Live albums

Apologies if created elsewhere. 

What albums capture what bands are all about when recorded live, or what are your favourite live albums?

I've got too many to mention in one go, but I'll start off with

It's too late to stop now- Van Morrison

Irish tour 74- Rory Gallagher

Stop making sense - Talking Heads

Live from Mars - Ben Harper

The last waltz- the band 

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, alscotoz said:

What albums capture what bands are all about when recorded live, or what are your favourite live albums?

The last waltz- the band 

Dig the New Breed - The Jam. Just a fucking excellent album capturing them at their peak. 

Rank - the Smiths. It's The Smiths. Live. Marr and Morrissey and the other two. Sublime. 

Getting Away With It: Live - James. The best live band in the fucking world being the best live band in the fucking world. 

Unplugged in New York - Nirvana. Anyone who hasn't already listened to this and stated clearly that this is magnificent should be gassed. 

The Pogues in Paris - The Pogues. RIP the last of the drunken Irish geniuses. 

• Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, Bluto10 said:

still got that on dvd.

live by the sea was also a good one.

Warms the heart to see Tony McCarrol playing his heart out, like a mindless retard. Must have been soon after that he’d had enough of Noel’s bullying and got sacked for being incompetent.

15 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

Warms the heart to see Tony McCarrol playing his heart out, like a mindless retard. Must have been soon after that he’d had enough of Noel’s bullying and got sacked for being incompetent.

His books a decent read if you haven't already discovered it.

Faith no more Live at Brixton, Mike and the lads doing what they did best

Alice in Chains MTV Unplugged -Emotionally charged, and fucking beautiful if you havent watched this, I suggest you do

Underworld Everything everything Recorded at a glastonbury iirc. King of snake is magnificent

Motorhead No sleep til Hammersmith Its Lemmy, Philthy and Fast fucking Eddie Live, thats all you need to know

• Like 1
3 hours ago, CrazyBullSheep said:

Faith no more Live at Brixton, Mike and the lads doing what they did best

Alice in Chains MTV Unplugged -Emotionally charged, and fucking beautiful if you havent watched this, I suggest you do

Underworld Everything everything Recorded at a glastonbury iirc. King of snake is magnificent

Motorhead No sleep til Hammersmith Its Lemmy, Philthy and Fast fucking Eddie Live, thats all you need to know

This should also be in here, Simply for that Breakdown ( If you dont bang your head then you dont deserve ears) Also Dimes solo with the Finger is fucking ace. God rest that man. 

12 hours ago, CrazyBullSheep said:

Class.

Off topic... I remember being off my tits one night, many many years ago and decided to watch the music channels and I was treated to the following (it blew my mind):

Still trying to figure it out to this day. Gives me the heeby jeebys still.

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, Somefriendly said:

Knebworth 96 also worthy of a mention. Mind you had the bootleg for years before it was officially released. Bought the bootleg downstairs at one up.

Live Wood by weller also worth a mention.

Bootleg was better imo 

• Upvote 1
On 3/31/2024 at 2:14 AM, alscotoz said:

The last waltz- the band 

generic cunt..leave music chat tae cunts wi hawf a clue..silly wee tipsy daddys boy.."ehl pliy ye inxs if ye tak meh tae oz wi ye daddykins"..yer a fuckin balloon.. shidna be onywhar near music threads