Craig Storie

Minimum age for SPL players is 17, we were going to give Cammy Smith a game against St Johnstone at the start of the season but dropped out due to age last second

That is not true. Minimum age is 16. Cammy Smith turned 16 after the St Johnstone game so was *15* at the time and was ineligible.

Fyvie and Grimmer both played aged 16.

In England, it's a bit different and they can't sign Pro til 17, here is it 16. In England you can play younger as a non Pro, and Scott Sinclair I remember played for Bristol Rovers at 15.

That is not true. Minimum age is 16. Cammy Smith turned 16 after the St Johnstone game so was *15* at the time and was ineligible.

Fyvie and Grimmer both played aged 16.

In England, it's a bit different and they can't sign Pro til 17, here is it 16. In England you can play younger as a non Pro, and Scott Sinclair I remember played for Bristol Rovers at 15.

Shite.

Thon boy that's kept Maguire out of the Derby squad was/is 15

Shite.

Thon boy that's kept Maguire out of the Derby squad was/is 15

Did you read what I said?

"Can't *SIGN* Pro"

You can play at a younger age in England but cannot get a paid wage.

The boy Islam that Celtic lost to Chelsea has had to sign a scholarship as he cannot sign Pro til 17. He could have signed Pro for Celtic when he turned 16 back in September but decided against.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/celtic/269889-islam-feruz-leaves-celtic-for-chelsea/

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/blogs/football-spy/Chelsea-transfer-Ulises-Davila-what-the-fans-can-expect-by-Joe-Krishnan-article798531.html

After agreeing to to pay Celtic £250,000 for Feruz, Chelsea have reportedly offered him a £2,500-a-week deal - although he will be on a much smaller wage for the time being as FA rules prevent players signing a professional deal until they are 17. It is believed Feruz will join up with the Academy until he is 18, before going out on loan to one of Chelsea's feeder clubs.

I'd start him. Drop Arnason.

Commitment to the cause is what's required and this lad has it by the bucketload.

Good grief!

Aye good idea lump in an inexperienced 16 year old for prob our best player all season! Yeah maybe give Storie a go when we know mathematically we are safe from relegation or we know this is the best we can expect this season so lets give the young loons a run out. Not in the middle of the season in games where its imperative we pick up points.

:sherlock:

:sheepdance:

Arnason was utterly shocking in the 2nd half and clearly is looking to leave before the end of the window.

Arneson was the worst player in red today and Clark :blink: (never thought I'd admit it)and Jack were the best for us.

Fyvie started brightly, but faded.

Storie get stripped, yer on. :trophy:

If he's as good as folk are saying then it's a pity he only signed for 2 years.

Maybe gets a few run outs this season & maybe a good few more next season & if he turns out to be really good & gets a loads of appearances next season, then he's gone for basically compo money AGAIN.

16 year old (& if he's got serious potential) & we can only sign him til he's 18 :spanner:

4 year deal with first 2 years on the money we have now agreed but with a clause in it that IF we want to keep him after the 2 years, then we have to increse his wage to a level on a par with other first teamers of decent level otherwise he's free to talk to other clubs :dontknow: that way we're covered if any club wants him cos he's been great & if we don't think he's good enough after the 2 years to deserve a rise in wage to that level then he either stays on current cash, or takes his chances on market.

I think it's great he's chosen to stay with us but it seems he's stayed (for the short term) cos he can get decent (for his age) cash now compared to in England.

We basically cannot win from that deal. If he's any good we lose him for fk all or peanuts & if he's poor we just waste 2 years wage (however small) on a player we cannot use.

TWO years`??????? :soapbox:

Aye, cause thon boy Rooney was an amateur fan he lashed een intae the top corner for the toffee's against Arsenal at 16.

A player in England cannot sign as a Professional until they've turned 17. They get a living allowance from when they leave school until 17.

Rooney signed his first professional contract on 17th January 2003, having previously been on £80 a week. He *was* on £80 a week when he scored against Arsenal - he was 16 years and 360 days old then (Oct 2002) but didn't sign Pro for another 3 months.

