Death Penalty

barassie_afc

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Certain crime, i.e. rape, are very difficult to prove. Only times it would be possible is if the victim and the perpetrator hadn't know each other previously and it was say, in the middle of a park, as the woman was walking home! More offen than not, it's probably some tease who is leading a guy on, probably goes back to his then decides "nah lets just cuddle" and the guy thinks "eh, no". Not saying it's right, but those cases are MUCH harder to prove because she willingly went back with him. Also the case of women calling bluff because she either doesnt like the guy, or he's refused to do it with her. Either way, it's not foolproof.

Murder on the other hand, in this day and age, is almost 100% accurate when they capture someone. You have so many technologies, CCTV, forensics that they very seldom catch the wrong guy. Besides, 1 out of every 1000 is just collateral damage! Taking one for the team, as it were!

If there's even a tiny fraction of a risk of accidentally killing an innocent person (which there always will be), then it shouldn't be brought back.

I have always said i believe it should be brought back.

BUT....

theres always this doubt that someone COULD be innocent.

I will go with no, it should not.

I have always said i believe it should be brought back.

BUT....

theres always this doubt that someone COULD be innocent.

I will go with no, it should not.

I see what you mean, but if you only had the death penalty for murder and treason and designed a system with adequate protections

Nat Fraser would like to not have the death penalty since he's been stitched up like a kipper repeatedly over the mysterious disappearance of his wife.

Poor c**t would have been hung years ago if the rozzers had their way.

No i would'nt want the death penalty for single acts of murder. There would have to be multiple acts of premeditaded murder over a period of time. For example, candidates for my death penalty would be:

Peter Tobin

Harold Shipman (he knew to do the decent thing)

Ian Huntley

Levi Bellfield

That is all...

p.s. For what its worth i do think nat fraser has been stitched up. I hope he walks free from the big hoose.

No i would'nt want the death penalty for single acts of murder. There would have to be multiple acts of premeditaded murder over a period of time. For example, candidates for my death penalty would be:

Peter Tobin

Ian Huntley

Levi Bellfield

That is all...

p.s. For what its worth i do think nat fraser has been stitched up. I hope he walks.

he does

the death penalty and criminals human rights are pretty much common sesne as far as i can see.

serial killer. obvioulsy.

one of murdered. nah, probably not.

and for criminals from the petty thief to the ped, they most cetainly should not have any luxuries in the jug.

in fact i'd say bring back chain gangs.

the state of parks and roads in this country is a joke. criminals should beused to give something back to society, and unpaid labour would be a start.

also - why arent offshore rigs used as jials?

Peter Tobin

Ian Huntley

Levi Bellfield

That is all...

p.s. For what its worth i do think nat fraser has been stitched up. I hope he walks.

Controversial here I know but was Ian Huntley premeditated murder or was he after the child sex first and foremost?

A beast of a man make no mistake but there would be some length of appeal over his case if it was death for premeditated murder. Murder yes without a doubt but planned murder over a period of time?

There is no way on this earth can any sane judge find Nat Fraser guilty of murder now. The evidence is simply not there to prove beyond reasonable doubt that he did it or arranged it.

Shocking that he's being remanded in custody despite having the decision overturned and conviction quashed.

the death penalty and criminals human rights are pretty much common sesne as far as i can see.

serial killer. obvioulsy.

one of murdered. nah, probably not.

and for criminals from the petty thief to the ped, they most cetainly should not have any luxuries in the jug.

in fact i'd say bring back chain gangs.

the state of parks and roads in this country is a joke. criminals should beused to give something back to society, and unpaid labour would be a start.

also - why arent offshore rigs used as jials?

F**kin right - the next prison built in scotland should be HMP St. Kilda:

Nae luxuries nae nothing. The well behaved ones can do conservation work on the island and read books, and the badly behaved ones can crack rocks.

End of.

St_Kilda_Village_Bay.jpg

What about the 3 strikes rule?

I'd go for a ten strikes then ten years rule.

I'd guess half the folk in prison have been in loads of times before.

That would soon stop the c**ts.

Build more prisons, f**k the cost, we'd get most of it back in non claimed social, housing etc etc.

Money well spent if society is a better place with the same old scum locked up.

Controversial here I know but was Ian Huntley premeditated murder or was he after the child sex first and foremost?

A beast of a man make no mistake but there would be some length of appeal over his case if it was death for premeditated murder. Murder yes without a doubt but planned murder over a period of time?

There is no way on this earth can any sane judge find Nat Fraser guilty of murder now. The evidence is simply not there to prove beyond reasonable doubt that he did it or arranged it.

Shocking that he's being remanded in custody despite having the decision overturned and conviction quashed.

Yeh, difficult one with Huntly i know - it depends how we define pre-meditation i suppose. Maybe hunlty should'nt be on the list... Im gonna think about that one and get back to you.

As for your comments about nat fraser, it is not possible for me to agree with you more. Im in edinburgh quite regularly, hopefully i might get to catch some of his re-trial - see how things are goin for him (i was too young the first time round).

:dontknow:

No civilised country (or website for that matter) should be looking to bring back the death penalty.

This is always the default position of anyone opposed to the death penalty. If you can explain to me why the organised death of a person, who

i) Has commited multiple crimes against other human beings

ii) Has been given an oppertunity to correct and modify their behaviour and help to prevent reoffending

iii) Poses a dissproportionate financial and emotional burden on society

is incompatable with the principles of a civilised society, i will gladly adapt my current position?