Celtic And Lennon

Ok guys this is ma first topic here so wish me well.

over the last season or so a have found myself being more and more anoyed with celtic footbal club and there manager, either with lennons stupid comments the chairman reid guy or by there players. and today lennon was trying to play brown as some angel for godding diouf who is no angel but it aint on doing that to another player. i am finding myself wanting the other side of glasgow to win now which i never thought i would say but i think the other night when andy got sent off and what happened in the game has caused it. i know all other none old firm teams dont get the decisions but that is still getting me.

anyone else like this?

I hate Celtic more than Rangers.

It's down to Messrs Liewell, their war mongering chairman Reid, and of course that dreadful wee cretin of a man, Lennon.

Their scummy whingeing support are tedious in the extreme too.

FT Tic.

Hope theywin feck all this season and that wee rodent Lennon gets the tin tack.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been living in Glasgow for 4 years, and I must admit, Celtic fans are horrendous specimens. They say they're nothing like Rangers, yet spout sh*te about the IRA. They feel aggrieved at everything, and think they are amazing. They see everything through green tinted glasses, and is impossible to have a conversation about them. Last night my Celtic mate said 'with Commons playing like that we have a great chance to win the Champions League next season. With him and the 'best support in the world, we'll be amazing'. The majority of Rangers fans I know (which has been through work, which means they have jobs so doesn't represent the majority of them) are fairly decent and can see both sides of any football match. Celtic fans are just vile. I hate both sides! Both are a disgrace to Scottish football

Roberto, I always thought i was in the minority! this is a area that gets me worked right up! my cousin is a dons fan and despises rangers, like to a level I have never seen and he can't understand the sellik thing with me. he never had to put up with the pish that I did when I was at work though. I've got a few mates who are sellik fans (greatest in the world you know) and a fair few Hun mates. A multi million pound rangers team pumps us and I hear nothing about it from the huns, but a multi million pound sellik team pump us and its unbelievable the pish i got/get. and of course, sellik fans always accuse me of being a hun as well...the huns don't ever say anything along those lines re sellik to me.

as someone said before, you can have a decent football related convo with a hun, but never a sellik fan

Spot on!!

Been living in Glasgow for 4 years, and I must admit, Celtic fans are horrendous specimens. They say they're nothing like Rangers, yet spout sh*te about the IRA. They feel aggrieved at everything, and think they are amazing. They see everything through green tinted glasses, and is impossible to have a conversation about them. Last night my Celtic mate said 'with Commons playing like that we have a great chance to win the Champions League next season. With him and the 'best support in the world, we'll be amazing'. The majority of Rangers fans I know (which has been through work, which means they have jobs so doesn't represent the majority of them) are fairly decent and can see both sides of any football match. Celtic fans are just vile. I hate both sides! Both are a disgrace to Scottish football

I think Celtic fans are actually worse than the Huns now. Hate them both. No tolerance for them at all. For every 1 decent Old Firm fan i've met 100 absolute c(_)nts.

Although the Huns we met in the bar in Glasgow after the semi final trotted out the usual "raise your game against Rangers" line and nearly got lynched.

Deco - you'll be able to guess which one of my mates (the VERY bad loser) had to be held back from smacking the boy! :laughing:

I think Celtic fans are actually worse than the Huns now. Hate them both. No tolerance for them at all. For every 1 decent Old Firm fan i've met 100 absolute c(_)nts.

Although the Huns we met in the bar in Glasgow after the semi final trotted out the usual "raise your game against Rangers" line and nearly got lynched.

Deco - you'll be able to guess which one of my mates (the VERY bad loser) had to be held back from smacking the boy! :laughing:

That annoys me about Huns. Although not as much as when we beat them and Celtic fans give it 'cheers for beating them for us'! It just ruins the feeling of beating them!! let me guess, is he a double of David Gray, and partial to stealing folks glasses?

You left at half-time? Disgusting! :checkit:

We are the club, Fight for these colours etc......

You know fine well I'm speaking about you and your lot!

Fighting for the colours and representing the club? In the boozer instead of Hampden for the second half!

Pfft, as I say, DISGRACE!

:stormtrooper:

I believe that Rangers are by far the more loathsome half of the Old Farm.

