Obesity 'not individuals' fault'

uni_don

What's your take on this Aloe Vera cleansing bullshit that's doing the rounds?

On a side note I have no idea what I weigh but I've just completed a 14k run and shifted two ton of logs from one side of the garden to the other. Fit as a fucking fiddle.

I was an Aloe Vera agent for a limited time and tended to believe the hype but the more scientific claim that detoxification is a myth.

Detoxing is probably popular with modern man because of the food additives he/she eats involuntarily but a healthy body will eliminate these naturally.

We should try , therefore , not to become unhealthy.

A handful of washed uncooked brown rice , well chewed , is an effective cleanser for less than a few pence. Aloe Vera undiluted comes in around £20/litre.

Cheers ollie , aye the dreaded 'ass cancer' but a cancer that has a good chance of survival rate. Ironically , I am a guy who knows the benefits of avoiding the transfats ,processed foods and sugary drinks. Avoiding cancer seems to be more than just getting your nutrition right. Mind you , I have never been too disciplined about this and eat everything and a'thing and used to drink like a fish( I also worked in the chemical industry and I'll never take statins again ! ).

Diagnosed in April with a 'tumour in my tailpipe' , I cannae fault the team up at ARI. I got my chemotherapy , radiotherapy and surgery all within 4 months and my reversal op(the use of my tailpipe back , tf ) in November. I still need to do a further 3 months of chemo in the new year and that should be me done and dusted. If the cancer cells do not return within 5 years then I am considered cured.

It's pretty brutal like and I am still knackered from the treatment and can do very little before getting tired. Have not been to the hallowed grun since late September and it will be well into the new year before I am back. Listen in on the radio to every game tho' and watch on BT Sports , if on. COYR!

Thanks for askin' min :thumbup1:

Jesus, that sounds horrendous.

Wishing you all the best with your recovery, you wise old sage.

I was an Aloe Vera agent for a limited time and tended to believe the hype but the more scientific claim that detoxification is a myth.

Detoxing is probably popular with modern man because of the food additives he/she eats involuntarily but a healthy body will eliminate these naturally.

We should try , therefore , not to become unhealthy.

A handful of washed uncooked brown rice , well chewed , is an effective cleanser for less than a few pence. Aloe Vera undiluted comes in around £20/litre.

Aye my mate's wife is on about it non stop. Very tiresome. Load of shite. Get the same benefit by eating healthily and drinking plenty water.

Cheers ollie , aye the dreaded 'ass cancer' but a cancer that has a good chance of survival rate. Ironically , I am a guy who knows the benefits of avoiding the transfats ,processed foods and sugary drinks. Avoiding cancer seems to be more than just getting your nutrition right. Mind you , I have never been too disciplined about this and eat everything and a'thing and used to drink like a fish( I also worked in the chemical industry

and I'll never take statins again ! ).

Diagnosed in April with a 'tumour in my tailpipe' , I cannae fault the team up at ARI. I got my chemotherapy , radiotherapy and surgery all within 4 months and my reversal op(the use of my tailpipe back , tf ) in November. I still need to do a further 3 months of chemo in the new year and that should be me done and dusted. If the cancer cells do not return within 5 years then I am considered cured.

It's pretty brutal like and I am still knackered from the treatment and can do very little before getting tired. Have not been to the hallowed grun since late September and it will be well into the new year before I am back. Listen in on the radio to every game tho' and watch on BT Sports , if on. COYR!

Fucking hell min.

I've been out of the loop for a wee while, I had nae idea anything was wrong.

Sometimes I miss Facebook.

All change here, inna.

Major life changes and health scares and all that crap.

A'hing rosy noo, though.

Cheers ollie , aye the dreaded 'ass cancer' but a cancer that has a good chance of survival rate. Ironically , I am a guy who knows the benefits of avoiding the transfats ,processed foods and sugary drinks. Avoiding cancer seems to be more than just getting your nutrition right. Mind you , I have never been too disciplined about this and eat everything and a'thing and used to drink like a fish( I also worked in the chemical industry and I'll never take statins again ! ).

All the best Pheonix min. My old man had an aggressive cancer in his skull which pretty much resulted in half his face being removed and losing an eye - although the alternative was far worse and not many of us thought he'd actually make it. The radiotherapy unit at ARI couldn't have looked after him better. He also lost a significant amount of weight during and after the treatment.

2 years later and so far (touch wood) he is clear of it and he has been able to live on to experience the better moments in life and see another dandy being born (my daughter) on Tuesday. You are one of this forums more enlightened posters and seem to have a great outlook on life so wishing you a speedy recovery through the other side min.

Thanks for all your best wishes loons and I reciprocate regarding the health and wellbeing of your own nearest and dearest who are going through the scourge that is the 'Emperor Of All Maladies'. There is a lot more hope around these days given the advances in modern medicine and I believe things will improve dramatically. Just check oot Aubrey de Gray(Grey?)on You Tube.

Pete and Dud(Derek and Clive) mirror my sentiments about this affliction in 31 seconds:

http://youtu.be/hqEAzROCK6E

You are, fat mess (says BMI chart)

BMI-Chart-good-one.jpg

The BMI chart is not the best way to judge weight. The BMI chart could show an athlete with a muscular physique and 3% body fat as overweight if the measurements suited the chart. Are they still fat?

Better to get the calapers out, or use a body fat meter to judge.

The BMI chart is not the best way to judge weight. The BMI chart could show an athlete with a muscular physique and 3% body fat as overweight if the measurements suited the chart. Are they still fat?

Better to get the calapers out, or use a body fat meter to judge.

I know, I was just winding up Tupster,

Every New Zealand international rugby player in there recent test was classed as obese going by the BMI chart.

I was 120kgs (6ft) and was a fat fuck… Lost 35 kgs by dieting and exercise and just under 85kgs now so still technically a bit overweight, but when you compare yourself to the average Scot these days I look fucking great. I ran 2 marathons this year and I'm 40.

If you're fat it's because you made yourself fat. I had a very enjoyable time getting fat eating and drinking whatever the fuck I wanted but if I carried on I was going to die before I was 50. There's only one person that can change it, and I find it a bit hard to sympathise with people now...

I was 120kgs (6ft) and was a fat fuck… Lost 35 kgs by dieting and exercise and just under 85kgs now so still technically a bit overweight, but when you compare yourself to the average Scot these days I look fucking great. I ran 2 marathons this year and I'm 40.

If you're fat it's because you made yourself fat. I had a very enjoyable time getting fat eating and drinking whatever the fuck I wanted but if I carried on I was going to die before I was 50. There's only one person that can change it, and I find it a bit hard to sympathise with people now...

That's a hell of a lifestyle change, respect!!

Similar story. At my worst I was 137kgs (I'm 6' 2) Never had weight problems through my childhood so it was just pure laziness and neglect. Admitted to hospital with kidney issues and knew it was time to change.

Started running, taking part in events and building my way up. Now 91kgs and looking forward to my first marathon in London next year.

In my case, it was purely the individuals fault.