Tonights Football Thread

aye things looking difficult for man united.

marseille are essentially nae team with real hopes of winning the c.l. but united are and really should be getting away goals at least against sides like marseille.

wouldnt be overly shocked to see united go out now.

and the league looks interesting now.

i bet you torres gets his first for chelsea against united to reduce gap to one point.

Anyone but that little poofter.

I'm hoping for a draw actually, that way Arsenal catch Man U and Liverpool catch up with top 4.

The latter is a very tough ask - but you never know.

Also next Sunday I'm down the road for it - but Liverpool v Man U, that's going to be a good game also. Arsenal fans will become Liverpool fans for the day. Come on Redmen!

i reckon he'll come good for chelsea, maybe not this season but would think so next year.

just have a feeling chelsea (maybe him too) will up their game for this one.

united are quite good defensivley this season but could really do with fat wayne pulling his socks up.

if he had had a semi good season united would have been out of sight by now.

He doesn't score 'that' many goals, however his work rate and attitude is next to none, he really tries hard in EVERY single game he plays. He doesn't think 'oh can't be arsed turning up today'.

His attitude towards football is good, and I like players like that.

Sounds like you've just described Darren Mackie there.

Anywho, Man Utd away form continues to be poor and still struggling to score away goals in Europe. Solid defence though.

They will have there missing players back for the 2nd leg and I expect them to go through.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm finding this quite unbearable.

With Aberdeen we squander numerous cup chances when we were probably at the time 3rd/4th favourites to lift the cup.

Now, at the first time of asking with a team which is probably more of an outside than us it looks like a cup is going back to Dingwall.

Diddy cup or not, it's more than we've won.

Maybe it has been a psychological factor with Aberdeen players?

P.s. This isn't an "we should have kept Jimmy" thread and it hopefully won't go that way.

It's a strange development though.

I'm finding this quite unbearable.

With Aberdeen we squander numerous cup chances when we were probably at the time 3rd/4th favourites to lift the cup.

Now, at the first time of asking with a team which is probably more of an outside than us it looks like a cup is going back to Dingwall.

Diddy cup or not, it's more than we've won.

Maybe it has been a psychological factor with Aberdeen players?

P.s. This isn't an "we should have kept Jimmy" thread and it hopefully won't go that way.

It's a strange development though.

Jimmy took over with them already sitting in the final, with it having been postponed a couple of times due to bad weather, so he only had to win this match to lift the cup which they are about to do.

Doesn't really bother me as it's a trophy for clubs outwith the SPL so although it's more than we've won, it's insignificant.

Jimmy took over with them already sitting in the final, with it having been postponed a couple of times due to bad weather, so he only had to win this match to lift the cup which they are about to do.

Doesn't really bother me as it's a trophy for clubs outwith the SPL so although it's more than we've won, it's insignificant.

I completely accept that, however we all the team bottled it at hampden and tynecastle in the semis. I find it hard to believe 3 managers are at fault, for something which must clearly be the teams mentality and bottle.

Look who's talking min ;-)

He could be riding Susan Boyle for all I care but if he puts in a performance like last night then he's a hero in my eyes. He was absolutely fantastic.

I get the feeling it hasn't quite sunk in with Carroll yet, still seems nervous by it all. Him and Suarez will be deadly.

one of the pundits or commentators on SSN this morning said it was like their were two Dirk Kuyts on the park

Aye, he was absolutely everywhere.

Anytime Liverpool had the ball he was showing face to receive it.

And if he lost it, he would give everything to win it back - or if someone else gave it away, HE'D chase back and get the ball back for his team mate.

He's a proper team player, and I hope some of Aberdeens players were watching and were taking note!

Got a lot of respect for Kuyt. He's not the most gifted of players flair wise but what he lacks in flair he more than makes up for in effort. I can't think of many players who work as hard as he does.

Look who's talking min ;-)

He could be riding Susan Boyle for all I care but if he puts in a performance like last night then he's a hero in my eyes. He was absolutely fantastic.

I get the feeling it hasn't quite sunk in with Carroll yet, still seems nervous by it all. Him and Suarez will be deadly.

:hysterical:

I know though ;)