Favourite Flavour Of Crisps

Tenerifered

was it them that released the hedgehog flavour ones for a limited period ?

No, funny though :hysterical:

"In the UK in 1981, Hedgehog Foods Ltd decided, as a joke, to produce Hedgehog flavoured crisps (potato chips). To everyone's surprise, the crisps were a huge success.

Hedgehog flavoured crisps were actually flavoured with pork fat and no hedgehogs were used in the manufacturing process. Consequently, it wasn't long before Hedgehog Foods Ltd was in court (1982), up against the Office of Fair Trading, on a charge of false advertising.

Bizarrely, a settlement was finally reached when Mr Lewis, of Hedgehog Foods, interviewed gypsies who actually did eat baked hedgehogs, to ascertain the flavour of hedgehogs. Mr Lewis then commissioned a flavourings firm to duplicate the flavour as closely as possible and changed the labels from "hedgehog flavoured" to "hedgehog flavour" and all interests were satisfied "

no actual hedgehogs were harmed in the production of the crisps. I'm gutted :angry2:

SOme bags came with free toothpicks as not every hedgehog had been properly plucked.

Salt and Vinegar ringos were awesome especially is you were lucky enough to get a big bit of flavour in your packet.

Bkers and Transforma snacks are also good crisps to eat if you're a "lump of flavour" lover like I am.

You should know what I'm on about.

Here's one for all you marketing whizzkids, product improvees, in other words dicks with far too much time on their hands.

Crisps were much, much better before they were in foil bags. It gave them a chance to dry out a bit and cut the greasiness massively.

Smith's salt and vinegar in the old see through bags were lethal, just lethal. The more dried out they were the better they tasted.

Walkers crisps in foil bags are disgusting, how anyone in their right mind can eat and enjoy that is beyond me.

Same goes for Monster Munch, ruined with the advent of foil.

Whoever the f**k thought it was a good idea to use foil needs their head examined. But you get told on the bag it's better for you and that's it, gone are the old bags, never to return it seems.

No c**t asked me about these f**king foil abortions, and if they had, I'd have telt them straight.

• 3 years later...