Diamond

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Site Sponsor

How could Diamond take any blame for Clangers injury? Langfield was so stupid, he didn't anticipate a thing, despite seeing it happening. Nothing new there then.

He f**ked up, Diamond comes out to challenge, Imrie scores, yet Diamond continues to clatter Clangers. Unfortunately the injury does not keep him out on Saturday, but the lang streak of pish was culpable.

Good constructive criticism (at last). I have been saying this also for a while now that it would be in the best interests concerned that Zander Diamond moves on, for himself (closer to his home turf of Dumbarton), Aberdeen and us supporters. Certainly nothing personal at all in my opinion but he needs a fresh start as his galling lack of ability, capability, vision and staleness are not going to be cured at Aberdeen I'm afraid. His performance yesterday just shows much he has fallen back the way.

I agree with that.

I don't want to get involved in personnel abuse against Zander as some on here have done as he's a likable big bloke who's never gave less than 100% for Aberdeen, despite all his Celtic baggage he carries about with him.

I had real high hopes for him but it's just not happening for him here, maybe down to being mis-managed and not having an experienced head next to him to help develop him?

I believe he should have been stripped of the captaincy already and should now sit out the remaining games to give the likes of Shaunnessy a go.

All the best Zander, I reckon you'll need it.

Lol min.

On the collision, it was one of the most bizarre things I've ever seen.

Zander did not alter his direction and Langfield saw it coming. It was so incredible that you almost wonder if Zander really hates Clangers but for the keeper not to have had the intelligence and basic anticipation to get the one part of his being that you need to protect oot the road was unreal. Any functioning instinct would have removed his head from the line of possible collision rather than put his left arm up at the last minute. Clangers couldn't have reasonably expected Zander to continue to run straight into him but as he got closer, he had to get his napper oot the road. He was looking at him the whole time.

I reckon this incident sums up both perfectly, a couple of clowns who have hugely underperformed for AFC and who have needed to be removed from our club for a long time now. Zander showed early promise, then faltered, then came on to a game in Calderwood's last year but regressed badly these last two seasons. Langfield has never been good enough from day one.

This issue of slagging our own players raises an interesting point. Should fans be loyal and support every player in the shirt, irrespective of how they're doing and understanding that everyone makes mistakes and will have bad games? Yes, that is reasonable but where we know that a player isn't good enough and needs to be got rid, then why the f**k do we have to endure him making a c**t of it week in, week out? This is where a decent manager should be doing his job, something we've never had under Milne, with the exception of Brown and Knox who have inherited a shocking and completely unbalanced squad and who may be farting against thunder.

It's the lack of fight and the poor attitude that riles the most. It's driving people away.

I always put the blame at the door of the manager and the club, if a player is in the mould of mcdonald and kerr, there was only a couple of people to blame, the manager and the board, you cant blame the players, Kerr always give his all imo, Mcdonald just went missing.......... it was plain to see in recent seasons that big zander was nearing the end of his time with us, Monday showed how much he has went doon hill, he needs the bigger pay packet at Hearts, as I doubt he will be the player he was.

i just hope broon and knox take all the young kids into the side in the coming weeks, so we can see what their made of.

Now that it does appear Diamond is gone I can reflect on his time at AFC. He showed promise and commitment but sadly that promise has not matured and although fully commited it remains horribly unfocussed. In one sense I wish him well and hope he can mature as a player - in another becuase he is off to another SPL side I hope he continues in the same vein of form he has found the last few years - cross the ball into the box and let Zander do the rest.

We do appear to be shedding players who in the last few seasons have not helped AFC progress - this is not the beginning of the end of dark times for AFC but it might be at least the end of the beginning - we can but hope. There is still an awful lot of work to do, people to move on and culture to change. Come on Craig and Archie!

no, youre right

he put the team first, before his face

brave goalkeeping and something we should be applauding

Brave goalkeeping? He jumped out of way of ball which went through his legs and trickled along the ground into the centre of the goals. No idea what Zander was doing though.

