Brown Getting His Excuses Ready.............

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll give Mr Brown the benefit of the doubt, after all he didn't sign Mackie, Foster, Considine, Fyvie...............and all the rest.

So literally, it isn't his team - I wouldn't read into the statement too much.

Hardly condusive to a nice happy dressing room though. Seen it under previous managers that it doesn't take much to split the dressing room down the middle.

What a bold statement. And sweeping generalisation. And of course total dramatised, unadulterated garbage.

I went to two games in a row under McGhee where we never even had a shot on target, for 180 minutes of f**king football.

You also take no account of circumstance.

Total drama, total hyperbole, total pish.

Erm - that was under Brown!!

Edit: Too late lol

Its that sort of attitude that is one of the root problems.

If your not happy go and support another team / or dont bother going as calderwood once put it.

Another season of spiriling attendances wait and the club inches closer to death, but yet nobody seems to give a f**k.

* Also worth noting the amount of people who back brown on here, probably havnt been to see his "team" in action.

Last season the football we played from Feb - May was the worst under ANY afc manager.

You are entitled your opinion and to air your views but i think if you truly believe this it just tells everyone they should totally ignore your views because it proves very strongly that you must have a very poor understanding and knowledge of the game.

If you think the football was the worst on show here under any manager i would have to ask where you were under some of the years we spent under Alex Miller, Ebbe, Steve Paterson and in particular most of 2010 under Mark McGhee. If you enjoyed watching fast free flowing football when we were playing with a back four of 4 centre backs and 2 holding midfielders like we started last season you did better than me and must have been watching another game.

I dont think Craig Brown is a messiah and neither does anyone else. He isnt suddenly going to be able to turn us into a team thats going to win every week and play fast attacking football like the Arsenals and Barcelona's of this world but we have to give the man a chance to improve us and move us forward a little bit back up the table to respectability.

Unfotunately like many of the previous managers he too appears to be struggling to manage to persuade his main targets to join us and move up here, but unless we are going to suddenly get the backing of tonights euromillions winner pumping millions into us we are just going to have to accept that we are going to have to take players from a lot further down the pecking order and this means that the process of improving us will take longer. More a red evolution than a red revolution.

It seems from some of your comments you feel that Mark Mcghee wasnt given enough of a chance before he was dismissed after 18 months so surely you must now follow your own bible and give Craig Brown a chance before you write off what he is trying to do and criticise his every move.

You are entitled your opinion and to air your views but i think if you truly believe this it just tells everyone they should totally ignore your views because it proves very strongly that you must have a very poor understanding and knowledge of the game.

If you think the football was the worst on show here under any manager i would have to ask where you were under some of the years we spent under Alex Miller, Ebbe, Steve Paterson and in particular most of 2010 under Mark McGhee. If you enjoyed watching fast free flowing football when we were playing with a back four of 4 centre backs and 2 holding midfielders like we started last season you did better than me and must have been watching another game.

I dont think Craig Brown is a messiah and neither does anyone else. He isnt suddenly going to be able to turn us into a team thats going to win every week and play fast attacking football like the Arsenals and Barcelona's of this world but we have to give the man a chance to improve us and move us forward a little bit back up the table to respectability.

Unfotunately like many of the previous managers he too appears to be struggling to manage to persuade his main targets to join us and move up here, but unless we are going to suddenly get the backing of tonights euromillions winner pumping millions into us we are just going to have to accept that we are going to have to take players from a lot further down the pecking order and this means that the process of improving us will take longer. More a red evolution than a red revolution.

It seems from some of your comments you feel that Mark Mcghee wasnt given enough of a chance before he was dismissed after 18 months so surely you must now follow your own bible and give Craig Brown a chance before you write off what he is trying to do and criticise his every move.

Good post.

Brown has my full support for the season ahead.

there is nothing wrong with raising concerns.

Did McGhee not inherit a team that had qualified for Europe? Did Brown not inherit a team that was heading for relegation.

Yeah.... same thing right enough!!!