Aberdeen and Celtic have shared heros, Nicholas and Wee Joe and as a Tim friend of mine just pointed out Neil Simpson aswell.

I was in one of the main Celtic pubs in the centre of Glasgow the day the Tims won the league and we pumped the H^ns 2-0. (Glasgow to Aberdeen was a bridge too far just having arrived from Oz) Anyway I started an Aberdeen, Aberdeen chant that made it all the way thru the pub. I be scared for my life if I tried that in a h^n bear pit.

I've picked my enemy and the enemy of my enemy is my friend. :hunbash:

I think its healthy to see Dons fans despising both halves of the old firm. They really are just two sides of the same coin anyway.

Right now I suspect Celtic have reached new heights in our level of hatred with recent behaviour but the huns are just as bad in their own way.

There are a few reasonable fans of each side out there I know, but the clubs, the majority of the fans and what they stand for is disgusting.

I think its healthy to see Dons fans despising both halves of the old firm. They really are just two sides of the same coin anyway.

Right now I suspect Celtic have reached new heights in our level of hatred with recent behaviour but the huns are just as bad in their own way.

There are a few reasonable fans of each side out there I know, but the clubs, the majority of the fans and what they stand for is disgusting.

Always hated Celtic more due to the fact when i was young they were our main rivals, Rangers were sh*te!

Even back then they were a horrible lot and thought the whole world was against them, i'd be quite happy if the whole world was against them, shoot the f**kers each and every one of them :thumbup1:

Guys, really disappointed with the level of feeling on here. As a Celtic fan who enjoys the humour on this site (but only today signed up), and who has a great relationship with all Dons fans I know, some of the feeling I've read I would expect to see on "their" fans' forums but not here. In my younger years, I always enjoyed my trips to Pittodrie (sitting in the home end, I may add, no matter who the opposition) with fondness, and long to see your club return to the heights it reached in the 80s and early 90s.

There are many things with my club I am not proud of. The level of pro-IRA chanting (at particularly away games, but also evident at Parkhead), is a disgrace and I've often got into arguments with fellow "fans" over this. The appointment of John Reid was also questionable, but I would ask that you not tar us with the same brush, there are morons associating themselves with all teams in Scotland.

Anyway, back to Neil Lennon's attitude, and I am quite pleased with the way he is growing into the role as our manager. Remember he is still relatively young (I'll refrain from making any jokes in comparison with Craig Brown), and I for one would much rather have the passion he shows for the club than someone who merely sits there with his chin on his hands like our previous manager did.

Guys, really disappointed with the level of feeling on here. As a Celtic fan who enjoys the humour on this site (but only today signed up), and who has a great relationship with all Dons fans I know, some of the feeling I've read I would expect to see on "their" fans' forums but not here. In my younger years, I always enjoyed my trips to Pittodrie (sitting in the home end, I may add, no matter who the opposition) with fondness, and long to see your club return to the heights it reached in the 80s and early 90s.

There are many things with my club I am not proud of. The level of pro-IRA chanting (at particularly away games, but also evident at Parkhead), is a disgrace and I've often got into arguments with fellow "fans" over this. The appointment of John Reid was also questionable, but I would ask that you not tar us with the same brush, there are morons associating themselves with all teams in Scotland.

Anyway, back to Neil Lennon's attitude, and I am quite pleased with the way he is growing into the role as our manager. Remember he is still relatively young (I'll refrain from making any jokes in comparison with Craig Brown), and I for one would much rather have the passion he shows for the club than someone who merely sits there with his chin on his hands like our previous manager did.

Always worth remembering that there are idiots as well as sound folk in every support.

Anyway - and be honest - do you seriously feel that Celtic get a rough ride from referees?

Why is John Reids appointment so bad, because of his former political role?

And you love your managers passion even though he's bringing the game into disrepute, is the biggest hypocrite in Scottish football and openly supports a group of fans at Parkhead who are open about their political and religious hatred.

p.s i like the "their" fans forum quip. It's the Old Firm way, got to be one or the other, they both can't see how all non Old Firm fans view the two of them as being as repulsive as each other, think you have to side with one.

Celtic are getting on my chebs more and more in recent times, what with Lennon's complete hypocrisy when it comes to talking about refs and using it to mask poor Celtic performances.

