beer gut

For or against the A.W.P.R.?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. For or against the A.W.P.R.?

• For
    • Against
    • For, but wrong route
    • Brown

Surely to fuck this appeal is turned down and that's an end to the matter.

Nothing would surprise me in all of this though.

What happens if it is upheld? Do they have to go back to the drawing board and start all over again going through consultation and devising a new (or the same) route and going through the lengthy planning process from scratch?

Surely if the appeal is upheld then that's not the end of it and there is no bypass built.

Has anyone any concerns regarding the planned route?

Seems logical enough to me.

0020481.jpg

Not sure if it will we will hear extra noise out in Newmachar, But if it reduces the traffic congestion in aberdeen than it can only be a good thing.

Plus being close to the by-pass might increase the value of my hoose :laughing:

Not sure if it will we will hear extra noise out in Newmachar, But if it reduces the traffic congestion in aberdeen than it can only be a good thing.

Plus being close to the by-pass might increase the value of my hoose :laughing:

I doubt you'd hear extra noise in Newmachar.

Is that the right proposal I've attached? It seems to come into the Newmachar - Aberdeen road not far over the Don bridge so I cannot see why Newmachar would be affected by noise. :dontknow:

I doubt you'd hear extra noise in Newmachar.

Is that the right proposal I've attached? It seems to come into the Newmachar - Aberdeen road not far over the Don bridge so I cannot see why Newmachar would be affected by noise. :dontknow:

Will be going through the woods just short of goval which is just over a mile from Newmachar.

Used to hear a fair bit of noise from the A96 when i lived in stoneywood (cars racing there at weekends) and that was about the same distance. Plus the noise from building it alone i'd imagine being quite loud, Disruption too no less.

But i'd rather that than have to sit in traffic for so long in rush hour and trying to get through aberdeen to get down south.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

The preferred bidder for the Aberdeen bypass has been named.

The Aberdeen Western Peripheral Route (AWPR) was first given the green light by Scottish ministers in 2009 but was delayed by legal action.
Connect Roads - comprising Balfour Beatty, Galliford Try (Morrison Construction) and Carillion - has been unveiled as the preferred bidder.
The £745m project comprises the bypass and making the Balmedie to Tipperty stretch of the A90 a dual carriageway.
Work on the bypass is expected to be completed by the spring of 2018.
Transport Minister Keith Brown, who made the announcement, said: "This is great news for the people of Aberdeen and the north-east."
The leaders of Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire councils also welcomed the news.