Home Refurbishments/repairs

Bad_Mobby

• 5 years later...

Anybody recommend anywhere online that supplies internal doors? Wickes have nothing in stock up here and won’t deliver from another store, jewsons wont deliver, b and q have fuck all decent the size we need and Homebase are tatties (RIP).

Any other sites I can try for delivery within the next week?

eh can recommend the above from cavo. Arrived to do the front door for us then said " I'll do your back door ,man, as well, for half the usual price".

Took him for a pint afterward to soul. "Kitchen door as well needing done?" he asked. He noticed it was off its hinges in the back garden. It had been down so long I had forgot all about it. 

• Downvote 1

I'll be looking for someone to carry out a bit of joinery, plastering, plumbing and electrical work sometime in the future

The cheaper the better

Any recommendations?

Just had a lad do 3 bathrooms in my hoose... did a bang up job, it has to be said. Even more remarkable when you consider he appeared to be pished most of the time.  Was ready to fire his arse oot the door the minute he fucked up... he didnae fuck up. 

Functional alcoholics are fine, I guess. 

Chances are you won't want his contact details, like... not just because of the alcoholism. 

Oh, he was phenomenally sweaty inna. Always sweating. 

Big fat sweaty alcoholic builder. Happy enough to tell us stories of the birds he'd fucked... which the wife wasn't best pleased about, to be fair. 

Also, he was a pervert. 

Big, fat, sweaty, alcoholic pervert builder. 

Great name for a company, tho. 

• Downvote 1

Just had a lad do 3 bathrooms in my hoose... did a bang up job, it has to be said. Even more remarkable when you consider he appeared to be pished most of the time. Was ready to fire his arse oot the door the minute he fucked up... he didnae fuck up.

Functional alcoholics are fine, I guess.

Chances are you won't want his contact details, like... not just because of the alcoholism.

Oh, he was phenomenally sweaty inna. Always sweating.

Big fat sweaty alcoholic builder. Happy enough to tell us stories of the birds he'd fucked... which the wife wasn't best pleased about, to be fair.

Also, he was a pervert.

Big, fat, sweaty, alcoholic pervert builder.

Great name for a company, tho.

No worries Keltmeister (Got the work done about 4 year ago)

@@dazzy_deff

Fit kind o doors are you looking for min?

I've got 7 internal oak (light oak) doors in my garage I'm looking to sell nae oot the wrappers.

3 glazed and 4 panelled. They're modern style and 1 is a fire door.

If you're wanting to see them pm me your mob no. and I'll whatsapp you photos and sizes.

Will knock a bit off the rrp and I can deliver them.

I’m getting new central heating put in next week and the cupboard where the water tank currently is is being turned into a cupboard as we are putting a combi in. Joiner is turning it into a full length cupboard so just need a door to suit. Nothing fancy just a white internal door (1980mm x 610mm). Wickes have the best selection online but as soon as you try to order it says everything is out of stock - tried 5 different doors, handles and hinges and combinations of all.

eh can recommend the above from cavo. Arrived to do the front door for us then said " I'll do your back door ,man, as well, for half the usual price".

Took him for a pint afterward to soul. "Kitchen door as well needing done?" he asked. He noticed it was off its hinges in the back garden. It had been down so long I had forgot all about it. 

fuck the lot of youz, that look me ages.

• Downvote 1

Anybody recommend anywhere online that supplies internal doors? Wickes have nothing in stock up here and won’t deliver from another store, jewsons wont deliver, b and q have fuck all decent the size we need and Homebase are tatties (RIP).

Any other sites I can try for delivery within the next week?

There's a Homebase in Inverurie.

Didn't you know wealth is defined by how much pissers you have in yer hoose?

Don't most modern houses have a minimum of two shitters? 

Letting on you've three is just fucking unnecessary bragging, I guess. 

THREE SHITTERS????

Fa de ye think ye are, Bill Gates???

I genuinely had no idea there's a shitter threshold beyond which you're just being fucking bumptious. 

Note to self... two shitters is the max number of shitters you can admit to, otherwise you're just rubbing your fabulous wealth in people's faces. 

Don't most modern houses have a minimum of two shitters? 

Letting on you've three is just fucking unnecessary bragging, I guess. 

THREE SHITTERS????

Fa de ye think ye are, Bill Gates???

I genuinely had no idea there's a shitter threshold beyond which you're just being fucking bumptious. 

Note to self... two shitters is the max number of shitters you can admit to, otherwise you're just rubbing your fabulous wealth in people's faces. 

If you have more than two shitters then you are posh imo.