Tv Series

Top Boy ep 8. Was confused as fuck as the athletics having tea and ting don’t look familiar, and then they break out another one that eh canna place.

Are they new or have they been in the whole series and eh canna distinguish them?

The boy they break out is the boy that Sully poured the boiling sugared water over earlier in the series.

Finished Black Summer on Netflix.

I quite enjoyed it. The "zombies" were more 28 Days Later, rage virus types, than the shambling, no idea how anyone gets eaten by them, types.  The pacing was pretty good throughout and a lot of tense scenes with genuine anxious moments that most zombie shows lack.  Read that it's a prequel to Z Nation. Although it's completely different in almost every way. Z-Nation was a piss take on the genre, it had a sense of humour. This was very bleak with little dialogue. 

If you're looking for a show with a good storyline and deep characters, best watch something else. If you want people being chased, literally, by sprinting zombies then this is for you!

7/10.

Been up all night

Not a series man but Paul Rudd seems sound so put on

Living with yourself

On episode 6. It's ok. An easy watch. Waiting for the inevitable big twist. His wife is Irish and a bit plump/ confident for my usual targets but I'd CIHA.

Be falling asleep at the desk all day

Is Netflix a sign that the market is over-saturated with mediocre TV these days? Sure, there are some real gems, but when even some of the better shows like Stranger Things and Mindhunter have a distinctly retro vibe, it suggests a dearth of true creativity.

Netflix churns out mediocrity, HBO still coming up trumps, check out Succession