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/everton/3968/snapshot_classi.html

Rooney after signing Pro for Everton aged 17.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1251498/Wayne-Rooney-exploited-Proactive-16-year-old-PFA-chief-Gordon-Taylor-gives-evidence-Manchester-United-stars-court-hearing.html

If he's as good as folk are saying then it's a pity he only signed for 2 years.

Maybe gets a few run outs this season & maybe a good few more next season & if he turns out to be really good & gets a loads of appearances next season, then he's gone for basically compo money AGAIN.

16 year old (& if he's got serious potential) & we can only sign him til he's 18 :spanner:

4 year deal with first 2 years on the money we have now agreed but with a clause in it that IF we want to keep him after the 2 years, then we have to increse his wage to a level on a par with other first teamers of decent level otherwise he's free to talk to other clubs :dontknow: that way we're covered if any club wants him cos he's been great & if we don't think he's good enough after the 2 years to deserve a rise in wage to that level then he either stays on current cash, or takes his chances on market.

I think it's great he's chosen to stay with us but it seems he's stayed (for the short term) cos he can get decent (for his age) cash now compared to in England.

We basically cannot win from that deal. If he's any good we lose him for fk all or peanuts & if he's poor we just waste 2 years wage (however small) on a player we cannot use.

TWO years`??????? :soapbox:

I said it in the Grimmer thread but may be wrong but I think 2 years is the max deal for your first pro contract.

I said it in the Grimmer thread but may be wrong but I think 2 years is the max deal for your first pro contract.

Only allowed a 2 year contract under the age of 18, which is probably one of the worst rules about

Not so sure about that. Did Fyvie not sign a three year deal under the age of 18?

But that would have been his second contract as he must have already had one when he first broke into the team

bobo may be right tho with the rule being the first pro contract having a max term.

Pretty sure Fyvie signed a three year deal under the age of eighteen

Not so sure about that. Did Fyvie not sign a three year deal under the age of 18?

But that would have been his second contract as he must have already had one when he first broke into the team

bobo may be right tho with the rule being the first pro contract having a max term.

"The registration of a player, who is under 18 years of age at the date of signing a Non-Recreational Contract Player Registration Form may be for a period not exceeding 3 years. Any clause referring to a longer duration within the relative agreement between the player and the club shall not be recognised and the player

Sure Fyvie signed for us on a two year deal. That was when he turned down Chelsea and Spurs but not sure when his contract extension after that was signed.

Ollie, digressing slightly.... We all know your link to the youth set-up - do you know this lad, or have you seen him play much?

I haven't seen him all too often to be honest. A handful of games at most. Central midfield, good on the ball and plays at pace with his head up. My pal was his coach for two years at the younger age groups. He swears he has the tools to go far, if he wants it.

There's a young loon, roughly the same age who as as much, if not more potential, Scott Ferries, who I have seen a bit of, and I think you'll be hearing more of his name in the future.

I haven't seen him all too often to be honest. A handful of games at most. Central midfield, good on the ball and plays at pace with his head up. My pal was his coach for two years at the younger age groups. He swears he has the tools to go far, if he wants it.

There's a young loon, roughly the same age who as as much, if not more potential, Scott Ferries, who I have seen a bit of, and I think you'll be hearing more of his name in the future.

Care for a flutter?

sock-puppet.jpg

Sure Fyvie signed for us on a two year deal. That was when he turned down Chelsea and Spurs but not sure when his contract extension after that was signed.

Don't think so. I'm pretty sure it was a three year deal.

I (think)I remember he signed a new deal on higher wage (obiously)

He had 6 months to go & we were all worrying that he was rumoured to be of interest to the huns & folk were on here saying his dad's a hun etc. (as usual)

Ended up signing for three years, as he's currently got a year & a half to run & was out for pretty much all last season after him finishing the season before quite strongly (after signing the new deal).

Last season out, this season & not ot of contract in Summer so must have been a three year deal surely?

Was Barca & Cove he turned down BTW