f**king Pathetic

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfair just to blame him. Commons and Mulgrew should NEVER be able to win a header in the box!

You'll see I said so much went wrong but only one place to start.

Yes, other players were culpable but he was so leaden footed at Commons "chip" I thought he was wearing Siebe diving boots. He left others to deal with the Mulgrew goal from one yard out when he should be commanding that area. Mulgrew is 6 foot plus by the way so to suggest he should NEVER win a header is just stupid. I thought time had stood still for the third. He went down so slowly I thought he was auditioning for the Matrix. Even the most simplistic of saves from Stokes took two attempts to gather.

Useless, inept and utterly shambolic.

We were never going to beat that lot yesterday with the players we have. This is still one of the worst Aberdeen sides i can remember for a long time. Lets not forget that, the same Celtic team bar one player ripped the Jambos a new one only as few days earlier. I wonder if the Hearts fans were calling their team pathetic. Any team in Scotland is liable to be on the wrong end of a doing from the old firm. This same squad of players could play them 100 times and still get nothing of them. I don't think the players can help not being better than the other team, but sadly that is the standard of player that we employ these days. We needed everyone to be on form and all of their lot to have a mare. Obviously the gods weren't with us. But all is not lost because we have the Scottish cup to raise our hopes..

Yes, other players were culpable but he was so leaden footed at Commons "chip" I thought he was wearing Siebe diving boots. He left others to deal with the Mulgrew goal from one yard out when he should be commanding that area. Mulgrew is 6 foot plus by the way so to suggest he should NEVER win a header is just stupid. I thought time had stood still for the third. He went down so slowly I thought he was auditioning for the Matrix. Even the most simplistic of saves from Stokes took two attempts to gather.

I agree he doesnt command his box but others are as bad. Disagree with the Mulgrew thing. He has no heart. Our defenders should be going head first through him. Unfortunately our defenders have even less heart. We need to sign some bruiser from th highland league with some balls to just go through folk.

This is exactly as I saw it. Celtic didn't have to try very hard to be 2 goals up inside 10 minutes.

Any " plan " that we may have started the game with was shattered and there was no way back after we hit the post. Langfield must be dropped for Tuesday.

I agree he doesnt command his box but others are as bad. Disagree with the Mulgrew thing. He has no heart. Our defenders should be going head first through him. Unfortunately our defenders have even less heart. We need to sign some bruiser from th highland league with some balls to just go through folk.

If we were still playing football in the 1990's. Last I looked ye canna just go through folk as you put it as any hard challenge now, whether meant or just mistimed inevitably ends in a red. Yes, our defending was terrible though so maybe not fair if me to single him out. Just so frustrated that he has even had the opportunity to let us down............again.

If we were still playing football in the 1990's. Last I looked ye canna just go through folk as you put it as any hard challenge now, whether meant or just mistimed inevitably ends in a red. Yes, our defending was terrible though so maybe not fair if me to single him out. Just so frustrated that he has even had the opportunity to let us down............again.

Maybe not go through people but theres a lack of the drive to move heaven and earth to get a head on a high ball in our box. Havent had it since Russel Anderson.

Absolutely fantastic day out church on the hill was superb, pity about the performance. The defence was utter pap the creativity was nonexsistant. We constantly threw balls down the centre in the hope that vernon could hold the ball up, midfield then became isolated from play. No width until second half when jack began running the line. In the first half mcnamee was completely open out wide and instead of switching play we again tried to pass the ball through 6 Celtic players. The first half was terrible we didn't look up for it bar maguire. Second half was a bit better but we made Celtic look good because we were so bad. Jack, needs to start we need to keep maguire and vernon upfront. I can't understand why we can't use players out wide it's always Aberdeens problem.

Totally agree. Langfield just never looked confident yesterday, but then again the whole defence was utter turd.

mcardle was sh*te, I remember getting annoyed at him on the right, he especially just ran without checking runs, not staying goal side of attacker and worst of all not paying attention to where the ball was several times he was concentrating on matching pace instead of clearing or getting infront of play. His play was extremely predictable get ball hoof up to vernon Everytime

mcardle was sh*te, I remember getting annoyed at him on the right, he especially just ran without checking runs, not staying goal side of attacker and worst of all not paying attention to where the ball was several times he was concentrating on matching pace instead of clearing or getting infront of play. His play was extremely predictable get ball hoof up to vernon Everytime

Aye he was pretty woeful. Thing about Rory is he's a good defender (well yesterday aside) but his distribution at times is poor as was shown in the game.

