Champions League

Basically turning the champions league into an American style franchise system. 20 or so biggest clubs leaving their domestic leagues to compete in a super league. Will include teams from out with Europe before long I reckon also.

Tonight's game is Shanghai Dragons VS Real Madrid in the global finance League of Nations.

Bought and sold for Murdoch's gold.

I see by sports viewing figures are sub par so far.

I suspect this is not their coverage but more likely a growing disaffection with the routine nature of Europe premier competition.

Good to see the common punter voting with his remote control.

More of the same next year and we may see an end to the rubbish 'league' section of the competition

I am continuing to make the most of having BT Sport by going to the cinema tonight. Yet to watch a Champions League game. Finding it way too difficult to give a shit.

I'm the same, have BT sport but have zero interest watching CL, would have watched either of the Scottish cup replays, is handy for the Dons games but fast becoming an expense I could do without, same goes for Sky sports, handy for the NFL but I'm not sure I'm going to continue paying for it much longer, will probably leave both till the end of the season then they're getting punted.

CL has been killed by the money men, only so long you can serve the same drivel with the same teams year after year and retain peoples interest, joe public likes knock out football where the minnow has a chance against the big boys in one off games, current format is crap.

I'm the same, have BT sport but have zero interest watching CL, would have watched either of the Scottish cup replays, is handy for the Dons games but fast becoming an expense I could do without, same goes for Sky sports, handy for the NFL but I'm not sure I'm going to continue paying for it much longer, will probably leave both till the end of the season then they're getting punted.

CL has been killed by the money men, only so long you can serve the same drivel with the same teams year after year and retain peoples interest, joe public likes knock out football where the minnow has a chance against the big boys in one off games, current format is crap.

Everyone in England going tits for the EPL because Leicester have a genuine chance of winning. The league and media hyping the fact the ultimate underdog could win the league and knock the big clubs off their perch.

Meanwhile, in Scotland...

haha aye, but...

the "underdog" is still paying their players £75k a week

not exactly utter minnows, are they?

It's all relative, in comparison to the likes of the Arsenal and man city they are minnows. It's a different world down there.

The difference between us and down south is that they welcome and encourage the underdog like Leicester. Up here our media pine for Celtic to win it by 20-30 points a season whilst being very dismissive of our chances

haha aye, but...

Has Vardy not just been offered that deal? Was he not on about £30k at the start of the season?

As VDA says though, down there it's being marketed as 'come and watch this football league as something amazing might happen'.

Up here it's "well it's not really a title chase is it, but it would be great if it was".

haha aye, but...

The difference between Leicester and the highest wage bill is just over 4 times. Celtic pay just under 7 times what we pay. Not to mention that there's a lot more teams to take points off teams at the top dan saaf.

not really

celtic sign players for £5m, we sign players for £300k

celtic give wages of £20k to players, we give £3k

that's a lot more disproportionate than down south

Who did Celtic sign for £5m recently? Where do your figures come from MT?

I'm not saying our situations are identical but they are similar. Leicester also have several sides to compete with who are giants down south, we have one team to take on.

Anyway it's not a competition to see who has it harder, us or Leicester. The point is we are both underdogs in our respective leagues and it would amazing if either of us did it.