Annual Financial Report

Guest RosemountRed

What fkn climb down?

You even quoted what I said & I stick by it.

I do not need to come up with another stadium project to compare but MOST major projects involving multi millions to complete. End up costing a shitload more. THAT was my point. My opinion. Why don't you come up with some similar builds that have come in on (or under) the estimated budgets?

For one fkn thing... I never said it had a finalised budget in the fkn first place.

I also repeated E-P-K when he said Hearts stand came in over estimated budget. That was by over £2m (so far) & that is just a simple stand.

Also why does it have to be a stadium project? All I said was most major projects like this... which can cover a wide range of things & infrastructure.

The forth rd bridge repairs for example... major project that was over budget

The NEW forth rd crossing.... major project that was over budget

The Scottish parliament buildings.....major project was over budget

Just because Hull City managed to build theirs on budget, doesn't mean all football stadium major projects will be so lucky.

No shitebag climb down in the fkn slightest, as all I have said is that most major construction projects run over the initial estimated budgets because I am not a fool & know (& knew from the start) that the initial estimate was a sweetener to get folk onside & believing in it & that there was no possible way they would get it done with £38m or less.

Did the queensferry crossing nae come in like 200m under budget?

Guest milne_afc

Are they fantastic? We would have made a loss if we had not sold Hayes in a season where we came 2nd in every competition.

I see we've taken a hit on the value of Pittodrie also, now down to £15.25M.

Was thinking this also. Really quite poor considering the on field "success".

#MilneOut

player sales for the season was £667k being the cash sales and any accruals relating to guaranteed further payments ie assuming im not forgetting about anyone else (?) then £667k is the min fee for hayes

It's a net figure, so presumably includes any money we spent on fees. Was it ever confirmed if we paid something to get Stewart & Christie on loan? And something for GMS perhaps. Can't remember if there would be anyone else.

Also why does it have to be a stadium project? All I said was most major projects like this... which can cover a wide range of things & infrastructure.

The forth rd bridge repairs for example... major project that was over budget

The NEW forth rd crossing.... major project that was over budget

The Scottish parliament buildings.....major project was over budget

Hahahaha, what a clown you really are.

You would have to be completely thick to compare a small-medium sized football ground, built with local and private money, to a major politically focused, publicly funded infrastructure project like the Edinburgh trams or the Forth bridge. Why don't you compare it to Big Bens clock or the new high speed rail network? Hahaha. I know, the M8 missing link? They are all "projects like this", aren't they?

Like I said. Just give up because you have nothing to back up your claim. There is no comparative evidence to support a claim that when Aberdeen FC actually produce a detailed budget as to the final cost of its new stadium, at commencement of build, the actual cost will be way over that figure.

This is why people don't really argue with you, they just laugh at you.

Out of interest, are you about 12 years old?

Due to currency changes and fluctuations and bad weather delaying its construction, it went over budget, but not due to incompetence etc.

If I recall correctly, the budgets for certain stages of the build were actually under. At one stage, because of early completion etc, money destined for the bridge was actually reported as being put into the A9 upgrade to help with it's early completion (of certain stages). By completion of the bridge, the totals were over the hoped for 'budget' but within margins. It was essentially time that caused this like you said, something that was unfortunately down to weather. They hoped for better but were prepared for the worst.

If I recall correctly, the budgets for certain stages of the build were actually under. At one stage, because of early completion etc, money destined for the bridge was actually reported as being put into the A9 upgrade to help with it's early completion (of certain stages). By completion of the bridge, the totals were over the hoped for 'budget' but within margins. It was essentially time that caused this like you said, something that was unfortunately down to weather. They hoped for better but were prepared for the worst.

My mistake then.

Hahahaha, what a clown you really are.

You would have to be completely thick to compare a small-medium sized football ground, built with local and private money, to a major politically focused, publicly funded infrastructure project like the Edinburgh trams or the Forth bridge. Why don't you compare it to Big Bens clock or the new high speed rail network? Hahaha. I know, the M8 missing link? They are all "projects like this", aren't they?

Like I said. Just give up because you have nothing to back up your claim. There is no comparative evidence to support a claim that when Aberdeen FC actually produce a detailed budget as to the final cost of its new stadium, at commencement of build, the actual cost will be way over that figure.

This is why people don't really argue with you, they just laugh at you.

Out of interest, are you about 12 years old?

Ok so the stadium will be built for the originally estimated £38m in your opinion then?

My opinion remains that I am not stupid enough to believe that this project will be completed for that, or close.

It will in fact cost a good few million more than the original estimated £38m. Which was always a fanciful figure thrown out to get folk to believe in the project in the first place.

IT WILL COST MORE. Like most major projects (as in those costing tens of millions) do. Especially in this country.

Let's see who is right if the stadium project ever goes ahead/gets completed.

weve probably deliberately wrote down the land value to take a loss to the P&L to avoid paying tax on the profit

I see the £667k is a net figure so will include any transfer fees out before end June so thats the Greg Stewart fee, £150k, and anything we paid up front for Christie, unknown.

So so far we know we got at least 817k for hayes

Guest milne_afc

weve probably deliberately wrote down the land value to take a loss to the P&L to avoid paying tax on the profit

I see the £667k is a net figure so will include any transfer fees out before end June so thats the Greg Stewart fee, £150k, and anything we paid up front for Christie, unknown.

150k for one year of an overweight G Stewart?

At least that explains the need to commit fraud as per your opening gambit.

Surely we are not paying Celtic a loan fee for us to develop their young talent.