I Knew It!

Rangers bus 'was source of probable swine flu cases'

EXCLUSIVE: Two fans of the Ibrox club have told STV News how they fell ill after attending the match at Tannadice last weekend that saw Rangers crowned SPL champions.

31 May 2009 14:55 PM

Two Rangers fans have exclusively told STV News how a supporters bus - which took them to the Ibrox side's SPL title winning match away at Dundee United - became the source of several "probable" cases of swine flu.

The minibus was taking a group of fans from Dunoon, Argyll and Bute, to the Scottish champions' title party last weekend - where Rangers secured the league with a 3-0 victory over the Tannadice club.

STV News can reveal on Sunday that six fans - who were either on the coach or in contact with those who were - have been told they have "probable" cases of the H1N1 swine flu bug - with several more awaiting the results of tests.

If officially confirmed it would be the largest number of cases in one area since the virus first surfaced in Scotland last month.

The six have all been confirmed as having Influenza A - but futher tests are required to check if it is the H1N1 swine flu variant.

They - along with people they have been in contact with - are being treated with the anti-viral drug Tamiflu.

Scott Macdonald, from Dunoon, said he and his 13-year-old daughter had been told they were probable cases of the bug.

They had not travelled on the bus - but had met up with members of the travelling party later in the day.

He said on Sunday: "We phoned NHS 24 and said my daughter wasn't feeling well. They sent a doctor out and did the necessary tests.

"My daughter and I both have the flu. My wife is awaiting her results coming through. We got the results at around 6pm on Saturday night."

Rangers bus 'was source of probable swine flu cases'

EXCLUSIVE: Two fans of the Ibrox club have told STV News how they fell ill after attending the match at Tannadice last weekend that saw Rangers crowned SPL champions.

31 May 2009 14:55 PM

Two Rangers fans have exclusively told STV News how a supporters bus - which took them to the Ibrox side's SPL title winning match away at Dundee United - became the source of several "probable" cases of swine flu.

The minibus was taking a group of fans from Dunoon, Argyll and Bute, to the Scottish champions' title party last weekend - where Rangers secured the league with a 3-0 victory over the Tannadice club.

STV News can reveal on Sunday that six fans - who were either on the coach or in contact with those who were - have been told they have "probable" cases of the H1N1 swine flu bug - with several more awaiting the results of tests.

If officially confirmed it would be the largest number of cases in one area since the virus first surfaced in Scotland last month.

The six have all been confirmed as having Influenza A - but futher tests are required to check if it is the H1N1 swine flu variant.

They - along with people they have been in contact with - are being treated with the anti-viral drug Tamiflu.

Scott Macdonald, from Dunoon, said he and his 13-year-old daughter had been told they were probable cases of the bug.

They had not travelled on the bus - but had met up with members of the travelling party later in the day.

He said on Sunday: "We phoned NHS 24 and said my daughter wasn't feeling well. They sent a doctor out and did the necessary tests.

"My daughter and I both have the flu. My wife is awaiting her results coming through. We got the results at around 6pm on Saturday night."

Prob best shifting this to the lets all laugh at huns thread ;)