Sevco Thread

22 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

The interesting part of that story is that the Huns seem to think they can dictate what the police presence should be.  Is that normal?

Hmm not what I took from it.

The way I read it, both clubs have received info that the Celtic support may include elements in it that might cause trouble to erupt (Green Brigade???). In light of this, the rozzers think a larger than normal police presence (usually zero!) would be advisable at the match but with it being so close to match day, they're unable to put such resources in place at so short notice.

Rather than cancel the game altogether, sevco wifies have just chosen to cancel the Celtic wifies' allocation

On 2/13/2024 at 11:04 AM, Ten Caat said:

He's unquestionably the best 'keeper in the SPL and sevco landed on their feet managing to sign him up for free. 

Sadly they'll make a shitload of wonga for him, possibly as early as this summer. They'll certainly beat the £5m level that Forest were rumoured to have offered in January. I don't see him reaching the £15m price that's been quoted but it wouldn't surprise me if he did make it up to the £10m mark.

Agree, he's far and away the best keeper in the league and one of the reasons they have the best defensive record in the league. Lucky to get him out of contract not entirely free though, reportedly on around 26K a week but agree again that if they decide to sell they can pull a major chunk of cash for him. To recover those wages and more. 

Though I don't think that will happen this summer and especially not if they make Champions league. He will still have 3 years on his contract this summer and if they make CL who wouldn't want to play there, it might be the only chance he ever gets. And if he performed well there maybe even a top 4 English side might come in.

• Haha 1
15 hours ago, Lan_Lad said:

Agree, he's far and away the best keeper in the league and one of the reasons they have the best defensive record in the league. Lucky to get him out of contract not entirely free though, reportedly on around 26K a week but agree again that if they decide to sell they can pull a major chunk of cash for him. To recover those wages and more. 

Though I don't think that will happen this summer and especially not if they make Champions league. He will still have 3 years on his contract this summer and if they make CL who wouldn't want to play there, it might be the only chance he ever gets. And if he performed well there maybe even a top 4 English side might come in.

He was available for free and nobody wanted him. He’s looked decent in a shit league where only 2 or 3 strikers are of a good standard.

4 hours ago, Big Hat Logan said:

He was available for free and nobody wanted him. He’s looked decent in a shit league where only 2 or 3 strikers are of a good standard.

Yet reportedly he's being called up for England, and has played in European competition this season and will still play at least two more Euro games. Unless England don't have a few good keepers, he's good.