The Millertime Appreciation Thread

amancalledbuck

• Site Sponsor

Signed.

Don't worry bud, us refugees love your work.

You're like a White Martin Luther King.

I see the censorship police are back on this site with Millertime's "Considine" and the "That Flag" threads being removed.

"

Viva free speech radges

Bring back LS :sheepdance:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

I see the censorship police are back on this site with Millertime's "Considine" and the "That Flag" threads being removed.

"

Viva free speech radges

Bring back LS :sheepdance:

Difference is it's not a dictatorship and things are discussed regarding moderation. Those threads weren't locked/removed because of opinion, but because of the direction the threads took. ie. personal and offensive posts. It's not censorship, it's moderation. I know that wasn't a serious post, but i'm replying to it seriously.

:sherlock::sheepdance::popcorn::thehat:

• Admin

On dear, personal and offensive posts? On a messageboard? On the internet?

When a messageboard runs like it should, mods have f.uck all to do. Then they feel like they should be doing something so they do something just to validate themselves.

Pathetic.

There are rules to this message board, if you don't so much care for them there is currently 2 other boards available.

interesting.

im not saying i disagree with you, just seeking further clarification

at what point then should mods step in?

if people start posting pics of young girls?

should we be able to SAY whatever we want to each other?

id very much like to post a picture of my willy in the willy thread i started, but i know thats not allowed

unless i maybe made it look artistic?

I have no problem with you posting your cock MT, as long as it's using a spoiler tag and clearly stated as NSFW. :sheepshag:

• Admin

Not to me, there's not. As RTYD alluded to, censorship is bad. It's not North East. It's not Aberdeen.

We encourage debate, of course we do. But when topics get completely derailed from the whole point of a thread due to bickering and arguments totally unrelated to the original theme a little house keeping needs to happen. It's not sinister in its undertones.

There is no hidden agenda nor any personal vendettas.

At least we can have this discussion without people being sent to the gulag in secret.

Lol re gulag. I wasn't aware that threads had got out of hand and until our sponsor mentioned, was unaware that threads were getting deleted.

In fact, should threads NEVER be deleted but locked instead? OK, potentially libellous posts can be removed but deleted? Nuts.

Nothing is deleted. Just taken out of public view.

• Admin

Lol re gulag. I wasn't aware that threads had got out of hand and until our sponsor mentioned, was unaware that threads were getting deleted.

In fact, should threads NEVER be deleted but locked instead? OK, potentially libellous posts can be removed but deleted? Nuts.

In an ideal world, threads would be locked or removed, the offending posts pruned and then returned to forum it came from and opened again.

Threads are never deleted by the way.

• Admin

Deleted, removed from public view, it's the same thing and a minor side note.

In an ideal world, NOTHING would be locked or removed. Our difference on this depends on what ideal or ideology we believe in.

In an ideal world there would be no huns and weegies would wash regularly. But alas, tis not to be.

• Site Sponsor

Difference is it's not a dictatorship and things are discussed regarding moderation. Those threads weren't locked/removed because of opinion, but because of the direction the threads took. ie. personal and offensive posts. It's not censorship, it's moderation. I know that wasn't a serious post, but i'm replying to it seriously.

:sherlock::sheepdance::popcorn::thehat:

Serious point. Who was offended by them? Seriously who? Where I had reached with it was a slagging of Frankie (which he likes) and it was just getting interesting. We definitely have a reduction in posting now. Very Donstalkish!!!

• Site Sponsor

In an ideal world, threads would be locked or removed, the offending posts pruned and then returned to forum it came from and opened again.

Threads are never deleted by the way.

Can we have them sent to a "pish posts for the feel" page then please?

Excellent question. You see what the "ideaological" difference is now, Mods? You don't have to do something simply not to feel redundant. It's by not getting in the road that the board works best. Of course there will extreme posts and extreme situations which may need intervention with a word here and there to repeat offenders but stop acting simply to exercise power for the sake of it. This is only a messageboard. It's not significantly important nor serious. And how about sending it to a "bad boy thread" so we can see the judgements that you make? The argument that it doesn't get deleted but removed from public view is just so stupid and senseless, as even mt pointed out.

http://www.afc-chat.co.uk/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

If its only a message board then why do you care so much about the threads that are removed? the rules are in the link above for any one that wants to see them

We are a lot more tolerant than any other site I use or have used in the past, after all you are not banned :thumbs: . we set out the rules to keep the peace and we don't want threads descending in to personal abuse. I'm not sure why that's so difficult to get.

Serious point. Who was offended by them? Seriously who? Where I had reached with it was a slagging of Frankie (which he likes) and it was just getting interesting. We definitely have a reduction in posting now. Very Donstalkish!!!

I wasn't offended by them.

I found the flag thread tedious and that it was going round in circles regarding content, but nothing offensive about it.

Because when you make yourself feel important by making a judgement, you have a responsibility to get it right. It's a f.ucking principle here.

Oh look, here's another that doesn't agree with you: -

Just let the f.ucker flow. Us plebs will "police it" by either not participating or joining in.

the thread was full of personal abuse and became tedious as KSL stated. thats not what the site needs, it had plenty of that before.

everyone else seems to be happy enough with the site and is able to get on with it so why not you?

EDIT AND BACK ON TOPIC - MT I salute your threads in the pub

Yeah I get that first bit but short memories? WTF you on about?

Are you afraid of being questioned? If so, you shouldn't be there.

For the final time, if YOU LOT decide that something is "offensive", then you have to represent us all. You don't have to, of course, as you could be dickheads like mad if you preferred, but a site that represents Aberdeen should be Aberdeen. You do know who you represent?

This threat of expulsion that you LOVE to pull out occasionally is weak as piss.

nobody is threatening any one with expulsion. we know you love to stir things up RS but why not just take a break

• Site Sponsor

http://www.afc-chat....tion=boardrules

If its only a message board then why do you care so much about the threads that are removed? the rules are in the link above for any one that wants to see them

We are a lot more tolerant than any other site I use or have used in the past, after all you are not banned :thumbs: . we set out the rules to keep the peace and we don't want threads descending in to personal abuse. I'm not sure why that's so difficult to get.

So did anyone complain about the thread or was it just a Mod thing?

No, you lie. It's NOT just me. I may be the one with the balls to question it all the way because I don't give a f.uck but deleting it was poor UNLESS THERE WAS SOMETHING HEINOUS OR DAMAGING IN THERE. Lock the f.ucker, don't delete it.

The irony that it's me and you eh, vda? Salivating yet? If you can't take open and honest questions, you should get the hell out the road. Agreed?

I along with any other mods will take any question and suggestion on board. there is a PM function available which you can use RS to contact any of us. We are all approachable lads.

the rules are there and we ask to leave threads on topic and personal abuse out or threads could be dumped.

no bans have been issued, no suspensions were even discussed or mentioned by any of us, nobody got hurt and almost everyone seems to be happy about it.

• Site Sponsor

RS, we're a libertarian bastion of civil liberties and free speech compared to other sites. Still doesn't surprise me you're questioning the running of the site, however.

People have short memories.

Really Bebo, so what. Let's let the thing flow. It'sgood to have a wee pop now and again.