Michael Hector

Looked at that stage that his legs had pretty much gone, as did a few others. Bit worrying since fitness has been one of our main assets this season but then again we had just run our cunts off a man down.

Maybe the break is coming at just the right time for us although bit of bummer going into it on that defeat.

To me in my position in the South stand it looked like hector had his weight balance all wrong for the change of direction so when he did it it was very ungainly

Some of the comments of being dreadful and dire are a bit harsh - it wasn't a case of bad position or poor reading - his weight (mass with direction) was all in the wrong place. if he had needed to go the other way it would have been much more "swan like" Donbt think it would have mattered if he was centre half right back or striker if the weight vector is all wrong you'll look ungainly

To me in my position in the South stand it looked like hector had his weight balance all wrong for the change of direction so when he did it it was very ungainly

Some of the comments of being dreadful and dire are a bit harsh - it wasn't a case of bad position or poor reading - his weight (mass with direction) was all in the wrong place. if he had needed to go the other way it would have been much more "swan like" Donbt think it would have mattered if he was centre half right back or striker if the weight vector is all wrong you'll look ungainly

:laughing:

That's straw clutching.

He was honking for the second goal. Not just cos he got totally caught out but he made no effort to make up for it. He just jogged along behind but in saying that. Had he made any effort to tackle (after his initial fuck up) he'd have given a penalty away with the mood Brines was in.

Fuck me it was shite defending, nothing to do about 'weight vectors' or whatever you are on about.

"Sorry gaffer my weight vector was all wrong there."

LOL

I don't know about that.

I've noticed that Jamie Langfields weight vector has been slightly off quite often in the past & this has made him look worse than he is sometimes.

Appreciate his best position is not at full back although it would be interesting to know where Clark Robertson and Joe Shaughnessy saw their best positions... For me I've seen him a number of times and I don't get the fuss over him; he's 21 and gets pulled all over the place and is way behind Reynolds, Considine and Anderson for me (Joe and Clark may be better centre halves too given the chance). I'd be tempted to send him back in January as we must have an equivalent youngster at the club (or someone not far off and younger) and use the budget elsewhere on a permanent solution.

To be fair he did play well against Patrick and had the bonus of scoring and setting up another so perhaps there is something there, I'm just far from convinced.

Tough one.

I think have enough cover at CB as it is, and believe it would be more beneficial to try and source proper full backs, that actually offer something when going forward.

On the other hand, I think if we get the chance to sign Hector on a free transfer then we should snap him up as he could make us a lot of money a few years down the road.

True. But I don't think there's any chance of him staying at Pittodrie beyond this season anyway. So if he is going to improve it'll be nae use to us.

And at the moment I'd put him behind Reynolds and Considine so I've always questioned why we got him in a position we're covered in.

Considine was injured and Anderson is unlikely to play every game

11 clubs he's been loaned out to. Aberdeen he's did well at and seems to be enjoying it.

I don't see why he won't be with us next season IF McInnes wants him.

If he loves the city, and is enjoying his football, see no reason at all as to why he'd want to sign on the dotted line.

We have a young team here and he'll get better.

We're building something that could turn out to be very good 2 years down the line.

As impressed as I've been with Hector, I can't see McInnes signing both him and Kamiński up for next season.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

That Jamaican team reads like a Scotland team... consisting predominantly of Englishmen from the lower tiers of English football.

What a fall from grace for Giles Barnes - he looked quality when he was a teenager. Papped out of Donny Rovers a few years ago, I see he's been playing in the MLS for the past couple of seasons.