Highlights Are Up

How the fk did the ref & linesman miss that blatant hand ball for their first??????

Craig Brown should be changing his bloody "never slate referees" stance, maybe then they'd start to consider doing their job a little better if the likes of Brown is getting bans because of them.

Great ball (although plenty time & space) by Fyvie for the second.

Nobody interfering with play for the offside that should have bee a corner (that i can see)

Second pen claim was probably best one but hard to see the trip.

The foul for their freekick goal WAS a foul. A stupid & blatant push, I don't know why anyone can say it's a soft foul. It was a STUPID push & a clear foul that should never have happened

How the fk did the ref & linesman miss that blatant hand ball for their first??????

Craig Brown should be changing his bloody "never slate referees" stance, maybe then they'd start to consider doing their job a little better if the likes of Brown is getting bans because of them.

I didn't notice it at the time but what a blatant use the arm to control the ball! Very poor performance by the ref and his officials.

I didn't notice it at the time but what a blatant use the arm to control the ball! Very poor performance by the ref and his officials.

Obviously I wasn't there but I find it amazing that that blatant a hand ball can be missed but like you say if you missed it then maybe it wasn't so obvious at the game. Suppose it depends on your view of it. but for BOTH ref & linesman to miss it :dontknow:

Cracking finish from vernon

Mawene's attempt to get the ball at their 1st was very poor, handball for their first too.

Clumsy foul from Osbourns for their 2nd goal.

Highlights make it look like we were hard done by yesterday.

Was a great controlled finish. He is a decent striker & will score with the proper service. He doesn't deserve some of the stick he gets.

Chris fkn Clark & Darren Mackie however certainly do :laughing:

Clear handball for St Mirren first. Two good goals for us, still not sure what Brown was doing for St Mirrens 2nd. Great strike but poor keeping.

Should have had a couple of penalties definately. Vernon looked soft at the time but seen them given definately considering the rangers penalty yesterday that was given.

Fuck me that handball for their 1st goal was worse than Van Der Vaart's against Arsenal this season, ridiculous decision to not penalise that. Shocking mistake by Brown for their 2nd goal, what was he thinking?

Going by that we had the chances to kill off the game but same old story not taking them.

Superb finish from vernon, that's what happens when you create chances, Fallon took his goal well, great ball in. As for the pens, well if the ref isn't giving them but is giving freekicks for the 'foul' that got them their freekick for the goal then the pens should be given regardless, I agree with you FnD but that is where the lack of consistency from refs comes in to play,, by all accounts he had an awful game.

Two great goals, Vernon's definitely a pen, not sure about Fallon's (how he lasted 80 minutes is anyones guess as he was truly, truly honking) and Chalali's pen shouts, blatant hand ball for their first and a terrible misjudgement by Brown for their second, redeemed himself somewhat with his stop from Thomson.

Peter Pawlett HAS to be given an opportunity from the start on Tuesday.

Two great goals, Vernon's definitely a pen, not sure about Fallon's (how he lasted 80 minutes is anyones guess as he was truly, truly honking) and Chalali's pen shouts, blatant hand ball for their first and a terrible misjudgement by Brown for their second, redeemed himself somewhat with his stop from Thomson.

Peter Pawlett HAS to be given an opportunity from the start on Tuesday.

Surely that would mean setting up a more positive team though ollie? :rolleyes:

Been looking at it again & again trying to justify how the ref & linesman can miss that hand ball...

Linesman maybe gets blocked view by Considine but ref should have seen that (even though he was behind it) cos the St Midden player actually changes his body position to get to the ball with his arm.

Biggest crime in that decision is probably the fact that NONE (except Brown) of the players are shouting for it soon enough, if at all. Bloody criminal that.

Pen claims probably ALL could have been pens but I'd settle for just bloody one of them.

The second is a trip cos he's prevented from putting his leading foot forward (again not enough protesting from players)

Chalali had a high foot & got away with it but was basically bundled down & not allowed to move but actually went down too late & after the original foul had finished.

Surely that would mean setting up a more positive team though ollie? :rolleyes:

Nae really, the team was set up positively enough yesterday, as shown by the first 20 minutes. Problems arose from nerves and St Mirren adapting. Biggest issue for me yesterday was when it was obvious the game was passing us by much of the second half, changes weren't made earlier. Fyvie was regularly missing on the right, so there should have been a change there. Arnason was barely involved in the game second half and looked like he wasn't match-fit. Easy solution, Fyvie in one, Pawlett on. Fallon and Vernon completely fell out of the game and weren't moving enough. One, probably Fallon, should have been off about 60-65 for Chalali or Magennis, to offer a bit more movement up top.

So, positivity wasn't so much an issue yesterday, it was just failing to make changes to where we were starting to lose the game. Fyvie's suspension will hopefully make it an easy choice come Tuesday though, Pawlett has to come on his place...

utter piss take from those highlights.

cracking goal for vernon. great delivery from fyvie for the 2nd.

great freekick from them to be fair quite how we havent had at least 1 penalty is a mystery. surely after 1 appeal they have it registered so even if the 2nd appeal is soft, they are more likely to give it....so how have we had 3 decent appeals turned down!?!?!?!

refs are protected far too much nowadays. if players and managers are called to justify why they do x y and z...why should the refs get away with it

In England cunts like that get demoted and dont ref in the top league for a while.

