Tv Series

Is it worth watching?

I've recorded a few episodes to binge it, but will I be wasting my valuable time?

Too early to tell. If you're like me and hate finishing a film or TV and think that didn't add anything then I would wait. I suspect the first 3 episodes will already be a complete waste of time unless the scriptwriter gets his finger out of his arse.

The End of the Fucking World is a decent watch on Netflix.

Shouldn't you be looking for another pen-pushing job rather than watching telly or posting on here now that Carillion are fucked?

Shouldn't you be looking for another pen-pushing job rather than watching telly or posting on here now that Carillion are fucked?

I'm touched that you thought of me. I actually went through what those Carillion guys will be going through just now about 2 years ago. Shite times. A month worth of wages lost and unemployed. I found another, better paying, job right away but it was still a shitty period. Seeing friends you've made through work struggling due to having worked most of a month and not getting paid.

I'm unaffected here though, i do not work for Carillion, nor a subbie or supplier of theirs.

Anyway, The End of the Fucking World. Good show.

I'm touched that you thought of me.

You shouldn't be. I think you're a prick. I was hoping to hear you had been laid off.

At least you wouldn't have any loved ones relying on you.

• Downvote 1

You shouldn't be. I think you're a prick. I was hoping to hear you had been laid off.

At least you wouldn't have any loved ones relying on you.

Time and again, you demonstrate that if one of us is "a prick" it is certainly not me.

Hoping someone you don't know has lost their job is exactly the kind of weirdo, angry action i'd expect from you, given your posting history. Your following me around the board, slinging abuse for no reason, kind of sums up what a bizarre, angry wee man you must be.

I love you parky if that helps.

I love all on here. I don't worry about what that rocket says. His misplaced sense of intellectual superiority is pretty hilarious. He accuses me of seeking "conflict" yet initiates arguments with me and slings abuse on a daily basis. If he were able to look at his actions objectively, he'd see he's behaving like a total cunt. He still hasn't learned that, unlike many folk on here, i'm not one to be bullied by his aggression.

I love you parky if that helps.

That's cos you always and only see the good in people. I better fuck off before his inevitable dark and sanctimonious response. Tell the cunt to lighten up.

Edit: damn, too late. Remind him that the only two exchanges we had were when I had the temerity to enjoy the positives in a football match that he saw only mistakes in - see my response to GB 1875 in the in the news thread - and the other when I wasn't allowed to choose Sicily over Turkey. The record proves that both times, he started it. Total Mutant.

I love you too RS.

You misguided old fool. I love optimism. I prefer realism but erring on the side of positive as you always do is good, the complete opposite of the average Scot and nothing like the mutants.

Hoping someone you don't know has lost their job

Go on then, before I go.

You underestimate the power of words. We do know you, what you're made of, what drives you.

See? My love for my fellow man knows no bounds. Not that sanctimonious pricks are capable of receiving any advice, being so high up on their moral high ground that the word, let alone the concept of humility is invisible to them.

You know that you started it, the record proves it and now that you're even trying to twist that truth, you may be regretting it. Good. Because I'll not forgive and forget. Let me tell you how this will end. There are only three possible outcomes;

1. You fuck off and stop posting, like fatshaft

2. You back down (cos I can't and won't), like mt and berto did, or

3. I get banned again, likely as the mods don't know or care.

You're right that I'm a cunt. You have yet to learn not to try and belittle a cunt to make yourself look good. It doesn't work like that.

You know that you started it, the record proves it and now that you're even trying to twist that truth, you may be regretting it. Good. Because I'll not forgive and forget.

:laughing:

Tremendous work. Genuinely made me burst out laughing in the office there.

As i said previously, the RS modus-operandi is:

1. Talk shite

2. Re-write history

3. Sling abuse

4. Call someone mentally ill.

Just number 4 to go in this thread for the set again. :)

To satisfy you, some more words of wisdom. You are mentally ill. I am. Everybody is on this forum. It's a question of degree.

One day you might discover humility. That day, you will realise that we should all be learning, all of the time. If I'm more than 2 decades older than you and I'm still learning, there is a much steeper curve ahead of you.

That's pride fucking with you. Fuck pride, is what Marcellus said. You can't rewrite the record. Both times, the only times, you started it. Chugging off and absolute shite if I remember being your tools to provoke a response.

This is not me telling you that everyone, including you, is mentally ill. You don't understand the definition. You're not qualfied to know. This is why you take umbridge at the terminology. These are the words of a genius in this field, a man who's words (including this truth) were (maybe still are) in the NY Times best seller list for a period spanning at least two decades. When a man like him says something, we should listen.

To satisfy you, some more words of wisdom. You are mentally ill. I am. Everybody is on this forum. It's a question of degree.