The most annoying part for me is that the Celtic fans I talk to most - at work and the other halfs old man - completely buy into it and genuinely believe they are God's gift.

They couldn't even qualify for the Europa League FFS! Signing every player under the sun is not going to solve that problem.

The Green Brigade get their fair share of fury for the whole "bloostained" poppies affair.

What you get on an internet forum is people saying stuff they probably wouldn't say face to face with people. It allows you to 'speak your brains' without immediate consequences. Also, an internet forum doesn't accurately reflect the views of ALL fans : it is a very small group of fans from a certain demographic.

Lennon was a highly successful player for the OF and he was high profile. I'd have had him in my team if we could afford it, anyone who says they wouldn't isn't looking at the reality, which is almost any player in Rangers and Celtics first team squad would walk into our starting 11. I respect him for continuing playing for NI after receiving bullets, it really could not have been easy to play in those circumstances.

However, the guy has let himself down this season, as have Celtic. Yes, perhaps some decisions have gone against them but that is what happens in a sport which does not have video referees. I happen to think there is no bias in refereeing in this country and I think it is insulting to referees to say they carry club loyalties onto the field : they do an incredibly difficult job. Celtic should not be conducting a war (for want of a better word) in public, it isn't dignified and it isn't classy.

I don't like our chairman, I disagree with my own fans and think the pro IRA singing is a disgrace.

It's like me saying I don't like nuts, i don't like caramel and I don't like chocolate - Can I have a Snickers pleased. It just doesn't make sense.

You've taken a step by joining our forum why don't you do what your heart is clearly telling you and disown the old farm completely and become a Don. It's more interesting and you can hold your head up in public regardless of results.

his age is nothing to with it, he's a bellend and always has been. just wait till you lose a few here and there and he starts blaming the SFA again. no doubt your support will just swallow it as per normal.

anyway back on topic, I hate both the OF, they have to take a large chunk of the blame for the state of the game in this country.

Always worth remembering that there are idiots as well as sound folk in every support.

Anyway - and be honest - do you seriously feel that Celtic get a rough ride from referees?

I used to work with a Motherwell fan who used to have a go at me every Monday because I'd be complaining about this decision, or that decision. He said the Well get it all the time but just get on with it. I have to say that I do feel that Celtic get a rough ride from referees, but only because I use one point of reference and compare against the decisions Rangers do or do not get (apologies for the reference to "their" earlier, I agree in hindsight it was childish).

I could dig out a comparison someone did a year ago comparing every decision Celtic did or didn't get and comparing every decision Rangers did or didn't get and the effect on a points total it would have. Purely through green-tinted glasses of course, but comment taken from independent (again, I use that word loosely) sources in the media. The swing was something like 15 points.

Do I think referees are biased against Celtic? I would have to say no, but would the "Dougie, Dougie" affair have happened had Rangers been playing? Do I think the SFA are against Celtic? I would have to say yes, again based purely on previous evidence. Jim Farry found guilty of deliberately withholding a player's registration so he could not play against Rangers, Gordon Smith just after assuming the role of Chief Exec lambasting Catholic schools in his autobiography, George Peat describing our complaining as "tiresome" - tell me George how the SFA review pannel and disciplinery measures work. Tell me what the criteria for using video evidence is. Tell me what constitutes administering a six game ban for a first offence. Let me point out that I am not Catholic, and not religious in any way, but I do believe there is something of the Glaswegian "what school did you go to" mentality within the SFA.

Let me bring it back to you. Terry Butcher (I'm sure he's sorry about that door he kicked the crap out of at your stadium all those years ago) goes on a complete tirade against the referee and the SPL after Inverness lose 1-0 at Ibrox. Mentions something about every time a Caley player invaded a Rangers player's forcefield it was a free kick. Your very own Craig Brown asks whether Constadine's red in the recent game against us would have been given if it were at the other end (I think it was a penalty but a red was harsh, for what my opinion is worth). Was anything made of these comments and do we expect Terry and Craig to be up before the disciplinery committee any time soon? Neil Lennon quips after a Hearts game (less than a week after the referee admitted to lying in a game against Dundee Utd) that he didn't know why Ledley was sent off and that they were probably in the referees' room getting their story straight. Stupid yes, but in the cold light of day was his comment so unreasonable given what had gone before?

