Photos That Shook The World

Moorie86

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dachau_pile_of_bodies.jpg

This isnt the photo, but quite close to one i seen when we went to Dachau.

Quite a surreal experience being there

I went to Dachau too and it was a very emotional experience. Visiting one of the concentration camps is a MUST for anybody. How anyone can deny the holocaust is beyond me having seen what we saw there in 2008.

I went to Dachau too and it was a very emotional experience. Visiting one of the concentration camps is a MUST for anybody. How anyone can deny the holocaust is beyond me having seen what we saw there in 2008.

I went to Dachau last year, was a cold eerie foggy day. Apparently when the Yanks liberated the camp they were so shocked at what they saw they lined the Nazi guards up against the wall and shot them all.

I remember seeing loads of pictures like this in THE SUN, the day after it happened.

The day after that, THE SUN reported how the Scousers had robbed the dead people etc.

Shame on THE SUN.

Aye but what do you expect from a cunt like Kelvin MacKenzie though? Cunt of the highest order :angry2:

I remember seeing loads of pictures like this in THE SUN, the day after it happened.

The day after that, THE SUN reported how the Scousers had robbed the dead people etc.

Shame on THE SUN.

For goodness sake.

Dont suppose you have any of these reports?

For goodness sake.

Dont suppose you have any of these reports?

It's been well documented, this is from Wiki:

On the Wednesday following the disaster, Kelvin MacKenzie, then editor of The Sun, a British tabloid newspaper with national distribution owned by Rupert Murdoch, used the front page headline "THE TRUTH", with three sub-headlines: "Some fans picked pockets of victims", "Some fans urinated on the brave cops" and "Some fans beat up PC giving kiss of life".

The controversial front page of the Sun.

The newspaper cited the words of unnamed police sources and a Conservative MP for information relating to the alleged incidents.[51]

The story accompanying these headlines claimed that "drunken Liverpool fans viciously attacked rescue workers as they tried to revive victims" and "police officers, firemen and ambulance crew were punched, kicked and urinated upon". A quotation, attributed to an unnamed policeman, claimed a dead girl had been "abused", and that Liverpool fans were "openly urinating on us and the bodies of the dead". These allegations contradicted the reported behaviour of many Liverpool fans, who actively helped the security personnel to stretcher away a large number of victims and gave first aid to many injured.[52]

In their history of The Sun, Peter Chippendale and Chris Horrie wrote:

As MacKenzie's layout was seen by more and more people, a collective shudder ran through the office (but) MacKenzie's dominance was so total there was nobody left in the organisation who could rein him in except Murdoch. (Everyone in the office) seemed paralysed

thats a horrendous picture. remember that day like it was yesterday - my old man picked me up from my football and was listening to the radio for the updates - just remember him saying "this is terrible" over and over again.

What gets me about that pic is, when you look at the folk further back, they are quite non-plussed, like any normal fan at a game just waiting for the game to kick off... Then you look at the foreground of the pic, with kids having their life crushed out of them. Absolutely horrific.

true

makes you wonder how you could be crushed in that situation though

if it was me, id use my rage to lift myself up using the fence!?

They had nowhere to go though that was the problem. The world's second strongest man (after yourself of course) couldn't lift himself out of that weight pushing on him. :ThumbsDown:

They had nowhere to go though that was the problem. The world's second strongest man (after yourself of course) couldn't lift himself out of that weight pushing on him. :ThumbsDown:

Thing is, folk not even that far back look totally oblivious to it (lad in red sun hat).

i didnt mean that as a joke!!

you trying to say if your life was in danger you couldnt summon the strength to pull yourself up, by grabbing onto that fence?

I kind of agree with you. I'm sure many folk did get out that way. Surely you could pull yourself up on top of the crowd too. Desperate times and all that...

you trying to say if your life was in danger you couldnt summon the strength to pull yourself up, by grabbing onto that fence?

Clearly not. Some of those were kids as well.

We are talking about 100s of people pushing against you, each one weighing in around 65-80kg each, you'd be panicking and you would probably be just trying to breath, let alone think about climbing ontop of the crowd.

Everyone looks at a situation and thinks "I'd have done that differently" but until you are actually there you don't know how you and your body would react.

I know you didn't mean it as a joke. :thumbs:

I'd give it a right good go. Look at the guy bottom left with the grey jacket though. Look at the forces he's under.

It's an incredible weight being forced on him and trying to get out of that position would require some super human effort.

Horrible picture and it's unimaginable to think what they must have been thinking.

true, cant argue with it

but if that ever happens, ill be fine

Also, I don't deny that people will be climbing out to safety and be fine, BUT that would mean the people who were next to or behind them will be getting pushed into the space that was left. They will be fucked because they are being crushed from behind, having people clambering over the top of the (feet kicking and stomping on them from above) and a massive fence cutting into them.

What gets me about that pic is, when you look at the folk further back, they are quite non-plussed, like any normal fan at a game just waiting for the game to kick off... Then you look at the foreground of the pic, with kids having their life crushed out of them. Absolutely horrific.

yeah, thats what got me. The boy in the red hat that someone else has mentioned looks like hes just following the game, but a few people along and only a couple in front are struggling for their lives.

Think about when you are at a gig and the crowd pulls you along, it's pretty much impossible to go against it. This is the same thing only everyone pushing in one direction against a wall and a fence. I'd say in that situation, though possible to escape it would be very difficult.