Afc: Opinion On League Reconstruction

Milne has criticised St Mirren for changing their minds on reconstruction and has said it is absolutely vital the 12-12-18 plan is passed.

Disgusted we are supporting this utterly ridiculous set up.

I think the 12-12-18 thing is a complete nonsense, particularly the 12-12 splitting into 3 divisions.

However getting one league body, play offs throughout, more teams up and down each year, more cash distributed to div1 teams are all good things that we need to do now.

So this may be the only way to get it all through. Don't ask me why we can't do those things without a stupid league structure because I don't know but I do know I've fed up watching the 2 league bodies fighting with each other, almost no relegation/promotion and all the cash being divied up to the top 2 teams in the SPL.

Milne has criticised St Mirren for changing their minds on reconstruction and has said it is absolutely vital the 12-12-18 plan is passed.

Disgusted we are supporting this utterly ridiculous set up.

the new plan goes hand in hand with 11-1 vote staying for at least three years.

Milne is a fucktard

I just couldn't for the life of me fathom why they would want to keep that in place.

The only reason I could possibly think of is perhaps Milne, Lawell etc know full well that as soon as they remove the 11-1 stranglehold clubs like St Mirren and Kilmarnock will propose bumping the new Rangers up the league and lots of clubs will vote for it.

No idea if that's why, just a theory.

Someone should tell Milne that black shirt looks fu*king ridiculous ...My father in law and brother in law are big St Mirren fans who speak highly of the boy Gilmour ...pity I can never say a good word about our Chairman...he's a prick of the highest order...an embarrassment to the club.

Well can you ask them to ask Gilmour why he agreed to the 12-12-18 in January, then after meeting with Charles Green he has apparently changed his mind.

Someone should tell Milne that black shirt looks fu*king ridiculous ...My father in law and brother in law are big St Mirren fans who speak highly of the boy Gilmour ...pity I can never say a good word about our Chairman...he's a prick of the highest order...an embarrassment to the club.

Well can you ask them to ask Gilmour why he agreed to the 12-12-18 in January, then after meeting with Charles Green he has apparently changed his mind.

He spoke with the clubs fans it seems. A radical new idea for these idiot chairmen!!

Aberdeen's position is fucking embarassing. A chairman admitting that they havent' bothered consulting with the fans, but after it's approved will then TELL them why it's the best thing for them.

Then admits the 11-1 structure, regardless of league votes, will stay in place, to protect undisclosed positions. Absoloute shite from Milne.

Agree with him when he casts aside a larger league.

are there any other countries that see their teams play each other four times a season?

Doesnt really matter, but ...12 teams in Danish league. 12 in Finnish. 10 in Swiss. 10 in Austrian. Although 16 in Belgian Swedish and Norweigian.

Danish league they play each other 3 times...I assume it's probably the same for other leagues?

He spoke with the clubs fans it seems. A radical new idea for these idiot chairmen!!

So why did he say to all other 11 chairmen in January that St Mirren were behind it then?

I don't trust the cunt.

two things i prefer to this idea!!!

1. get rid of the two governing bodies..... Sfl and SPL as 1

2. no need for league reconstruction... just remove the top/bottom 6 and introduce a playoff system... bottom two go down!!

as for wiggy?!? hes just a fud in a shite suit!

Strikes me that if the voting system is 11-1 then some cunt should propose that Celtic start each season on -50 points every season, and that if SevCo get in to the SPL they should start with -50 points to... Vote it through 11-1, then you have a far more interesting league.

How hard was that Doncaster you fud...

are there any other countries that see their teams play each other four times a season?

Doesnt really matter, but ...12 teams in Danish league. 12 in Finnish. 10 in Swiss. 10 in Austrian. Although 16 in Belgian Swedish and Norweigian.

The Norwegian league went to 16 from 14 in 2010 and it has been a disaster.

Too many shitey wee teams making it in to the top flight with attendances down round 1-2000 for some games.

two things i prefer to this idea!!!

1. get rid of the two governing bodies..... Sfl and SPL as 1

2. no need for league reconstruction... just remove the top/bottom 6 and introduce a playoff system... bottom two go down!!

as for wiggy?!? hes just a fud in a shite suit!

I'd agree with this, why does everything have to be included under the one package, why is this the only option on the table.

I would be ecstatic if for now we got the one governing body, a better voting system and the introduction of play offs and better financial redistribution of mone.

We should shelve the league format plans for now, they're half arsed and nobody wants them, start with the decisions that every man and their dog agrees with and go from there.

Too many shitey wee teams making it in to the top flight with attendances down round 1-2000 for some games.

Yeah wouldn't want any more than the current 12 in Scotland.

Bripods right, would you rather go to see Aberdeen V Hearts/Dundee United twice at Pittdorie, or Aberdeen v Hearts and Aberdeen v Livingstone?

Bripods right, would you rather go to see Aberdeen V Hearts/Dundee United twice at Pittdorie, or Aberdeen v Hearts and Aberdeen v Livingstone?

depends whats at stake in that particular game.

I've never heard of Livingstone, can't say I'd be too enthused about seeing them at all.

• Downvote 1

Er...yes, you could say that about ANY game no matter how big or small the league is.

Generally speaking...

Er...yes, you could say that about ANY game no matter how big or small the league is.

Generally speaking...

If we are competing and playing decent fitba then the opposition is irrelevant

Generally speaking...

Fuck it lets just have one league of 42.

• Upvote 1

Generally speaking...

er..........ok

Generally speaking...

er..........ok

I fail to see your point then. Meaningful games and if we're playing well will provide more attractive fixtures against whoever than meaningless games playing shite?

The sky is blue.

What's it got to do with the size of the league?

• Upvote 1

More people might attend an Aberdeen v Hearts/Dundee United at Pittodrie if they knew that was going to be only time they'd visit Pittodrie that season.

Maybe not, but it's just a thought.

I am really sick fed up of Scottish Football at the moment, the hierarchy are headless chickens, Sevco continue to be a national embarrassment and AFC, as always, are just simply existing, nothing more, nothing less.

I hope McInnes is the man to, as he puts it, make me fall back in love with the whole thing.

Nae holding my breath though.

He is, I've been saying this from day 1, I've never understood this clamour for a 16 team league or the assumption that all Scottish Football fans want it, the 12 teams is just right!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Yeah wouldn't want any more than the current 12 in Scotland. Bripods right, would you rather go to see Aberdeen V Hearts/Dundee United twice at Pittdorie, or Aberdeen v Hearts and Aberdeen v Livingstone?

He is, I've been saying this from day 1, I've never understood this clamour for a 16 team league or the assumption that all Scottish Football fans want it, the 12 teams is just right!

There are just too many games against the same clubs. People talk about meaningless games, well we have 5 coming up

Under the current proposals the first two rounds of fixtures are more important than ever ebfore as everyone fights like fuck to stay out of the bottom 4.

Under a 16 team league there's a host of meaningless games in the middle of the league given a maximum of two teams will be likely to win the league.

St Mirren are against the proposals because there's far more chance of them being relegated under them than there is in a bigger league, simple.

their chairman says otherwise and he does not advocate a 16 team league. He's actually totally against it for financial reasons. He's voting against the new structure because he believes the 11-1 vote is one of scottish footballs biggest obstacles.