Nope - he inherited half a team after half the squad left prior to appointment then was given pennies to replace loads of outgoing players with just 3 (1 keeper). Inherited a dressing room with attitiude and in first season McGhee's main "mistake" was trying to instill some professionalism into the players and unsurprisingly banning midweek drinking (i.e. Mcdonald having stag night 4 days before biggest game of season and Kerr getting his face smashed in), taking players in on Sundays if team is pants on Saturday and generally reigning players in, had half the dressing room turning against him from word go.

Last summer was when McGhee needed judging and no doubt he made mess of that one.

As a matter of interest, how many years do you lot think Brown will be here? As he's obviously not long term due to age, but I'm wondering how ahead he's thinking and if he's building a team for someone to step in and take over, obviously has the same thinking as him etc etc.

I would have said 2.5/3.5 years in total but bit more worried now. Right man at the time but have more and more doubt creeping in the more he talks (like previous managers) and the more desperate he sounds. Seems to not matter who is in charge at AFC they start out positive and saying the right things then get dragged down in time and end up a gibbering mess. In fact this has been the case just about every manager in last 17 years, which just so happens to be Milne's reign. Our club is a mess!!

I think Brown was just stating the fact that it's not his ideal team at the moment and it will take more than 1 transfer window for him to create it. I can't really see anything negative with this article, CB is just being realistic, he can't create a perfect (spl standard) team this summer with the budget he has. The only negative thing is that he says he's looking for at least 2 more players. I think we will need at least 3 more in. Perhaps this isn't including players we intend to get on loan, who knows. I'll remain optimistic for now :crossfingers:

FFS guys, Brown has made a simple statement about this team, which could have been a leading question from the journalist i.e. "Do you think this is now your team?" and folk are jumping on his back.

How about we give him a f**king break and see how the season progresses without the suicidal tendancies from Stoney etc.

We've not even played a pre-season game and we've people getting on his back already over a throw away comment! Get a grip.

Stoney, you must have a permenant soor face! Waking up every morning thinking "That was a sh*te sleep, god I hate Tuesdays. I really wish I never bought this bed, it's sh*te. Call that a tooth brush? jesus....roll on death"

:scarf::scarf::scarf:

I would have said 2.5/3.5 years in total but bit more worried now. Right man at the time but have more and more doubt creeping in the more he talks (like previous managers) and the more desperate he sounds. Seems to not matter who is in charge at AFC they start out positive and saying the right things then get dragged down in time and end up a gibbering mess. In fact this has been the case just about every manager in last 17 years, which just so happens to be Milne's reign. Our club is a mess!!

Good post!

We shamble from one disaster to another and get managers out then new ones in and we have a few moments of hope before the new man gets poisoned/conned.

The crowds are falling due to the ecomonic problems we're all feeing to different degrees and to the spl being a two horse crock of sh*te but mostly they are falling because folk are now seeing through the bullshite that comes from the club time and time again.

If we only get two more outfield players in we're in for another season of despair!

The squad from last season required a massive upgrade to but its pretty clear its not going to happen.

K-9, I'm seriously thinking Brown will be here 2 years, maybe even slightly less - he'll create a squad and the manager will be picked 6 months before he leaves - and they will be in contact with one another and getting the team playing a style of football X manager coming in would prefer, so it's easy for the manager to take the side over, rather than rebuilding AGAIN.

Brown isn't obviously long term, and he knows himself he isn't - but I hope they think ahead and pick a new suitor before Brown retires rather than Brown retiring and Milne thinking 'oh f**k, we need a new manager' - and that manager having to rebuild rather than actually working with Brown for the last 6 months of his Aberdeen career.

Not convinced Brown or AFC for that matter are building for the future. Brown seems to want to go down the loans route which may benefit the club in short term but longer term we are back to bare bones when loans all finish e.g. the loanees from January all left in summer leaving us this short.

The club as a whole seem to have zero ambition at all bar to somehow get someone to pay for a new stadium to get built, sell PIttodrie and pay off (at least some of) our un-managable debt and have done for years.

When Calderwood left McGhee was left a shambles. When McGhee was binned he left Brown a shambles. 3rd time lucky? Doubtful.

