Are You For/against Gayism

caledonia

33 members have voted

1. 1. Are you for/against gayism

• FOR
    • AGAINST
    • NEITHER
    • SOME OF THE THINGS LISTED

Caledonia, I don't know how old you are but say you have kids one day and one turns to you and says they're gay, what will you do?

Jesus just live your life the best you can, that's a hard enough journey without hating other people into the bargain, I suspect you're pretty young but believe me things don't get any easier, just take care of yourself and let others do what they want, that's my advice mate, and I'm getting on a bit now.

here we go again if you do not agree with the gayers you are either bigoted or asked how old you are.

well i would say i am older than you but what the hell has age got to do with if you think Gayism is right or wrong

and as for the argument that if your friend/son turns out to be gay what will you do you could use this same argument for being a hun or a murderer or a pedo same question what would you do.

I never said I don't understand why they exist. I know exactly why they exist and I see no point in it now. If you are happy to live in the past then so be it.

I think you need to brush up on your grammar before telling me what to read!

Some of the attitudes on this thread should make it quite clear why there is still a point to them. No?

Maybe when as many folk get battered for being straight as there are for being gay, or as many get stabbed for being white as being black, or a woman will automatically earn the same as a guy for doing the same job then we'll be due a white hetro pride day. Its not that day yet, but if you're really keen i don't think you'll find many coons, chicks or poofs involved in your average Orange march, or EDL rally - so have at it.

The reason there are "black" and "women" and "gay" parades and festivals is mainly because they were excluded from large parts of everyday western life for the majority of human history, so had no choice but to go their own way. Even if they were involved in white, male activities it was pure tokenism, a joke, or often just pure slavery. 30 odd years of near (but in no way complete) equality doesn't even come close to making up for it.

If you think life is as easy for the minority now as it is for the majority then you must lead an unbelievably sheltered life.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Acton,

I don't know the stats but would guess and bet a lot of money that black on black stabbings probably top the list and black on white stabbings weigh outnumber the reverse, respect works both ways.

If you want equality having the likes of the Black music awards or the Black police federation are not the way to go about things, they create divides, I don't care what skin colour anyone is, they shouldn't either.

• Upvote 1

Acton,

I don't know the stats but would guess and bet a lot of money that black on black stabbings probably top the list and black on white stabbings weigh outnumber the reverse, respect works both ways.

Correct. However, its still more common for a white person to attack, stab or in some way assault a black person purely on the basis of race.

If you want equality having the likes of the Black music awards or the Black police federation are not the way to go about things, they create divides, I don't care what skin colour anyone is, they shouldn't either.

Thats fairly easy for a hetero white male to say. You aren't going to suffer joining an organisation that is "institutionally racist". Its absolutely correct that black police officers have a refuge where they feel they will be heard, when for so long that just hasn't happened through mainstream channels. When we get to the point where the minorities are appropriately represented by the mainstream then maybe there will no longer be a need for these organisations. Sadly, much of the world does care about skin colour and minorities continue to be repressed.

Also remember that these organisations are nowhere near as exclusive as the whites only organisations and clubs that used to exist. The National "Black" Police Association is a misnomer, they represent any racial minority. White people can join as associate members if they want to support their fellow officers, and a number do, because they are well aware of the issues within the police. Also, i doubt a white person will ever be turned away from the Mojos.

• Upvote 1

There's a gay bloke drinks in my local the Four Mile, I've known him since he was a kid and played in the same school football teams as him, do you suggest I treat him differently to all the other people I also know in the pub? He's not exactly a friend but I know him well enough to have a quick chat and say hello to.

It isn't "caring poofter friendly sorts", it's basic humanity to treat others with respect, do you suggest I blacklist him in the future and ignore him because he's gay?

I think we should rename you Strawman, particularly it seems with regard to my posts at the moment. :clangers2:

I think we should rename you Strawman, particularly it seems with regard to my posts at the moment. :clangers2:

I merely replied to your post, why put the deflectors out, you have a habit of stating something which is nonsense and when someone pulls you up about it you then slate that person, at least try and back up your original point before descending into playground tactics.

Some of the attitudes on this thread should make it quite clear why there is still a point to them. No?

Maybe when as many folk get battered for being straight as there are for being gay, or as many get stabbed for being white as being black, or a woman will automatically earn the same as a guy for doing the same job then we'll be due a white hetro pride day. Its not that day yet, but if you're really keen i don't think you'll find many coons, chicks or poofs involved in your average Orange march, or EDL rally - so have at it.

The reason there are "black" and "women" and "gay" parades and festivals is mainly because they were excluded from large parts of everyday western life for the majority of human history, so had no choice but to go their own way. Even if they were involved in white, male activities it was pure tokenism, a joke, or often just pure slavery. 30 odd years of near (but in no way complete) equality doesn't even come close to making up for it.

If you think life is as easy for the minority now as it is for the majority then you must lead an unbelievably sheltered life.

Think you are missing the point Acton. The current generation of folk are far more enlightened than previous generations, so we really don't have to "make up for anything".

Theres a difference between treating everybody equally and treating everybody the same; why the f4ck would a gay person want to get married anyway, whats the difference between being married and being in a civil partnership? Marriage for Straight folk / Civil Partnership for Gay folk - you dont see many "hetero's" demanding the right to enter a civil partnership?

Think you are missing the point Acton. The current generation of folk are far more enlightened than previous generations, so we really don't have to "make up for anything".

All in context of course. Fowk 50 years from now will think we had dark age mentalities.

To say "eh am off doon the pakis" was perfectly acceptable in 70s/80s Dundee, and anywhere else in Scotland. It wasn't meant as racist in the slightest but by todays "enlightened" standards, it was :sherlock:

All in context of course. Fowk 50 years from now will think we had dark age mentalities.

To say "eh am off doon the pakis" was perfectly acceptable in 70s/80s Dundee, and anywhere else in Scotland. It wasn't meant as racist in the slightest but by todays "enlightened" standards, it was :sherlock:

Agreed, but the point is that by and large gay folk today are left to their own devices, so to treat them as a special case because 50 years ago they would have got chemically castrated is wrong headed.

We can regret the past but we cant change it.

Agreed, but the point is that by and large gay folk today are left to their own devices, so to treat them as a special case because 50 years ago they would have got chemically castrated is wrong headed.

We can regret the past but we cant change it.

Not really arguing your point, but isn't it arrogant of us to think our opinion is any more valid than that of previous generations? Right and wrong is all relative and fluid. For all we know public opinion could swing back in the other direction. Unlikely, but stranger things have happened in history.

Theres a difference between treating everybody equally and treating everybody the same; why the f4ck would a gay person want to get married anyway, whats the difference between being married and being in a civil partnership?

What's the difference to you, and why does it bother you so much?

I merely replied to your post, why put the deflectors out, you have a habit of stating something which is nonsense and when someone pulls you up about it you then slate that person, at least try and back up your original point before descending into playground tactics.

:blahblah1: strawman