But, as I tried to discuss in my post, where do you draw the line? If they're obviously not good enough, why is the manager playing them? etc. etc.

Chicken and egg.

You can only p!ss with the cock you've got and Brown and Knox have inherited a set of cocks with limited ability. So to that extent as a supported of the club you need to acknowledge the limitations as footballers and accept the odd stray pass, mis-hit shot, late tackle. Where I draw the line and begin to criticise / dislike players is when they fail to acknowledge their own limitations and perform the inexplicable. Moments that make you question "WTF did you do that for?"

Diamond, Clangfield and Considine are in my black book. Kerr and MacDonald were constant offenders last season.

you criticise Neuer for Man Uts goal last night too then, as that was a carbon copy!

Never seen it.

he did what all good goalkeepers do and thats come out and try to stay big

Stay big? If stayed big then ball would have not got past him. He actually jumps out of the way of the ball and over it just Imrie the easiest task to stroke ball into the centre of the goals. At very least Langfield got his angles completely wrong and gave the opponent over half the goal to put bal into.

you yourself has just admitted there was eff all he could do about the goal, while canine before has slated him for "jumping over it".

it makes me freakin raging that people with NO IDEA what theyre talking about try and slag someone off

as ive said before, watch how Neuer reacted to giggs' goal last night, was a carbon copy

I can safely say that K-9 would have good opinion on the matter of goal keeping

never seen it?

watch it then.

he's being coveted as the best keeper in europe and he reacted in the exact same way to it as langfield did

honestly, just get over yourself, the levels to which people stoop to "dis" langfield is embarassing

Just did and nothing like Langfield there, not even close.

Standing big?

Langfield2.jpg

Jumping out of way not standing big

Langfield-1.jpg

pourquoi?

ok, so for the record then...you agree that Langfield reacted to the hamilton goal in pretty much the exact same way as the most coveted keeper in europe right now?

Eh? I think i've made it clear enough, what do you want, a signed statement?

well, just keen to point out that you dont rate langfield, but you absolve him of ANY blame for that goal, whereas k9 is still trying to solely blame him for it - an example of how folk on here invent crap to suit their own agendas

the guy loves our club and tries his best. if you dont rate him, blame the manager, not him as hes only doing what any of us would kill to do!

Don't lie Frankie. K-9 has not done or said anything like that. Stop making up LIES in order to suit your arguement. It just makes you look even more stupid.

If Diamond turns around at the end of the season and decides he wants to stay and CB lets him, I feel I could do nothing but laugh, then eat my season ticket.

I would love you to do that.

As for Langfield, not the best of goalkeeping at the goal, time and time again he often jumps or 'dives' out of the way of the ball, no way would Imrie be putting that ball down a side of the keeper in that position, clueless keeper left exposed by clueless defender.

This thread alone is proof that there is a set agenda against Langfield amongst many posters on here.

To slate Langfield for the goal conceded against Hamilton on Monday is actually quite embarrassing. I'm pretty sure those of you who do it know deep down that he hasn't done much wrong but don't want to let your guard slip on your anti-Langfield agenda.

I am very happy that Langfield is being offered a new contract, and hopefully we can bring in an older or more experienced centre half to partner either Considine or McArdle for the new season.

I'm at a loss as to how anyone can defend any of the f**k ups we have had in our defence, whether it be Langfield, Considine, Diamond, Ifil etc. They all have their varying levels of culpability, with Plug being conspirator-in-chief.

A whole new defence is needed to rid ourselves of the amateurish and stupid goals that we concede on a regular basis.

This thread alone is proof that there is a set agenda against Langfield amongst many posters on here.

To slate Langfield for the goal conceded against Hamilton on Monday is actually quite embarrassing. I'm pretty sure those of you who do it know deep down that he hasn't done much wrong but don't want to let your guard slip on your anti-Langfield agenda.

^

Finally, some sense in this thread.

I am very happy that Langfield is being offered a new contract, and hopefully we can bring in an older or more experienced centre half to partner either Considine or McArdle for the new season.

I actually think you must be the lothian version of millertime, you both talk total sh*te.