Sportsound, Jimmy Says

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can only speak for my supporters club, but a lot of our members stopped going to the football because of Jimmy Calderwood brand of negative football.

Your supporters club must be on suicide watch...if they thought Tango was negative...hide anything sharp as Brooner is the most negative/boring/predictable cu*t in the history of Scottish football

Your supporters club must be on suicide watch...if they thought Tango was negative...hide anything sharp as Brooner is the most negative/boring/predictable cu*t in the history of Scottish football

Not sure if Tango was more positive than Brown. I remember a St Mirren game when we man-marked one of their players - we did win 1-0 but one of the worst games i've watched and that was the week after we played Gretna in another shocker. The away games under Jimmy Calderwood was pretty brutal to be honest

Brown is a bit negative too but he really doesn't have the players that Jimmy had, that is because Jimmy had money to spend and also the standard of scottish football is a fair bit worse imho.

Just hope Brown can get results soon, i don't care how negative/rubbish performance it is - 3 points is the most important thing at the moment.

Not sure if Tango was more positive than Brown. I remember a St Mirren game when we man-marked one of their players - we did win 1-0 but one of the worst games i've watched and that was the week after we played Gretna in another shocker. The away games under Jimmy Calderwood was pretty brutal to be honest

Brown is a bit negative too but he really doesn't have the players that Jimmy had, that is because Jimmy had money to spend and also the standard of scottish football is a fair bit worse imho.

Just hope Brown can get results at the moment and i don't care how negative it is as 3 points is the most important thing at the moment.

I'd happily see us man mark someone at St Mirren and win one nil right now :laughing:

Just hope Brown can get results soon, i don't care how negative/rubbish performance it is because 3 points is the most important thing at the moment.

Agreed...but by all accounts he set up for a 0-0 draw at Fir Park at the weekend...which is unacceptable tactics

GWT...GTF!!

Agreed...but by all accounts he set up for a 0-0 draw at Fir Park at the weekend...which is unacceptable tactics

GWT...GTF!!

I was there and he set up with 4-4-2 so i don't think he set us up for a 0-0, we was pushing near the end to get a goal until the foster mistake - we didn't create a thing though. If you want to speak about unacceptable tactics then point to hibs match when we played 1 upfront against a poor hibs defence.

• Admin

BBC: Jimmy Calderwood feels former club Aberdeen have struggled to replace the experienced professionals that have followed him out of Pittodrie.

"Zander Diamond left, Derek Young knew what Aberdeen was about, Mark Kerr, Gary McDonald - all good pros who know what's needed to win a football game.

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Just had a look, our last captain fantastic, mark kerr has managed 11 games in two seasons in Greece. With the majority of those 11 as late substitutes.

BBC: Jimmy Calderwood feels former club Aberdeen have struggled to replace the experienced professionals that have followed him out of Pittodrie.

"Zander Diamond left, Derek Young knew what Aberdeen was about, Mark Kerr, Gary McDonald - all good pros who know what's needed to win a football game.

Just had a look, our last captain fantastic, mark kerr has managed 11 games in two seasons in Greece. With the majority of those 11 as late substitutes.

Oh my head :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

And there folks is the proof that JC lost the plot.

Brown's detractors can say what they want, but if he had the team Calderwood produced average results with, we would be in the Top 4 right now. He achieved that with Motherwell with far less than Calderwood had to work with.

I don't dispute that he has a severely imbalanced team/squad and has made mistakes, but he is the most successful Manager Scotland ever had (at Youth AND full International level, with a squad of players far less talented than his predecessors and not that much better than Levein has at his disposal now) and worked well with Billy Davies behind the scenes at Derby. In short, not all Managers we've sacrificed at the Pittodrie altar have been crap Managers. People also seem to forget what Knox has achieved in his time.

Thus far, I have yet to see a better/more viable candidate to replace Brown and Knox. The person who said Paul Ince must have been joking, surely? A thicko (a Black John Hughes?) so out of his depth, it's unreal. Also, those who cite Billy Davies are as short-sighted as those they deride for placing faith in Grandpa Broon. After all, Davies (if he were to even take the job!) would be off like a shot, at the first sniff of a job in the Championship...

If Billy Davies was Aberdeen manager and was enticed back down south I'd take that as to me it would mean he must have been doing something correct at Pittodrie.

Nae really no. His reputation in England is of a good manager, at Championship level, who is difficult to work with. That alone would get teams knocking never mind how he was doing with us at the time.

Canna wait to see MT defend this. :popcorn:

Dear god why did he list those players!? He has definitely lost it... Gary Mac could barely get a game for Hamilton last season and I don't think anyone has even signed Derek Young yet