Where Are They Now

Heard Liverpool written off Ramsay and looking at his exit strategy. Got slaughtered by Preston manager after his loan there. Wouldn’t be surprised if ends up back at Aberdeen and he will do well eventually imo.

13 minutes ago, RUL said:

Heard Liverpool written off Ramsay and looking at his exit strategy. Got slaughtered by Preston manager after his loan there. Wouldn’t be surprised if ends up back at Aberdeen and he will do well eventually imo.

Shame for the lad that its not worked out for him

27 minutes ago, RUL said:

I would like to see him back. Had a hard time in England but he is better than what we have right now for his position.

49 minutes ago, RUL said:

Shame, min. Really promising talent. It really has gone tits up for him, basically as soon as he arrived. Nae easy for a young loon, especially at Liverpool. Horrible injuries and had clearly lost a lot of confidence.

maybe loved to soon, but with 4odd million on the table, I’m sure he was fucking driven to Liverpool to sign 

1 minute ago, donswin1983 said:

Shame, min. Really promising talent. It really has gone tits up for him, basically as soon as he arrived. Nae easy for a young loon, especially at Liverpool. Horrible injuries and had clearly lost a lot of confidence.

maybe loved to soon, but with 4odd million on the table, I’m sure he was fucking driven to Liverpool to sign 

Defo. Nobody was turning that down on all fronts but it’s like his body has broken down. Hopefully he can get fully fit.

• Upvote 2
6 minutes ago, RUL said:

Defo. Nobody was turning that down on all fronts but it’s like his body has broken down. Hopefully he can get fully fit.

I know you’re quite close to the pro youth stuff, mate. We discussed before.

Would you say he was a standout as he went through our system? 

36 minutes ago, Oregon Red said:

I would like to see him back. Had a hard time in England but he is better than what we have right now for his position.

He's not going to take massive wage cut to come back now when he'll pick up a contract with Championship or League 1 team and our budget wouldn't stretch to another physio to deal with his injury issues

16 minutes ago, donswin1983 said:

I know you’re quite close to the pro youth stuff, mate. We discussed before.

Would you say he was a standout as he went through our system? 

Absolutely. Mcinnes wanted him in with first team at 15. Always a stand out. 

12 minutes ago, RDS said:

He's not going to take massive wage cut to come back now when he'll pick up a contract with Championship or League 1 team and our budget wouldn't stretch to another physio to deal with his injury issues

Agree with you to be fair, although maybe a loan is possible initially? I noticed he’s not playing at Bolton either now. Think for us he would need a run of games from somewhere before taking back because we couldn’t afford to risk him being injured.

For me he'd be a massive risk to sign permanently. 

As has been said, his loan at Preston was an unmitigated disaster, barely played and their manager was absolutely scathing about him.

Now at Bolton and again as has been said, isn't getting a game there now either and in recent matches hasn't even been making their bench. It may be he's injured but can't see anything to confirm that.

You have to wonder what lies in store for him in both his near and long term future. Liverpool will view the transfer fee they paid for him as chicken feed in the grand scheme of things and would just write that off. But if he can't get a game at an EFL1 club (albeit one that is going well and may well end up promoted) you have to wonder just who is going to want him. I'd be ok with us taking him in on loan in the summer to see how things went but I wouldn't be expecting a great deal from him. Sadly I suspect the injuries he's had have ruined him.

• Upvote 2
50 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Bring him home on loan next season. 

Absolute no brainer 

Maybe , but only if we’ve already brought in at least two new solid central defenders first.  I’m assuming Gartenmann and Jensen will be gone. 🤞

Priority has to be sorting out the defence.  Ramsay was pretty poor defensively for us , and with his lack of competitive games since he left us I can’t think he’ll have improved that part of his game much , if any.

And that doesn’t even take his fitness/injury issues into account. We’ll need to be fairly confident he’s going to be available for selection.

Far from a no-brainer.

4 minutes ago, redone said:

Maybe , but only if we’ve already brought in at least two new solid central defenders first.  I’m assuming Gartenmann and Jensen will be gone. 🤞

Priority has to be sorting out the defence.  Ramsay was pretty poor defensively for us , and with his lack of competitive games since he left us I can’t think he’ll have improved that part of his game much , if any.

And that doesn’t even take his fitness/injury issues into account. We’ll need to be fairly confident he’s going to be available for selection.

Far from a no-brainer.

I'd play him right midfield. 

He came alive when he was taking on full backs 

On 3/3/2024 at 11:21 PM, Ten Caat said:

For me he'd be a massive risk to sign permanently. 

As has been said, his loan at Preston was an unmitigated disaster, barely played and their manager was absolutely scathing about him.

Now at Bolton and again as has been said, isn't getting a game there now either and in recent matches hasn't even been making their bench. It may be he's injured but can't see anything to confirm that.

You have to wonder what lies in store for him in both his near and long term future. Liverpool will view the transfer fee they paid for him as chicken feed in the grand scheme of things and would just write that off. But if he can't get a game at an EFL1 club (albeit one that is going well and may well end up promoted) you have to wonder just who is going to want him. I'd be ok with us taking him in on loan in the summer to see how things went but I wouldn't be expecting a great deal from him. Sadly I suspect the injuries he's had have ruined him.

Not sure if it's injuries or what but look at what Bradley has done at Liverpool, and they're the same age. He's no chance there now.

2 hours ago, Torry Tosser said:

Dean Campbell player of the season for Barrow,English League 1 and Championship clubs looking at him.

Was always technically decent enough, just needed to impose himself on games more.

Not surprised to hear he seems to be improving after finally getting a run of regular football somewhere.

2 hours ago, Torry Tosser said:

Dean Campbell player of the season for Barrow,English League 1 and Championship clubs looking at him.

Delighted for him, think he needed to get away from Aberdeen and has flourished now.

• Upvote 2
1 minute ago, Arthur FN Shelby said:

Barron will come good after he leaves Aberdeen. I think he is a great player on his day, just needs the proper manager for him to flourish.

Lennon is the man for the job.  Had a very similar playing style to Barron.

2 hours ago, ullevi said:

Delighted for him, think he needed to get away from Aberdeen and has flourished now.

Always feel local players who come through the youth system seem to get more criticism than players the club bring in from other clubs. I have always been more supportive of our home grown players.