Mcmanus to start

barassie_afc

I thought McManus was probably our worst player, made cart horse Weir look good.

Anderson is better than both.

McLeish has some thinking to do for italy game.

Boyd will probably drop to bench and as much as i'd like to

see Anderson coming in for McManus it will probably

be Pressley for Weir.

I'd play Brown from the start.

McLeish has some thinking to do for italy game.

Boyd will probably drop to bench and as much as i'd like to

see Anderson coming in for McManus it will probably

be Pressley for Weir.

I'd play Brown from the start.

Weir and McManus would get torn apart if played on Tuesday. And can't see Russell getting thrown in for a big game like this, even if fit!!

Totally agree. Anderson just doesn't have that nasty side

that is needed.

He copes no problem against most teams but when he's up

against a big forward he tends to come second best too

often.

Maybe if he hadn't to spend so much time covering

for his team mates it would help.

The added pressure the glasgow press put on him cos

he aint with the huns or tims cannot help either.

Yeah, you're right...Davie Weir is a far better option. Mon fella, talk sense. I think their goal yesterday sums up my point. Weir looked like the old codger he is.

I was fuming at Weir. That moron should be no-where near the jersey anymore. If he starts again on wednesday it would be a crime against football. I'm not doubting he had talent, but its now to hang up the boots. Good man to have around the squad probably, so give him a coaching role.

Georgia's goal was a shocker to lose. Weir should have closed his man down and McManus was so far away from Mr Bean that you could have parked a bus in the space.

McManus also backed off far too much when Georgia were attacking. Just f*cking nail the guy (like Beattie did at the end :dontknow: )

Couldnt care less how sh*te the pair of them were. Scotland got the three points and Russell didnt get injured. Pure 100% selfish but I would rather have a fit and raring Russell on Saturday against Killie for our final push for Europe than risk him getting injured bailing out the diddies like Weir and McManus.

Yes both were pish and both a complete joke for the Gorgia goal but I couldnt give a fcuk at the end of the day.

Pure 100% selfish but I would rather have a fit and raring Russell on Saturday against Killie for our final push for Europe than risk him getting injured bailing out the diddies like Weir and McManus.

Russ's time will come for Scotland. More important that we get into Europe and that he and the rest of them do well (definition of "do well" IMHO - getting into the UEFA Group stages and winning a few games).

Then he'll be up for caps, nae doubt

Russ's time will come for Scotland. More important that we get into Europe and that he and the rest of them do well (definition of "do well" IMHO - getting into the UEFA Group stages and winning a few games).

Then he'll be up for caps, nae doubt

His time will come? He is 29 in a few months!!

That'll be the same Willie Miller that thinks JC is an excellent manager, and the same Willie Miller that reckons that 4th place is the best we can hope for this season.

Oh FFS.

I guess that you thought we'd finish top 3 this year?!? :poster_oops:

He was trying to inject a bit of realism. After the season Hearts had last year, and with Rangers bringing in a supposed top-class manager, 4th would have been very good if we had finished there! However, with the debacle of Paul Le Guen at Rangers, and Vladimir Romanov at Hearts of Lithuania, we've had the opportunity to earn a place in the top 3.

Evening express gave Man of Match award to Ferguson with 8 points.

Cannot agree with that one at all.

I would. He was the only one to come out of the game with any pass marks in my opinion, perhaps Naysmith as well. Every other player was average at best, making mistakes, giving the ball away, not taking advantage of situations.

I would. He was the only one to come out of the game with any pass marks in my opinion, perhaps Naysmith as well. Every other player was average at best, making mistakes, giving the ball away, not taking advantage of situations.

Gordon did fine, Boyd scored so did his job, Naismith was fine.

As captain i felt that Ferguson didn't do any better than a 6.

Oh FFS.

I guess that you thought we'd finish top 3 this year?!? :fishing:

I didn't think that we would but I certainly thought it was possible. And I'm a miserable sour faced boo boy, not someone that's employed to take the club forward and raise its profile.

Evening express gave Man of Match award to Ferguson with 8 points.

Cannot agree with that one at all.

I certainly would have, best player in blue by a mile. Played the captains role well and put in a power of work. All round play and influence was excellent in my opinion.

I certainly would have, best player in blue by a mile. Played the captains role well and put in a power of work. All round play and influence was excellent in my opinion.

Interestingly enough, many huns feel he wasn't his usual self

on saturday.

I just dont think he was better than average.

But main point is that we got 3 points.

Best game i've seen Ferguson have for Scotland in quite a while - if he can be arsed, he's a good player

For the part of the game I watched, in the first 30 mins I thought Ferguson was playing more like his recent Rangers form than his usual scotland walkabouts.

I was actually surprised, maybe Mcleish gave him a boot up the arse pre-game... :laughing:

That'll be the same Willie Miller that thinks JC is an excellent manager, and the same Willie Miller that reckons that 4th place is the best we can hope for this season.

mmm but since willie miller is talking about his position he played i thought he would have a better idea of how both played. Then again he was a sh*te manager!!!!

I didn't think that we would but I certainly thought it was possible. And I'm a miserable sour faced boo boy, not someone that's employed to take the club forward and raise its profile.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but hasn't the club moved forward since Willie Miller came back in, thus in turn raising it's profile and standing again?!? :laughing:

Archived