Anyway, glad to see the hatred in the comments have toned down. I honestly do really like Aberdeen as a team, as a fan base, and as a city. I remember you guys also coming up with the funniest chants I've ever heard: "We hate Rangers, we hate Rangers, we hate Rangers more than you........"

Balls, the loon basically admitted he grew up an Aberdeen fan and supports the tims for the glory.

I laughed out loud at that (LOL is not a word). I started supporting Celtic at a time where for every 10 people, 7 were Aberdeen fans, 2 were Rangers fans and 1 followed Celtic. I was a Celtic fan long before I made any trips to Pittodrie, but as mentioned previously, enjoyed many games there, and not just against Celtic. I have to admit to cheering a fantastic Aberdeen goal against us when Snelders lumped it up the park, Gilhaus flicked on, and Charlie hit a Buddy Holly into the net. One of the best goals I've seen with the ball not touching the ground for 90 yards. McStay equalised in the second half though, so all was well.

I don't like our chairman, I disagree with my own fans and think the pro IRA singing is a disgrace.

It's like me saying I don't like nuts, i don't like caramel and I don't like chocolate - Can I have a Snickers pleased. It just doesn't make sense.

You've taken a step by joining our forum why don't you do what your heart is clearly telling you and disown the old farm completely and become a Don. It's more interesting and you can hold your head up in public regardless of results.

I appreciate your logic, but the whole is much greater than the sum of the parts (and fortunately, the parts I don't agree with). You have also repeated yourself, in that my disagreement with certian "fans" was based on the the pro-IRA chanting, so you have done that which I would expect politicians to do and use the momentum of prose to reinforce an already weak argument.

Is it not better that I recognise the problems within my own club and try to do something about them? Squaring up to some of these guys isn't easy, trust me. Fergus McCann did a great deal to stand up against certain songs being sung at Parkhead, and someone needs to do so once again. Some of the youngsters who go to the game haven't a clue about what they're singing nor why they're singing it.

Terry Butcher (I'm sure he's sorry about that door he kicked the crap out of at your stadium all those years ago) goes on a complete tirade against the referee and the SPL after Inverness lose 1-0 at Ibrox. Mentions something about every time a Caley player invaded a Rangers player's forcefield it was a free kick. Your very own Craig Brown asks whether Constadine's red in the recent game against us would have been given if it were at the other end (I think it was a penalty but a red was harsh, for what my opinion is worth). Was anything made of these comments and do we expect Terry and Craig to be up before the disciplinery committee any time soon? Neil Lennon quips after a Hearts game (less than a week after the referee admitted to lying in a game against Dundee Utd) that he didn't know why Ledley was sent off and that they were probably in the referees' room getting their story straight. Stupid yes, but in the cold light of day was his comment so unreasonable given what had gone before?

Can't say I heard either of these comments from Butcher or Brown

Butcher's main beef seemed to be with the fact he felt that Inverness were being bullied into accepting a 10 team league and that the SPL weren't listening to the "smaller" teams, and Brown's comments on Considine's red were a lot more toned down than Lennon at the Hearts game. He just stated quite rightly that Diamond was coming into clear the ball and that when people pay

I appreciate your logic, but the whole is much greater than the sum of the parts (and fortunately, the parts I don't agree with). You have also repeated yourself, in that my disagreement with certian "fans" was based on the the pro-IRA chanting, so you have done that which I would expect politicians to do and use the momentum of prose to reinforce an already weak argument.

Is it not better that I recognise the problems within my own club and try to do something about them? Squaring up to some of these guys isn't easy, trust me. Fergus McCann did a great deal to stand up against certain songs being sung at Parkhead, and someone needs to do so once again. Some of the youngsters who go to the game haven't a clue about what they're singing nor why they're singing it.

It's not my arguement, my Tim friend, it's your arguement. Your original post stated "There are many things with my club I am not proud of." All i'm saying is you can become a Don and be part of something better.

