation as Mourinho played at Chelsea.

Burley is a twat...he plays McFadden as a long striker, that is not the position to play McFadden if you want the best out of him.

Irrelevant of the miss by Iwelumo- that was the only true chance created in 90 minutes. Scotland have not scored/created chances in any of Burley's games.

If Scotland don't finish 2nd, it will be down to Burley. Scotland are better on paper than Norway, Iceland and Macedonia put together.

Now Boyd has quit. Burley- you are an arseh@le, sort it out!

Burley is the reason why Scotland didn't win.

He played a formation that requires a big target man up front to hold the ball up. It's the same formation as Mourinho played at Chelsea.

Burley is a twat...he plays McFadden as a long striker, that is not the position to play McFadden if you want the best out of him.

Irrelevant of the miss by Iwelumo- that was the only true chance created in 90 minutes. Scotland have not scored/created chances in any of Burley's games.

If Scotland don't finish 2nd, it will be down to Burley. Scotland are better on paper than Norway, Iceland and Macedonia put together.

Now Boyd has quit. Burley- you are an arseh@le, sort it out!

I'd agree that Burley seems to be out of his depth at international level and hasn't a clue. I personally wanted him to get the job but bizarre formations and strange team selections as well as now having 2 players quitting international football under his management shows it's not working.

Hooking the only player yesterday that could create something out of nothing was a terrible decision, not putting Boyd on was strange and playing 4-5-1 in a must win game with Faddy up front was even stranger.

What I will say (again) is Iwelumo deserved to be in the squad - banging the goals in at a decent level so at least deserved to be in the squad.

Too soon to sack Burley - would give him more time to turn it around but not looking good so far.

He was shocking-how anyone could think he had a decent game is beyond me :ThumbsDown:

He was shocking-how anyone could think he had a decent game is beyond me :hysterical:

There was far worse players on that park than Caldwell and he certainly wasn't pathetic. Weir, Flecher, Morrison were all worse than him.

LS i said yesterday that we were missing Ferguson and Hutton but the manager didn't help himself with the formation and subs. Why not use the other sub we have??

I didn't expect us to hammer them but i did think we could beat them. They are nowhere near as good as they were the last time we played them. If we had played at the same tempo as we did for 20min in the 2nd half for the whole match we would have won.

Sorry but i think if Mcghee would take Scotland job if it was offered to him and i just don't think Aberdeen will sack JC. :(

Ideal scenario -

Scotland sack Burley and want new manager

JC told hell get the job if he resigns from aberdeen

JC resigns expecting to get the job

Scotland re-appoint Alex McLeish

Aberdeen appoint McGhee

JC and Burely left to cry into their pints

ah, we can but dream

Guest rocket_scientist
Ideal scenario -

Scotland sack Burley and want new manager

JC told hell get the job if he resigns from aberdeen

JC resigns expecting to get the job

Scotland re-appoint Alex McLeish

Aberdeen appoint McGhee

JC and Burely left to cry into their pints

ah, we can but dream

Excellent. But to cap it all, the day JC resigns, Willie Miller swallows a fish been, chokes to oblivion, and Burley gets stabbed by his bitter, ex Celtic nephew.

That's nonsense. Iwelumo was born and raised in Scotland. Born in Coatbridge and raised in Ayrshire I believe.... his accent is broad west-coast Scotland.

Iwelumo is as Scottish as the rest of us.

I was half-wrong, it seems. I read in a certain downmarket tabloid at work recently (had nothing else better to do/read at the time) that he was born in his father's native Nigeria, but after checking, he is indeed a Coatbridge man by birth, although his father is indeed African.

Nevertheless (and I say this REGARDLESS of his skin colour) I stand by my view that it's a sad indictment on our state as a footballing nation when we rely on players who are only HALF-Scottish and who are in the SECOND tier of English football.

After Boyd's decision to quit, I think he deserves another chance, given that he is a better option than the alternatives. It was a horrendous miss, though.

Guest rocket_scientist
Scotland get Mcghee we get Mcleish would be better or we get both.

Great shout. McLeish before McGhee in my book. Big Alex was at my wedding reception, after a 1-1 cup draw v. DUFC 18.2.89, but I am not biased.

you know what? id like john collins.

discuss THAT

What for Scotland job? NO way couldn't do a job for Hibs so why does that give him good credentials to manage our national team? :dontknow:

If we are going down the route of old players would rather Gary Mac than Collins. But both don't have enough experience. I just know that Burle has made too many mistakes and we have only played 3 qualifiers and we are out unless by miricle we win in Holland in march. :crossfingers:

Disagree regarding Ferguson, when he was out injured the last time we strung together a few excellent results culmintaing with a great 3-0 win in Slovenia. It think Ferguson slows the game down way too much for our style of play.

Disagree regarding Ferguson, when he was out injured the last time we strung together a few excellent results culmintaing with a great 3-0 win in Slovenia. It think Ferguson slows the game down way too much for our style of play.

Its his influence and experience that is needed. Not so much yesterday, but against Macedonia we needed someone in the first half to hold onto the ball and dictate the game. We don't have anyone other than Ferguson to do that.

I do think we are missing Ferguson for his captain abilitys as well as allowing Scott Brown and Darren Fletcher freedom to roam and play to there strenghs. Hutton is also a major loss at the moment and :crossfingers: they will both be back for Holland game.

Why does the replay zoom in on Fletcher after? Me and everyone else in the pub were giving him pelters for a good wee while until we realised it was Iwelumo! But on a more serious note...

RE Iwelumo: It's a shame for him. Every mere mortal has a bad miss or two during their career. His just happened to be the worst of the worst and at the worst time. I only saw the highlights as I was working in a packed pub but it looked as if he linked quite well and is a good team player. Would have been perfect for the first half system. Correct me if I'm wrong?!

RE Burley: Why is this man the Scotland manager? Every decision he made on Saturday was wrong maybe apart from bringing Iwelumo on but even then the jury's out on that. First half all wrong. Bringing off our best and most creative player(McFadden), biringing off the brightest of the front three(Maloney), bringing on a rank amateur at international level and an average SPL player(Fletcher), keeping a proven goalscorer on the bench(Boyd). I fear that list is only going to get longer as the games go on.

On a side note, Nicholson deserves to get a chance. What does he have to do? If Commons can get a chance then surely he can!

Rant over...for now.