For or against the A.W.P.R.?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. For or against the A.W.P.R.?

• For
    • Against
    • For, but wrong route
    • Brown

• 2 months later...

Was down to Edinburgh yesterday by road and could not help been amazed at how they are fair cracking on with all the new approach roads to the New Forth Crossing, they have even started to build the bridge itself ffs. Now I am sure as this is even a bigger project than the AWPR and I am sure plenty folk in Lothian & Fife will be directly affected by it but to my mind the have just got on with it so why oh why is one prick holding up progress up here so much.

It might even be finished in time to help the Huns get to Methil, Cowdenbeath and Kirkcaldy quicker

See that the haudigan and bridge of dee are closed for the Olympic torch parade. Fucking genius bit of planning that, who needs a bypass eh!

Ridiculous. I'll never get to work in time. Think I'll move back in with the parents when the torch is here.

Am I the only one who doesn't get the whole torch thing? It's a fucking torch??? nutter.gif

Ridiculous. I'll never get to work in time. Think I'll move back in with the parents when the torch is here.

Am I the only one who doesn't get the whole torch thing? It's a fucking torch??? nutter.gif

I don't get it either, cheering on a torch seems bizarre to me never mind causing total fucking chaos over an entire city. Farcical. I've to get from the north of the city to the south, can't wait.

This fucking torch.

I couldn't even give a toss about the Olympics and now the bastards are making me get out of my bed at some ungodly hour on Monday and Tuesday just so I can get to work on time.

What fucker is going to line South Anderson Drive on a Monday morning to see a fucking torch? :blink:

This fucking torch.

I couldn't even give a toss about the Olympics and now the bastards are making me get out of my bed at some ungodly hour on Monday and Tuesday just so I can get to work on time.

What fucker is going to line South Anderson Drive on a Monday morning to see a fucking torch? :blink:

Probably the same morons who draped themselves head-to-toe in Union Jacks over the last few days.

If they worship someone like the Queen, God knows what they'll make of something that is a lot more relevant and modern nowadays, a fucking torch.

Was reading that a guy from Inveraray was nominated to carry the torch because of his charity work. The torch committee agreed he should do it but stuffed up the location - They thought he was from Inverurie, so sent him all the way to Banchory. :laughing:

I've noticed that Will I am and Jedward were carrying this thing. any reason for this or is it just because they get their faces on TV a lot

All the Olympics and the Jubilee has proven is that people are sheep. If you bum something up enough and drum it into their ears for long enough, they will fall in line and buy the shit. Just like X-Factor, The Voice and Britain's Got Talent. It also shows that we, as a society, want nothing more than to love something that is popular so we're not left out. Hence why Social Networking is so popular! "I feel out of the loop" is a common user reason for checking on an almost minutely bases.

How that paragraph relates to the Bypass, I don't know!

Was down to Edinburgh yesterday by road and could not help been amazed at how they are fair cracking on with all the new approach roads to the New Forth Crossing, they have even started to build the bridge itself ffs. Now I am sure as this is even a bigger project than the AWPR and I am sure plenty folk in Lothian & Fife will be directly affected by it but to my mind the have just got on with it so why oh why is one prick holding up progress up here so much.

It might even be finished in time to help the Huns get to Methil, Cowdenbeath and Kirkcaldy quicker

Same Civil Engineering consultants for the Bridge are just waiting in the wings to kick off the AWPR, so I am told.

Ready to roll as soon as final permission is granted, which'll probably be efter the bridge is finished!

All the Olympics and the Jubilee has proven is that people are sheep. If you bum something up enough and drum it into their ears for long enough, they will fall in line and buy the shit. Just like X-Factor, The Voice and Britain's Got Talent. It also shows that we, as a society, want nothing more than to love something that is popular so we're not left out. Hence why Social Networking is so popular! "I feel out of the loop" is a common user reason for checking on an almost minutely bases.

Correct :applause:

I also can't remember such a fuss being made over the Golden Jubilee a decade ago - it's almost as if the Government are looking for any excuse to distract us from the shitty state of the economy - opium for the masses springs to mind. Or perhaps they knew the Queen would live another 10 years? :dontknow:

Next Monday and Tuesday, I shall be mostly working from home...

• 4 weeks later...