Once you come over from the dark side and see the light all will be forgiven (even that quip comparing me to a politician, how dare you!) :thumbup1:

I used to work with a Motherwell fan who used to have a go at me every Monday because I'd be complaining about this decision, or that decision. He said the Well get it all the time but just get on with it. I have to say that I do feel that Celtic get a rough ride from referees, but only because I use one point of reference and compare against the decisions Rangers do or do not get (apologies for the reference to "their" earlier, I agree in hindsight it was childish).

I could dig out a comparison someone did a year ago comparing every decision Celtic did or didn't get and comparing every decision Rangers did or didn't get and the effect on a points total it would have. Purely through green-tinted glasses of course, but comment taken from independent (again, I use that word loosely) sources in the media. The swing was something like 15 points.

Do I think referees are biased against Celtic? I would have to say no, but would the "Dougie, Dougie" affair have happened had Rangers been playing? Do I think the SFA are against Celtic? I would have to say yes, again based purely on previous evidence. Jim Farry found guilty of deliberately withholding a player's registration so he could not play against Rangers, Gordon Smith just after assuming the role of Chief Exec lambasting Catholic schools in his autobiography, George Peat describing our complaining as "tiresome" - tell me George how the SFA review pannel and disciplinery measures work. Tell me what the criteria for using video evidence is. Tell me what constitutes administering a six game ban for a first offence. Let me point out that I am not Catholic, and not religious in any way, but I do believe there is something of the Glaswegian "what school did you go to" mentality within the SFA.

Let me bring it back to you. Terry Butcher (I'm sure he's sorry about that door he kicked the crap out of at your stadium all those years ago) goes on a complete tirade against the referee and the SPL after Inverness lose 1-0 at Ibrox. Mentions something about every time a Caley player invaded a Rangers player's forcefield it was a free kick. Your very own Craig Brown asks whether Constadine's red in the recent game against us would have been given if it were at the other end (I think it was a penalty but a red was harsh, for what my opinion is worth). Was anything made of these comments and do we expect Terry and Craig to be up before the disciplinery committee any time soon? Neil Lennon quips after a Hearts game (less than a week after the referee admitted to lying in a game against Dundee Utd) that he didn't know why Ledley was sent off and that they were probably in the referees' room getting their story straight. Stupid yes, but in the cold light of day was his comment so unreasonable given what had gone before?

Anyway, glad to see the hatred in the comments have toned down. I honestly do really like Aberdeen as a team, as a fan base, and as a city. I remember you guys also coming up with the funniest chants I've ever heard: "We hate Rangers, we hate Rangers, we hate Rangers more than you........"

Wrap up, stop trying to be our friend and f**k off.

OF GTF. One and the same.

There is no way any sane individual can think Lennon is in the right over this. Celtic benefit, and have benefited for as long as I can remember, from the same 'tilt' in decisions that Rangers do. I don't need some paranoid loner compiling a dossier of decisions to know this. I don't think the referees are biased either, they will just 90% tip the benefit of the doubt decisions in favour of the OF. Not consciously, but because they are scared of the fall out that always follows should a referee happen to make a mistake. Cos you are c**ts, Rangers are c**ts, the SFA are c**ts, and the media are c**ts. And c**ts stick together.

Wrap up, stop trying to be our friend and f**k off.

OF GTF. One and the same.

There is no way any sane individual can think Lennon is in the right over this. Celtic benefit, and have benefited for as long as I can remember, from the same 'tilt' in decisions that Rangers do. I don't need some paranoid loner compiling a dossier of decisions to know this. I don't think the referees are biased either, they will just 90% tip the benefit of the doubt decisions in favour of the OF. Not consciously, but because they are scared of the fall out that always follows should a referee happen to make a mistake. Cos you are c**ts, Rangers are c**ts, the SFA are c**ts, and the media are c**ts. And c**ts stick together.

Your the reason we have eugenics in this world. :sheepdance:

And here was me thinking it was due to spazzies and downers.....

Sadly Jonty that is just part of it's history.

:soapbox:

It's un-enlightend knuckle draggers like this 'woohoo' :nutso: That gives humanity a bad name and the justification the eugenisists need to do what they do.

I wonder how many doses of aspartame and fluoride he has to wash down his genetically modified processed dinner. :itch-chin:

In the words of Alex Jones, woohoo "I bet your mama didn't breast feed you" :offtopic: sorry.

Bringing it back to football, I bet Lennon drinks plenty of Diet Coke.