The English football scene has gone middle class. Disappeared up the arse of capitalism.

Thankfully we've not reached that stage yet in Scotland and, if we do, I'm out. f**k sitting there with a bunch of yuppies who know nothing about the game, and who I would not give the time of day to in any other walk of life.

It is, or at least was, a working mans game.

The EPL is so sanitised Rooney gets pulled up for swearing, swearing FFS, after scoring a hat-trick. Absurd.

The reasoning is that middle class people cannot handle the fact that this fat, class-less, minky oaf earns

I agree with most of that, but Rooney didnt get pulled up for merely swearing, he got pulled up for screaming those obscenities down the camera at prime time when theres loads of kids watching

Kids should understand like the rest of us that a fitba match is not like a choir practice.

Grown men kick the sh*t out of each other for an hour and a half, more than a few choice words will be muttered in that time.

And the Press were on his back for 18 months before that, about allsorts, it's totally understandable.

The English football scene has gone middle class. Disappeared up the arse of capitalism.

Thankfully we've not reached that stage yet in Scotland and, if we do, I'm out. f**k sitting there with a bunch of yuppies who know nothing about the game, and who I would not give the time of day to in any other walk of life.

It is, or at least was, a working mans game.

The EPL is so sanitised Rooney gets pulled up for swearing, swearing FFS, after scoring a hat-trick. Absurd.

The reasoning is that middle class people cannot handle the fact that this fat, class-less, minky oaf earns

I thought you were already done with Scottish football Tupster?

Aye, for this season.

I'll have recharged my batteries no doubt come August, but I'd like to see Scottish football take a long, hard look at the parody of itself it has been allowed to become.

The key to re-invigorating the contest is more equality. ESPN have no interest in that, nor do Sky, they only want to show two teams.

I say we should dispense with them and their Irish subscription market.

"yeh a'know"...

but the difference is swearing when you get crunched (not audible) and screaming down a camera (blatantly audible)

Television should not be allowed to dictate what a man can and cannot say on a fitba park.

I'd have gone further, and tossed the camera to the ground and put my foot through it after the cursing.

Meanwhile screaming 'f**k you, Murdoch!!!!!!!!!' at the top of my voice.

erm, its not Rupert Murdoch thats censuring Rooney for doing it, conversely, he probably loved it!

Eh?

So it wisna Sky Sports that repeated it ad nauseum until mock offended middle England demanded his head on a plate?

Of course Murdoch would never advocate trial by media, would he?

Do you just argue for the sake of it?

Eh?

So it wisna Sky Sports that repeated it ad nauseum until mock offended middle England demanded his head on a plate?

Of course Murdoch would never advocate trial by media, would he?

Do you just argue for the sake of it?

did you do a census like?

who are the mock offended middle britainers?

did you do a census like?

who are the mock offended middle britainers?

Who do you think?

The mock offended brigade, the Sky subscriber market, the nouveau football fans, the ones who have never played nor understand the game, and think it started in 1993.

Actually, look in the mirror and you'll find out exactly what I mean.

Who do you think?

The mock offended brigade, the Sky subscriber market, the nouveau football fans, the ones who have never played nor understand the game, and think it started in 1993.

Actually, look in the mirror and you'll find out exactly what I mean.

hilarious tup.

i love your blanket stereotypes about folk.

anyway, i wasnt in the least bit outraged. so you're wrong on that count too.

back on topic, well arsenal charged lots for STs. big shock. it was the same for them, chelsea and spurs long before the sky tv was a twinkle in ruperts eye.

but tup will gloss over that fact.

back on topic, well arsenal charged lots for STs. big shock. it was the same for them, chelsea and spurs long before the sky tv was a twinkle in ruperts eye.

but tup will gloss over that fact.

This is nonsense. Index that figure for Arsenal season tickets, going back the way.

It's never been higher.

The reasoning you give is because London has always been slightly more expensive. Not massively so, as now.

This is nonsense. Index that figure for Arsenal season tickets, going back the way.

It's never been higher.

The reasoning you give is because London has always been slightly more expensive. Not massively so, as now.

i remember, so far back i cant remember when, that london clubs were scandelously more expensive than the s.t. they sold to the working class minks you love so much in the north.

anyway, i dont care. if its too expensive i woulddnt buy it.

out of interest wht reasons are the gooners giving for the hike? stadium costs?

working class minks you love so much in the north.

Give him enough rope, he hangs himself.

Your attitude permeates football these days.

Price ordinary people, or 'minks' as you prefer, out of the game completely, and rip the heart from it in the process.

All they are doing is pricing out the real fans! Their fans will comprise of business men and corporate arseholes, and they will wonder why the atmosphere has dipped!

Arsenal has always been the team of the middle classes.... they didn't call it the Highbury library for nothing!

i remember, so far back i cant remember when, that london clubs were scandelously more expensive than the s.t. they sold to the working class minks you love so much in the north.

anyway, i dont care. if its too expensive i woulddnt buy it.

out of interest wht reasons are the gooners giving for the hike? stadium costs?

Why do you class the working class as minks?

Why do you class the working class as minks?

i dont.

but seeing as tup likes to tarnish the middle englanders/middle class with the mock offended brush, i thought i'd take the opposite view and label the working class as downright scum.

Give him enough rope, he hangs himself.

Your attitude permeates football these days.

Price ordinary people, or 'minks' as you prefer, out of the game completely, and rip the heart from it in the process.

''my'' attitude.

i dont have an opinion like you do tup.

i dont get as worked up about things out of my control like you do.

by the way, what is so wromg with a middle class englander watching football?

''my'' attitude.

i dont have an opinion like you do tup.

i dont get as worked up about things out of my control like you do.

by the way, what is so wromg with a middle class englander watching football?

I don't care whether they watch football or not, it's anyone's choice what sport they want to watch.

It's when they are starting to control football that we must worry. I fear it's already too late. Sky subs are

go for a lie down min.

you really shouldnt get so worked up about it.

I'm not worked up in the slightest. I hold this attitude permanently. The game I once loved attending is on the slide, and it's a chore to go through the motions of attending these days.

You don't ever attend Aberdeen FC matches so you're not really fit to pass comment on the veracity or otherwise of my arguments. I have seen Scottish football slide into oblivion in recent years, with my own eyes. You are making sneeringly arrogant comments from afar, without any research whatsoever, and using EPL cliches to describe Scottish football. Perhaps you could attend regularly and have your enthusiasm pummelled and the life sucked from your wallet like the rest of us? Then see if your tune changes.

Your 'mink' comments belie all your other arguments.

You don't care about real football fans.