Sevco Thread

Tune!

Tomorrow being their twelve year death day anniversary....

A long, long time ago
I can still remember how their spending used to make them smile
And I knew if they had the chance
They'd continue doing the tax dodge dance
And maybe they'd be happy for a while.

But February made them shiver,
With every late bill that's delivered,
Bad news Mr Murray
You surely bailed in a hurry.
I can't remember if I cried,
When I read about the unpaid balloon guy, 
But something crumbled down Govan side,
The day Glasgow Rangers died!

So bye bye Mr sectarian guy,
Took your credit to the limit with bills you deny.
The Billy boys can drink their Buckfast and cry
'Cause on this day you let your club die.
This day you let your club die.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 10

From todays BBC Football Gossip -

"Rangers value goalkeeper Jack Butland at around £10-15m as the 30-year-old Englishman's stock continues to rise following his summer move from Crystal Palace. (Football Insider)"

&

"New Rangers chief finance officer James Taylor has mapped out the Ibrox club's plan to wipe out the £10.5m pre-player trading loss that chairman John Bennett told shareholders "had to go away" and to "keep an eye on" at their annual meeting. (The Herald)"

Wonder if the plan is to "sell Jack Butland"!?!?

Just fucking annoying that they have picked up a gem who they could make a hefty return on. 

31 minutes ago, For Fecks Sake said:

"Rangers value goalkeeper Jack Butland at around £10-15m as the 30-year-old Englishman's stock continues to rise following his summer move from Crystal Palace. (Football Insider)"

&

"New Rangers chief finance officer James Taylor has mapped out the Ibrox club's plan to wipe out the £10.5m pre-player trading loss that chairman John Bennett told shareholders "had to go away" and to "keep an eye on" at their annual meeting. (The Herald)"

Just fucking annoying that they have picked up a gem who they could make a hefty return on. 

Who the fuck is paying 10-15m for a 30 year old goalie that was available 6 months ago on a free? No chance.

• Upvote 6
52 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Tune!

Tomorrow being their twelve year death day anniversary....

A long, long time ago
I can still remember how their spending used to make them smile
And I knew if they had the chance
They'd continue doing the tax dodge dance
And maybe they'd be happy for a while.

But February made them shiver,
With every late bill that's delivered,
Bad news Mr Murray
You surely bailed in a hurry.
I can't remember if I cried,
When I read about the unpaid balloon guy, 
But something crumbled down Govan side,
The day Glasgow Rangers died!

So bye bye Mr sectarian guy,
Took your credit to the limit with bills you deny.
The Billy boys can drink their Buckfast and cry
'Cause on this day you let your club die.
This day you let your club die.

Glorious Tommy 

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

Who the fuck is paying 10-15m for a 30 year old goalie that was available 6 months ago on a free? No chance.

He’d had also only played a handful of games over the last three seasons before being released by Palace.
Forest were rumoured to be interested in January so that’s where the vastly over inflated price came from and then Forest spent 5 million on Matz Sels so I expect they valued Butland around that figure which would be a fair price in my opinion 

• Upvote 1

He's unquestionably the best 'keeper in the SPL and sevco landed on their feet managing to sign him up for free. 

Sadly they'll make a shitload of wonga for him, possibly as early as this summer. They'll certainly beat the £5m level that Forest were rumoured to have offered in January. I don't see him reaching the £15m price that's been quoted but it wouldn't surprise me if he did make it up to the £10m mark.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
On 2/3/2024 at 10:10 AM, Millertime said:

Haha that's the thing though, even their fans think there's a conspiracy in favour of the other one too

I genuinely don't think any ref out and out cheats, I honestly dont

What did you put the very obvious imbalance in decisions favouring the bigots down to, in that case (sevco in particular) 

Crowd pressure? peer pressure? Incompetence?

or do you not feel their is an imbalance? 

6 hours ago, For Fecks Sake said:

&

These are the same cunts that repeatedly devalue the likes of Shankland and Miovski, whilst rimming the arseholes of anything Hun or Tim and add on a million with each circuit of the ring piece. 

2 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

He's unquestionably the best 'keeper in the SPL and sevco landed on their feet managing to sign him up for free. 

Sadly they'll make a shitload of wonga for him, possibly as early as this summer. They'll certainly beat the £5m level that Forest were rumoured to have offered in January. I don't see him reaching the £15m price that's been quoted but it wouldn't surprise me if he did make it up to the £10m mark.

G'wa tih fuk min. 

3 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

A lot will depend too if he wants to play for England again.  With all respect he can maybe get into the squad as 3rd choice possibly 2nd choice as a push at Rangers but really he needs to be playing at a better level despite what McCoist and the huns think.  If they demand £15 million they will basically close the door on his international future

4 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Any club that does its due diligence will see that rangers have to clear that debt and make a lowball offer. As has been said he was available on a free 6 months ago and nobody was interested. A few good games against strikers like Curtis Main, Zach Robinson and Kyle Vassel is hardly top tier stuff. The vast majority of the teams they play every week are shit and rarely even get a chance.

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, Millertime said:

Similar story with Duk, no?

Well no actually because Huns never actually received ANY offers for Morelos, especially not their over inflated valuation & eventually lost him for nothing less than humiliation & ridicule which is something they already had in abundance 🤷

5 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Hopefully that hideous hun gutbucket is no longer drawing breath.

The world automatically becomes a better place.

FTH. 

He's definitely dead, I read that a while back. Closely followed by a couple of his pall bearers I would imagine! 

3 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Well no actually because Huns never actually received ANY offers for Morelos, especially not their over inflated valuation & eventually lost him for nothing less than humiliation & ridicule which is something they already had in abundance 🤷

They did receive offers

I'll give you some advice here

When you lie, you discredit your whole argument as you shouldn't need to lie, if you have a strong case to begin with