Rangers Into Administration

Red Dragon

Opinion of the news?  

339 members have voted

1. 1. Best news ever?

• Yes

other than blind optimism / faith / naivety, I have no idea how you come to that view.:hysterical: Dont get me wrong but every one of your posts are so negative in respect of the outcome of the SPL vote. You are basing all your posts on things which happened in the past 20 years. I have a feeling you may be secretly hoping newco rangers are allowed back in SPL so as you can post " I told you so".Anyway that is my view end off

Yes, my posts are negative - what evidence is there for me to change my view to a more positive one? I hope *Rangers* are not in the SPL next season but I expect they will be based on the track record of the SFA and SPL over the past 20 years (and indeed over the past few weeks and months).

So, if your view is not based on blind optimism / faith / naivety, then what is it that makes you sure *Rangers* will be voted out? I suspect you think that the SPL chairmen will do the right thing because it is the right thing to do or, more likely, because of fan pressure. I hope you are right.

Oh, and I promise not to say "I told you so" :crossfingers:

think new sky premiership deal might be a boost to spl. after next season espn will have zero english premiership fora minimum of 3 seasons. now presuming they want to maintain their uk presence it would be fair to assume they will try harder to outbid sky on other including scottish football

I doubt it, there are rumours they could quit the UK when their current deals finish.

ESPN is considering its position internationally and could even withdraw from certain markets if it cannot be profitable in those areas, Disney chairman and chief executive Bob Iger told investors. That includes the UK, where the broadcaster holds rights to show live matches from the Barclays Premier League and FA Cup.

During the announcement of the company's first quarter financial results, Iger also claimed that ESPN's main focus was on the US and that everywhere else was less of a concern. "ESPN

I doubt it, there are rumours they could quit the UK when their current deals finish.

ESPN are contracted to show SPL, FA Cup games,Europa league along with other sports till end of 2014/15 season, while they will obviously lose subscriptions due to not having EPL games, they will "save"

One thing that no one has mentioned from what I can see, if a Newco is let back in the SPL, what would happen to them if they go the same way as OLDCO (without 3years Europe money, they will continue haemorrhaging money if they keep players on existing contracts)

I can see us being back here in a season or two time discussing Newco2

Daily Retard regurgitating the Evening Express's story that 97% of Dandies are opposed to any sort of Newco, just so if the SPL chairmen have their secret ballot and tell the Hun to GTF, the Record can act all torn faced and bitter towards AFC. Just like usual, the West Coast Media have never forgiven us for the audacity of winning piles of trophies back in the day.

• Upvote 1

My thoughts exactly Boofon, also if ESPN really wanted the EPL deal they would have bid whatever it took, they are funded by The Disney Company FFS

Regarding the SPL deal, I see that the Record today are fibbing reporting that Sky will tear up the deal WHEN the hun drop out of the SPL. My thoughts on this, call their f*cking bluff, let ESPN, BBC, STV bid and while the cash will be significantly smaller in total, the split will be equal

Daily Retard regurgitating the Evening Express's story that 97% of Dandies are opposed to any sort of Newco, just so if the SPL chairmen have their secret ballot and tell the Hun to GTF, the Record can act all torn faced and bitter towards AFC. Just like usual, the West Coast Media have never forgiven us for the audacity of winning piles of trophies back in the day.

It is a dispicable rag of a paper. Off topic but if you read the story on Arneson from 9 June, totally skewed version of what the actual story is. The only consolation is to know that almost everyone in that newsroom is distraught just now at their beloved hun falling apart in front of their very eyes and there is nothing they can do to stop it. :lolrangers: :lolrangers:

Good, let AFC be there next port of call for abuse and blame, bring it on, fuck the scum.

The daily record is saying that Sky will only accept rangers being demoted to the 1st division so that they will only be out of the spl for one season:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/2012/06/14/rangers-in-crisis-sky-tv-threaten-to-tear-up-tv-deal-if-ibrox-club-is-demoted-to-division-three-86908-23895647/

So what happens if they don't get promotion?? We'll be in exactly the same position next season with Sky threatening to pull the plug as the new contract will have conditions for pulling the plug if rangers are not in the spl next season.

We need to get back to basics, fxxk the tv deal get fans back to games and ensure that changes are made to make the league more competitive, a more competitive league will bring fans back, we're all glory hunters any sniff of success will fill the grounds!!

That was personally sanctioned by Millertime. :thumbs:

It's crazy money. How many folk do BT actually have as a target audience at the moment and will this be through BT Vision? :dontknow:

They will have to have a channel on SKY which is monthly subscription based.

SKY will just show Celtic most weekends which will keep the viewing figures up, and then have to show more of the rest,

Its not like many people get SKY just for the SPL, so I very much doubt SKY would see much subscriptions lost if Rangers were not in the SPL.

SKY will just show Celtic most weekends which will keep the viewing figures up, and then have to show more of the rest,

Its not like many people get SKY just for the SPL, so I very much doubt SKY would see much subscriptions lost if Rangers were not in the SPL.

Correct EPL is the reason most people get SKY