Does that happen here?

If not, why not?

Our refs are too fucking precious and go on strike if the bad boys shout at them.

Their first goal was as blatant a handball as you will see. He controlled the ball with his arm FFS!!!!

Our first shout for a pen is a stonewaller.

The second one I'm not sure even after a replay so the ref can be excused for that one.

For the Chalali one, he was bundled to the ground but not many of them are given....only at Iprix or Blackhead maybe

But their first goal and our first appeal for a penalty were no brainers.

Relegate the cunt to the lower leagues for 2 weeks

Finnie? Fucking Fannie more like

Nae really, the team was set up positively enough yesterday, as shown by the first 20 minutes. Problems arose from nerves and St Mirren adapting. Biggest issue for me yesterday was when it was obvious the game was passing us by much of the second half, changes weren't made earlier. Fyvie was regularly missing on the right, so there should have been a change there. Arnason was barely involved in the game second half and looked like he wasn't match-fit. Easy solution, Fyvie in one, Pawlett on. Fallon and Vernon completely fell out of the game and weren't moving enough. One, probably Fallon, should have been off about 60-65 for Chalali or Magennis, to offer a bit more movement up top.

So, positivity wasn't so much an issue yesterday, it was just failing to make changes to where we were starting to lose the game. Fyvie's suspension will hopefully make it an easy choice come Tuesday though, Pawlett has to come on his place...

I agree with your last sentence...but this is Brown we are talking about.

Thats far too attack minded for him

Clark will probably play.

I agree with your last sentence...but this is Brown we are talking about.

Thats far too attack minded for him

Clark will probably play.

I am never too sure on this attack minded complaint about Brown, there is the occasional game where he has played a bit too reservedly, but at the same time he gets criticised for putting out decent line-ups at times suited for the game (the home against Rangers being my first thought, before Milsom went off, was working very well, but he got criticised for not having an attacking enough line up).

Anyhoo, if Clark does start before Pawlett on Tuesday, that will be another step edging towards anti-Brown for me. Pawlett proved yesterday that he offers an attacking threat like no other in our team, and to me made a point to Brown that he should be getting more game time. He should have been on 20 minutes earlier. Clark offers next to nothing and we need a couple of wins just now to get up the table, not to avoid defeat...

I am never too sure on this attack minded complaint about Brown, there is the occasional game where he has played a bit too reservedly, but at the same time he gets criticised for putting out decent line-ups at times suited for the game (the home against Rangers being my first thought, before Milsom went off, was working very well, but he got criticised for not having an attacking enough line up).

Anyhoo, if Clark does start before Pawlett on Tuesday, that will be another step edging towards anti-Brown for me. Pawlett proved yesterday that he offers an attacking threat like no other in our team, and to me made a point to Brown that he should be getting more game time. He should have been on 20 minutes earlier. Clark offers next to nothing and we need a couple of wins just now to get up the table, not to avoid defeat...

Problem is though that Craigy boy's first priority (normally) is not to lose or concede then to go out in search of a sneak lead rather than seek to take lead early & keep looking for BIGGER lead.

He will start Clark before Pawlett most likely for this reason & I will be very surprised if he starts Pawlett ahead of Clark but then going by percentages I suppose he has to surprise us sometime :dontknow:

Great ball (although plenty time & space) by Fyvie for the second.

Nobody interfering with play for the offside that should have bee a corner (that i can see)

Second pen claim was probably best one but hard to see the trip.

The foul for their freekick goal WAS a foul. A stupid & blatant push, I don't know why anyone can say it's a soft foul. It was a STUPID push & a clear foul that should never have happened

Was it handball? Not a single player appealed either, maybe it was just the camera angle that made it look that way, even Brown, looking straight at it, didn't appeal?

First pen looked a stone waller to me too?

Was it handball? Not a single player appealed either, maybe it was just the camera angle that made it look that way, even Brown, looking straight at it, didn't appeal?

C'mon RUL min, the auld duffer canna see that far at his age.

He was probably getting sucked off by tup at the time anyway

Either that or he was counting the saves our keeper never had to make!.......like St Mirren's equaliser when someone mysteriously glued his arms to his side.

oh right, you were talking about Jason Brown!!

Great finish by Vernon.

Great ball from Fyvie for the second.

Definite handball for their first goal.

Penalty shout for the shove on Vernon would normally be given.

WTF was Brown up to for their second? Use hands, ya clown's foreskin.

Fyvie's frustration with the officials understandable, but shouldn't really be getting himself sent-off for that.

That is all.

He will start Clark before Pawlett most likely for this reason & I will be very surprised if he starts Pawlett ahead of Clark but then going by percentages I suppose he has to surprise us sometime :dontknow:

A huge problem we have in my opinion is that our midfield 4 are all very very similar in that they are decent players but none of them can attack with pace when the play has been broken up. Pawlett is the only player we have capable of it. He has to play.

A huge problem we have in my opinion is that our midfield 4 are all very very similar in that they are decent players but none of them can attack with pace when the play has been broken up. Pawlett is the only player we have capable of it. He has to play.

Don't worry he'll get a two minute run out at the end - mebbe a wee bit earlier if we're getting beaten by 2.