You Think a left side of Foster / Milsom and a right side of Clark and Pawlett is going to be good enough?

I Hope brown doesnt.

Stoney - Foster had arguably his best ever season playing left back for us. I must admit I am not so sure how Milsom would get on at left mid but Clark has proved he can easily play right back and as for Pawlett well he is a cracking player and with injury behind him he could skin plenty of arses on the right wing i'm 100% sure of that (even Fyvie rates Pawlett more than himself as remember someone talking to him and he said "you think i'm good wait until you see Peter Pawlett")

Stoney - Foster had arguably his best ever season playing left back for us. I must admit I am not so sure how Milsom would get on at left mid but Clark has proved he can easily play right back and as for Pawlett well he is a cracking player and with injury behind him he could skin plenty of arses on the right wing i'm 100% sure of that (even Fyvie rates Pawlett more than himself as remember someone talking to him and he said "you think i'm good wait until you see Peter Pawlett")

Hope Pawlett gets back to even close to the player that burst onto the scene 2 years ago but last season inbetween injuries he looked a totally different player and not in a good way at all. At Brechin looked completely out of his depth physically and was eased off ball time and time again. Huge season for the loon and his development.

Time will tell but I cant wait for the new season . I just honestly dont see the doom and gloom . I think all is fairly positive . A previous poster indicated none of us believe Brown is the messiah here , but he is a very good experienced manager who knows what he is doing .

As for Mcghee slipping in to this debate , he got my full support when he was here but he failed .. badly . Mainly due to his own decisions and behaviour .

Brown has made 1 comment , which is just the truth . He follows up the comment about it not being his team by saying that it is his job to make the best of it .

Simple comment which has caused hysteria !

Maybe we should scrap all the managers, board members and players. The manager is obviously an idiot Just because he got Scotland into 3 international tournaments in a row, doesnt mean he should be coming to our club and making excuses for trivial matters months before the transfer window shuts. If our board arent going to kill the club by spending money we dont have, then whats the point in them being there as well. The players all seem to be sh*te and incompetent and anyone who dares consider joining the club must also be sh*te. Theyre all worse than everyone else in Scotland and play rubbish football compared to all those clubs that are below us in the league. The stadiums a hole and should be condemned, but not before we move to another one which is too expensive and too far away.

Yawn. Maybe some folk are making ridiculous points on here but at least they are making points unlike this complete pish.

Maybe we should scrap all the managers, board members and players. The manager is obviously an idiot Just because he got Scotland into 3 international tournaments in a row, doesnt mean he should be coming to our club and making excuses for trivial matters months before the transfer window shuts. If our board arent going to kill the club by spending money we dont have, then whats the point in them being there as well. The players all seem to be sh*te and incompetent and anyone who dares consider joining the club must also be sh*te. Theyre all worse than everyone else in Scotland and play rubbish football compared to all those clubs that are below us in the league. The stadiums a hole and should be condemned, but not before we move to another one which is too expensive and too far away.

Post of the week for me.

He's right: it isn't "his" team yet but that means f**k all. He's a manager so he needs to manage who he has while incrementally changing the team. That's it. End of story.

Absolutely spot on min.

right thats a few posts that have had to be removed because of constant bickering about irrelevant stuff. This is not what we want on this forum so if you must do it then keep it to a PM.

Fxcking hell.

Having seen the eens that remain, I'd be feart to look at the eens that were removed! :laughing:

Give Brown first round of games then you can the boot in. Mcghee was an abomination for Aberdeen anyone thinking otherwise needs their head read. However I think Archie Knox's contribution is being overlooked,Archie, for me is probably as important as Brown . Knox has done it all, Mcghee had Scott Leitch, I rest my case

Give Brown first round of games then you can the boot in. Mcghee was an abomination for Aberdeen anyone thinking otherwise needs their head read. However I think Archie Knox's contribution is being overlooked,Archie, for me is probably as important as Brown . Knox has done it all, Mcghee had Scott Leitch, I rest my case

we have the best, most experienced managers this club can ever hope to get.....if these boys fail. it tells us more about the club than ever before.