Tour De France

Bradley Wiggins and Chris Froome aren't half going some in this.

David Millar away with it today as well. (His autobiography is fascinating reading as well)

Looks like the Brits are sticking it to everyone this year so far.

It's great viewing at times.

And Scotsman David Millar just won todays stage thumbs.gif

Tour de France is magic viewing, especially in the mountains, Yesterday being a prime example.

And Scotsman David Millar just won todays stage thumbs.gif

Tour de France is magic viewing, especially in the mountains, Yesterday being a prime example.

Actually, from the bit I saw on the news, "Britain's David Millar won the stage, the first since the Scotsman was banned for drug taking in 2002" Guff Wanks.

Great input as always.

Wiggins got burned by a flare held by some bampot in the crowd yesterday.

Wouldn't surprise me at all to see some other lunatic try and pull something later in the tour. The French won't like a Brit winning it one bit.

And there you go.

Tacks sprinkled all over the road on that big climb where the team cars aren't allowed to travel on because it's too narrow. Evans with two punctures and Wiggins with a puncture also.

Incredibly sporting that Team Sky hold back a bit to let Evans catch up despite him being their main rival for the tour.

And there you go.

Tacks sprinkled all over the road on that big climb where the team cars aren't allowed to travel on because it's too narrow. Evans with two punctures and Wiggins with a puncture also.

Incredibly sporting that Team Sky hold back a bit to let Evans catch up despite him being their main rival for the tour.

The Daily Mash's take on the tack episode. :hysterical:

Wile E Coyote

THE Tour de France

• 1 month later...

Well that was some month of cycling. Shame Cav never got the Olympic title on day 1.

Just when you thought cycling was out of the headlines along comes this.

Incredible development. :ThumbsDown:

Lance gives up

Read this earlier,

His actions of no longer fighting the allegations against his would suggest the evidence is damming against him, which apparently included 10+ former team mates willing to testify his guilt.

All the more incredible that during his career he had 100s of drug tests which he passed each one.

Sounds to me like he is a wee bit worried about what they have on him.

Drug cheat or not he still did remarkable things after what he went through

Livestrong people ;)

Yeah I thought that as well at first but if they have anything on him they are going to spill the beans regardless so he'd be as well fighting it.

What I dont get is, if he passed 500-600 drug tests in his career why are they now saying between 2009-2010 they have samples that are consistent with doping. Surley this would have been brought up in the tests where they had actually found these consistencies.

If not, why not.

Something does not sit right.

Tests taken in 2009 and 2010 have nothing to do with his Tour de France wins anyway. :nutso:

But why would the US doping agency conduct a witch hunt against the sports greatest cyclist, an American, without damming evidence.

I don't know the answer to that I'm afraid. It's very odd.

On a side note they are saying they will strip his Tour de France titles.

Isn't that a bit like the English Football Association trying to say that dead rangers are being stripped of their titles?

What have the USADA got to do with the Tour? Surely it's the French who make that decision?

I don't know the answer to that I'm afraid. It's very odd.

On a side note they are saying they will strip his Tour de France titles.

Isn't that a bit like the English Football Association trying to say that dead rangers are being stripped of their titles?

What have the USADA got to do with the Tour? Surely it's the French who make that decision?

The UCI ( International Cycling Union ) the sports governing body, are to make a statement later today, but the USADA presume they will recognize there decision and impose it.