100% correct.

Said it before, countless times. I'll say it again.

This club will never go anywhere, never achieve anything never win anything with such a gutless, incapable and hopeless bottle merchant like that in between the sticks.

I can't really blame the rest of the team.

They were beaten before they had a chance to get into the game thanks to that utterly inept excuse for a goalkeeper.

f**king prick.

lack of confidence for Langfield. I thought Hartley was pretty sh*te too in all fairness. IMO pass marks go to maguire, vernon, jack and felt magennis did reasonably well in the 10 mins or so he had. Considine started doing not too bad later on but even watching the highlights Hartley was running back and forth not really doing jack sh*t. I still believe we will come good and to be fair should not expect cup glory instantly, equally I expect more fight and that was certainly missing first half. They let us down from that side.

Aye. Pretty unbelievable.

Another of the JC old guard who remain part of the problem. :ThumbsDown:

I disagree with this JC stuff too many of you live in the past. I can't deny Langfield wasn't shocking yesterday however the team is mainly made up of mcghees signings or youth. If I remember correctly diamond/considine/maguire can be ruled out as they were youths taken through the ranks. Langfield and young can only be seen as JC's signings. The rest were mcghees signings or youths, with the odd exception for browns one or two. It's deep rooted within the club and not one ex managers fault. The players have to wake up too. IMO I'd have taken one of JC's teams Inc, smith, Nicholson etc over the lot we have at the moment with the exception of maguire/pawlett/jack/fyvie. The players must get a grip and take responsibility!

Aye. Pretty unbelievable.

Another of the JC old guard who remain part of the problem. :ThumbsDown:

Terrible mistake by Young, i mean i've no idea what he was thinking. Did have a poor game as did most of our team however he's played really well since Brown took the reins and pissed me off how poorly he played yesterday cause he had a chance to show he was right to keep his place and now he just might have lost it now for the rest of the season.

The 3rd goal in my view is the most embarrassing. It took about a year and a half for Clangers to get down to it.

The ball was going so slow but yet fat boy took an eternity to get down to it, was awful.

It looked like he had Rogne down as a scorer anytime at the bookies. I still cannot understand how it was possible for him not to save it. I would fancy my chances at that one, and I am truly woeful in every aspect of goalkeeping.

I disagree with this JC stuff too many of you live in the past. I can't deny Langfield wasn't shocking yesterday however the team is mainly made up of mcghees signings or youth. If I remember correctly diamond/considine/maguire can be ruled out as they were youths taken through the ranks. Langfield and young can only be seen as JC's signings. The rest were mcghees signings or youths, with the odd exception for browns one or two. It's deep rooted within the club and not one ex managers fault. The players have to wake up too. IMO I'd have taken one of JC's teams Inc, smith, Nicholson etc over the lot we have at the moment with the exception of maguire/pawlett/jack/fyvie. The players must get a grip and take responsibility!

That's nae my point min.

The worst offenders have been here too long and are still letting us down.

It's absolutely f**k all to do with JC v MM or anything like that.

To mention Smith and Nicholson is not anywhere near relevant to the point.

It would be if they were still here and were f**king things up.

But they aren't, so it's not.

It was a sickening attempt to save the ball. The first goal, yeah shouldn't have been off his line or get beat from there but it can be forgiven as nerves may be jangling and it happens to even the BEST of goalkeepers. It's still his fault, but not going to have a go at him for that one more than the 3rd goal, I'm literally still in shock that it happened, no goalkeeper - not even John Burridge or even Andy Goram in present state would have let that go in! It was f**king awful goalkeeping.

Clangers didn't look too clever for the 1st or 3rd goals, but personally I'd blame Diamond more for the third. The useless c4nt never even jumped against Rogne, who is a youngster against an experienced centre half, embaressing.

Least Diamond has the consolation of being able to go to the final to watch his beloved hoops. C4nt.