Dundee Utd - Dundee Moscow 2-2

Excuses? Didn't realise pointing out the fact Dynamo are massively more resourced was excusing them as such.

Fact is teams with more money are generally built with better players, bigger squads, better facilities and most likely better coaching. Ergo they have all the advantages and can make a financially smaller team look silly.

Sure sometimes smaller teams can overcome this but they can't do it all the time unfortunately.

I'm not the slightest bothered if people think they were embarassed or not - i didn't follow the game or anything about it, just mentioning that Dynamo were on a different plane financially thats all.

Kelts comments about small team beating Real Madrid etc is true but then when we beat Real Madrid we didn't get to that level overnight. We took our share of punishments in Europe in preceeding seasons and learned from that. We started to take the scalps of established teams over time, building our confidence and improving our style of play. So yes its great when small clubs can do this but it can take time for that to happen.

Anyway, Tommy has entirely the correct idea. Who give a shit really.

pretty much agree with that but i'd say the problem goes deeper in scotland than money.

somehwo we dont produce good players at all anymore.

the scottish game has never have been able to comptete financially with english and foreign structures. however we did produce players and sometimes teams capable of matching them.

i think the passion and determination to succeeed as a footballer from scotland has gone.

im not surprised in the slightest though. there isnt a desirable league system in place to aspire to.

• Upvote 1

Even taking into consideration the money side of things, 5-0 is a pumping!

What was the Celtic score when they played there last season, to put it into perspective? Celtic won didn't they? 2-0.

Anyway, people thought Dnipro would pump us, as they did Hibs a few season before....

Ergo, United must have played shite.

#logic.

;)

United got above themselves, simple as that.

They were talking about winning yesterday which is monumentally fucking stupid.

They, in football parlance, wrote the Dinamo team talk for them.

In addition Dinamo sacked their manager at the weekend and that always gets a reaction from lazy, inept footballers who are playing within themselves.

It's not that surprising a defeat.

Personally I'm delighted with it. I'm growing tired of the media in Scotland blowing smoke from United's arses, as if 2nd place is a given.

We have a much better team than they do and we're going to leave them standing this season.

United got above themselves, simple as that.

They were talking about winning yesterday which is monumentally fucking stupid.

They, in football parlance, wrote the Dinamo team talk for them.

In addition Dinamo sacked their manager at the weekend and that always gets a reaction from lazy, inept footballers who are playing within themselves.

It's not that surprising a defeat.

Personally I'm delighted with it. I'm growing tired of the media in Scotland blowing smoke from United's arses, as if 2nd place is a given.

We have a much better team than they do and we're going to leave them standing this season.

Oh well thats us fucked , Jonah has spoken

I'm also sick of hearing all this pish about how the Olympics has brought the country together etc etc.

Has it fuck!

From what I've seen it's the usual elitist pish, it may have got posh fuckers on the commuter trains from Hemel Hempstead speaking to each other but it disna make a blind bit of fucking difference to my life.

Sooner it's over the fucking better.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm also sick of fucking hearing the media saying 'just as well Celtic won' as if it somehow benefits Scotland.

Fuck Celtic!

They dinna even want to be Scottish and I detest the bastards.

I hope they get knocked the fuck out in the next round.

honestly?

jeez, i never realised.

Excuses? Didn't realise pointing out the fact Dynamo are massively more resourced was excusing them as such.

Anyway, Tommy has entirely the correct idea. Who give a shit really.

1. Well, that's the wie it looked. To a cynical auld cunt.

2. Correct

Even taking into consideration the money side of things, 5-0 is a pumping!

What was the Celtic score when they played there last season, to put it into perspective? Celtic won didn't they? 2-0.

Anyway, people thought Dnipro would pump us, as they did Hibs a few season before....

Ergo, United must have played shite.

#logic.

;)

Exactly.

They were horsed by a team who canna score and are in a shit run of form.

Any ridicule of them (not that we're like that, and I've not seen any) would be fully appropriate and 100% deserved.

Fuck them.

We'll give them 5 this season as well.

pretty much agree with that but i'd say the problem goes deeper in scotland than money.

somehwo we dont produce good players at all anymore.

the scottish game has never have been able to comptete financially with english and foreign structures. however we did produce players and sometimes teams capable of matching them.

i think the passion and determination to succeeed as a footballer from scotland has gone.

im not surprised in the slightest though. there isnt a desirable league system in place to aspire to.

Bluto, I agree the problem with Scottish Football isn't only money, but I don't think this thread is really going into that - was merely about how pish Utd were.

Seems the consensus is Moscow are not that good therefore Utd were embarassed which is fair enough.

I'm also sick of hearing all this pish about how the Olympics has brought the country together etc etc.

Has it fuck!

From what I've seen it's the usual elitist pish, it may have got posh fuckers on the commuter trains from Hemel Hempstead speaking to each other but it disna make a blind bit of fucking difference to my life.

Sooner it's over the fucking better.

Miserable cunt.

So you weren't please to see the likes of Chris Hoy win a gold medal and become the most successful Olympic athlete from Britain?

Parochial prick.

:laughing:

Even our useless bunch of arses from last season beat this mob regularly.

They're rubbish.

Watched the first game with 2-2. How they manage to only get a draw was amazing. The attacking football they have played is something i've never seen Aberdeen play for quite a few years now. They was playing a side that have spent millions on the team yet the front 3 of Dundee United was causing them so much problems. United did look shakey at the back though during the game but no surprise considering the level they was playing.

if Aberdeen played the attacking football United have played in the last lot of years then our crowds wouldn't be as low as they are today.