One day you might discover humility. That day, you will realise that we should all be learning, all of the time. If I'm more than 2 decades older than you and I'm still learning, there is a much steeper curve ahead of you.

That's pride fucking with you. Fuck pride, is what Marcellus said. You can't rewrite the record. Both times, the only times, you started it. Chugging off and absolute shite if I remember being your tools to provoke a response.

This is not me telling you that everyone, including you, is mentally ill. You don't understand the definition. You're not qualfied to know. This is why you take umbridge at the terminology. These are the words of a genius in this field, a man who's words (including this truth) were (maybe still are) in the NY Times best seller list for a period spanning at least two decades. When a man like him says something, we should listen.

You did not use it in the context that everyone is mentally ill to some degree. You used it as a pejorative, in an attempt to humiliate and disparage me and to make yourself feel and look superior.

I learn every single day. This is another thing you've just made up, that i think i am always right and can never be wrong.

Every time i have engaged with you i have tried to remain polite, while you've continually slung abuse. Even here, i merely recommended a TV show to which your response was, and i paraphrase, " i hope you've lost your job, you prick".

You're a fucking weird wee man. :laughing:

You did not use it in the context that everyone is mentally ill to some degree. You used it as a pejorative, in an attempt to humiliate and disparage me and to make yourself feel and look superior.

I learn every single day. This is another thing you've just made up, that i think i am always right and can never be wrong.

Every time i have engaged with you i have tried to remain polite, while you've continually slung abuse. Even here, i merely recommended a TV show to which your response was, and i paraphrase, " i hope you've lost your job, you prick".

You're a fucking weird wee man. :laughing:

You are lying to yourself. One of the four tenets of self discipline, the only tools we have to improve mental health is dedication to the truth. Nobody on this forum would consider chugging off and absolute shite - both in your opening salvos as trying to remain polite.

I'm a vindictive cunt. I had hoped you'd lost your job. Cos I really really don't like sanctimonious pricks.

How richly ironic that the man who you got banned, the man who nailed one of your biggest mental health weaknesses with that phrase, started this very thread 8.5 years ago.

How richly ironic that you talk about the truth, while repeating a complete untruth, time and again.

When you get to my age sonny, you can discern the difference between truth and lies. VDA is not a liar. He has no history of lying. You don't even know the truth of what you post and even more disturbing, why you do it.

I look forward to the next time. I've still got one more up my sleeve to make it 2-2 in terms of starting it. Telt ye I was a vindictive bastard.

Blacklist, series 4 continues tonight. Now I enjoyed the first 3 series, they were good because there seemed to be an antagonist forever in the shadows, like the Cabal. We’ve found out Elizabeth is his daughter, apparently, now the only real peril that exists is some old skeleton. I’m nae likin’ this as much, James Spader is still rocking it as Raymond Reddington, he’s got that suave east coast way about him that moves the story along with as much gusto as allows, but another 2 series and I’m seeing aliens get involved to try and make it interesting.

When you get to my age sonny, you can discern the difference between truth and lies. VDA is not a liar. He has no history of lying. You don't even know the truth of what you post and even more disturbing, why you do it.

I look forward to the next time. I've still got one more up my sleeve to make it 2-2 in terms of starting it. Telt ye I was a vindictive bastard.

No one said VDA was a liar or that he was lying. He got a suspension, i did not "get him banned". There was no action by myself to "get him banned". There was no grassing or such-like. Him getting banned was fuck all to do with me. You keep repeating the nonsense though.

What's the work in question, RS? I like reading this sort of stuff... Daniel Kahneman's Thinking Fast and Slow, for example, was a real eye-opener for me.

Incidentally, and going back to Parklife's original comment, The End of the Fucking World on Netflix is superb.

Ox, The Road Less Travelled by Dr M Scott Peck.

In my opinion, the rest of his books were publisher inducements to make money given how big this one sold all over the globe. That one however, I recommend strongly and have done before on webchatspeaksites in days of yore.

I'll check out that Kahneman.

Nice diversion. I was going to point out his contradiction. Suspension he said and then he used banned. No point talking to him. He's in denial that he got vda so riled up. He thinks by having a go at me twice he could make himself look clever, by knowing more about football than the rest of us (EPL thread) and make himself look more compassionate than the rest of us (Holidays thread). I'm fucking off now but I'll be squaring up the series to make it 2-2. Then I'll be relentless until one of the three outcomes comes to pass, probably my banning cos I hate establishment and authority, power-seekers being arseholes.

• Upvote 2

VDA posted on the board that you think i "got him banned" from about 45 minutes ago... You don't have a fucking clue :laughing:

Vda hasn't posted today. You should learn how to use the board properly.

Give it a rest cunt. You started this and I will finish it. I've had my first pop here. You're just making it worse for yourself on my second gratuitous attack when I make it 2-2. TTFN. x x x