The Open Championship

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, thicko, read again. Have the balls to respond to the actual post, would you?

Are you denying my bets were good value at 380's, 750's and 1000/1?

Why do you not see that they were superb value?

You thought Donald was more than twenty times more likely to win the Open than Lawrie.

If i'm being honest i didn't fancy Lawrie in the slightest. If i had, i would have put the bet on myself. Never even put a bet on in the end, not even Donald.

Not gettin involved in this squabble here, but RS, it may have seemed good value but its been proven that it wasnt as its won you hee haw. As someone has said previously it can more or less be a lottery as to who wins the majors so I dont think there was a need in the reaction you gave, slating everyone elses bets. The majority of people bet purely for a bit of fun and to make the event that bitty more exciting. Then you come along and call them "clueless c**ts" or whatever it was because you dont agree. Just chill oot.

Course i have but he's still going on as though it was a great bet.

It was though, a golfer who plays best on a links course, has previous in winning this tournament and has been on good form of late, the odds were there to be snapped at.

The difference is Mini, when making a bet on golf only Rocket acts smug as f**k, shooting down others and always saying 'i'll double what the bookies offer' then says 'get this on and watch out for that'. He's a smug c**t when it comes to golf, the golf guru is what he thinks he is.

You know this yourself but you like to be seen as a contraversial figure on the forum so to stay in line with that, you disagree. However knowing you personally your viewpoint on this if we were to yap would be different :-).

Thing is though, history is there to back up Rocket, when he has screwed his nose up at others picks and given his reasons he's usually spot on and gotten it right.

Mini - see Dazzys post for reference.

I haven't seen one of Rockets picks win anything. We can all say 'oh he's sh*t, or clueless pick' but see above on Dazzys post. Perfectly summed up.

Rocket rarely tips people to actually win, he'll give suggestions as to those he thinks are good value, lawrie was great value in my opinion, with golf you can't tip anyone as this weekend has proved even the best (ranking wise) can fail to do it when it matters.

Rocket rarely tips people to actually win, he'll give suggestions as to those he thinks are good value, lawrie was great value in my opinion, with golf you can't tip anyone as this weekend has proved even the best (ranking wise) can fail to do it when it matters.

Yeh and thats fair enough...but the majority of us only bet small amounts to make it interesting.Then RS comes wading into the equation acting like a knob. If he wants to bet differently go ahead, but no need to rant and rave at everyone else.

No. My record is 100% correct on slagging other's stupid picks. Not once have I been wrong. This is what they hate.

No, it's the sheer arrogance and aggression of your posts. Like dazzy deff has just said, chill out a bit. Absolutely no need for the way you go about your business.

I would just like to say that your all wrong! My 75/1 for Clarke is proving to be an outstanding value bet.75/1 for a man who grew up playing links golf and has also bagged a title this season already. Also I think the later starters will get the better scores today.

If I'm wrong,feel free to chastise me in the typical AFC chat style. :P

I would just like to say that your all wrong! My 75/1 for Clarke is proving to be an outstanding value bet.75/1 for a man who grew up playing links golf and has also bagged a title this season already. Also I think the later starters will get the better scores today.

If I'm wrong,feel free to chastise me in the typical AFC chat style. :P

If it wins, then you have the right to ridicule all our bets haha. Hope it holds out for you...my bets are all gone more or less so Im rooting for Clarke now.

I see Paddy power are paying 7 places for each way bets, just having a look right now and think that Paul Lawrie at 150/1 could be a nae bad shout, solid enough rounds up at Castle Stuart, as for our right winner, very hard to predict, alot of home grown players on good form right now, Donald would be an obvious choice but personally don't think he will win it.

It wasn't your opinion, it was Rockets opinion that you copied.

Think for yourself rather than thinking what others think. Be your own person, not others.

Good one, you are clueless, away and bet on those with no real chance at sh*t odds, like McDowell and Goosen.

Point taken and as I said to dd, I am taking this advice.

If you notice, I don't lay into any poster with whom I don't agree. Only very stupid ones who constantly lie about me and others who pick an argument with me.

There's only a handful of you I tear in to and ALWAYS after previous provocation.

This is a great spectacle. Let's all enjoy it and you can spend all day hoping I was wrong about Bjorn then get your cheap thrill when I was.

Then we can move on. To be honest i'm all for a bit of debate about the subject. It just got out of hand that's all. We don't need to be so hostile towards each other.

I'll even admit to how wrong i was about Donald. Form player who's won 3 (i think) tournaments this year but golf's a funny old game. He flopped badly and i'm glad i never put anything on him in the end.

Remind me, did I get refunded. Oh....

Rocket, aye I'm sure he has major reservations about me, I'm sure he cares so much what I write on a forum rather than what I'm like in person. Go away back to Cornhill you mentalist.

P.S I'm round at the in laws this afternoon, I just know he's going to say to me 'Aye Roberto I'm having major reservations about how you post on a forum'.

I just know he's going to say that. We might also start living in the real world rather than fairytale forums.

Ask him how much I'd be for 4 alloys to get refurbished. They are A3 ones and in a bit of a state.

Clarkey still in the lead but already missed 3 x 3 footers, but his iron play has been stunning.

Anybody explain why we have a Yankey Doodle Dandy commentator this week on the British Broadcasting Corporation? What was wrong with Sam Torrance?

Same with 5Live and Talksport. Get's on my tits.

Clarke's putting has been pretty weak. Reckon the lad in the silly costume could be in with a shout.

Yes could well be, great score today when out in the worst of the weather. Quite a few Yanks right up there in conditions you wouldn't have thought suited them.

Mark James just came out with a belter. "I'm glad Jim Nantz has gone away as he was getting quite smug with all these Americans at the top end of the leaderboard."

Clarke's putting hasn't been great but he's still level for the day which is great going as other scores would testify.

Yay and nay. It was far, far harder earlier and he is in the last group. Don't think he'll win - missed his chances to take a great lead into tomorrow.

Then again, I know next to nothing about golf.