Darts

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
14 minutes ago, For Fecks Sake said:

All the teuchters currently in the process of looking out their stonewash jeans, checked shirts and caterpillar boots in preparation for this event.

£7.50-£8.00 a pint to throw in the air and look hard.

1 minute ago, maryhilldon said:

Haha. I love my darts, but fuck going to watch it. I noticed a lack of fancy dress costumes tonight.

There were a few.

I won’t go back. £8.50 a pint in plastic cups and 20 of a queue at the gents.

Not value for money

On 5/3/2024 at 9:51 AM, King Street Loon said:

Crowd was classless again I've been reading.

Teca is an awful venue. Drink kiosks are a fucking nightmare and vastly overpriced. 

I've avoided the Darts in Aberdeen for a long time now.

Canna blame you min. I was at the Holsten Pils Premier League event at the old AECC in 2007 and it was fucking gash. 

On 5/3/2024 at 9:51 AM, King Street Loon said:

Crowd was classless again I've been reading.

Teca is an awful venue. Drink kiosks are a fucking nightmare and vastly overpriced. 

I've avoided the Darts in Aberdeen for a long time now.

Agree with this. I used to go every year and it was actually alright at the old AECC due to it being a smaller venue. Much better atmosphere and the bar queues didn't seem as bad. The move to the new place has been a bad move for the experience of the darts but all involved in organising it are likely coining it in.

Atmosphere gets completely lost at TECA and the bar prices and queues are ridiculous. Why they can't have dozens/hundreds of pre poured pints is baffling. Pints get ordered then they take forever pouring them. It's a big money maker and they manage to make a pig's ear of it. Been to it twice there and will never be back.

Imo the Music Hall would be a cracking venue for darts. Similar to the Wolverhampton Civic.