Rio Olympics 2016

That was an incredible tennis match. Del potro is back and I hope he stays at that level of tennis.

Two gold Olympic medals and three grandslams for Murray now. Hopefully another two or three slams in him yet.

The Murray haters will be gutted at this one!

First British man to win a grand slam in 80-odd years, then the first British man to win Wimbledon in a similar time frame... then he does it again! Also dragged Great Britain to their first Davis Cup victory in god knows how long. Now Olympic Gold in Rio, following up his first Gold in london.

The tennis achievements are huge in their own right, but to become a dual Olympic Champion, now puts him among some of out greatest ever olympians.

What an incredible career.

• Upvote 1

Brilliant from Murray! What an unbelievably draining match!

The crowd were awful - it may as well have been in Buenos Aires... never seen so many fans shouting out in the middle of a point. There were several Argies thrown out for screaming just as Murray was winding up for a shot.

You're right there mate it was very hard to watch, massive credit to Del Potro though, incredible energy.

The antics of the fans was a disgrace

yeah second in the table last time I looked.

I doubt Olympic gold will mean a lot to Murray but as a whole Britian are doing excellently

I think you are mistaken. I can't remember watching such an emotional match - Both Murray and Del Potro were in tears at the end of the match! Djokovic similarly when he went out. I think you can see what it means to these guys.

That was an incredible tennis match. Del potro is back and I hope he stays at that level of tennis.

Two gold Olympic medals and three grandslams for Murray now. Hopefully another two or three slams in him yet.

Sitting on a 50/1 slip for Del Potro to win the US so I'm encourage by what I watched, still annoys me that had he not got injured he'd have had so many slams, incredible player when he's on one but fitness will always hold him back now, sadly.

Tried to stay up to watch the mens 100m but just couldn't, Bolt was ace in his semi he's got it sussed and know exactly what he has to do to keep himself ahead of the rest and he still has so much more to offer, he's more than capable of setting another world record it's just a matter of time before he does it again.

You're right there mate it was very hard to watch, massive credit to Del Potro though, incredible energy.

The antics of the fans was a disgrace

On the subject of the fans, there were a tiny minority of Argies who were out of order but we have to remember this isn't your regular tennis crowd, these people are there to support their country and probably won't watch tennis on a regular basis. A few took it too far and were tightly thrown out but i remember Murray says he loves a crowd like that and it looks like Del Potro did too.

I think you are mistaken. I can't remember watching such an emotional match - Both Murray and Del Potro were in tears at the end of the match! Djokovic similarly when he went out. I think you can see what it means to these guys.

Agreed, I think Murray will rank this on a par with his slams. The players certainly seem to be taking to the Olympics the same way they do the slams.

Sitting on a 50/1 slip for Del Potro to win the US so I'm encourage by what I watched, still annoys me that had he not got injured he'd have had so many slams, incredible player when he's on one but fitness will always hold him back now, sadly.

Tried to stay up to watch the mens 100m but just couldn't, Bolt was ace in his semi he's got it sussed and know exactly what he has to do to keep himself ahead of the rest and he still has so much more to offer, he's more than capable of setting another world record it's just a matter of time before he does it again.

Bolt is super human, I doubt we will see anything close to him in our lifetime.

I agree on Del Potro, I really hope this is him back so we get to see him play for at least a few years. Having him challenging Murray, Djokovic and Federer would be brilliant for the sport.

Looks like a fitness issue for Del Potro. Clearly very talented but was absolutely ruined by the 3rd set last night

Looks like a fitness issue for Del Potro. Clearly very talented but was absolutely ruined by the 3rd set last night

3 ops on that left wrist of his, problems with the right one too aswell as leg and back problems, I think he's doing pretty well with all things considered, these guys especially now adays in tennis are putting themselves through some horrendous things for the sport they love.

3 ops on that left wrist of his, problems with the right one too aswell as leg and back problems, I think he's doing pretty well with all things considered, these guys especially now adays in tennis are putting themselves through some horrendous things for the sport they love.

It's amazing that he's been able to get back to that level. How much do you have on Del Potro at 50/1 for the US Open? A big ask, but if he continues his recovery at the same pace, then he's putting himself right in the mix.

For quality of tennis, the 2009 US Open final might be the best I've ever seen. Del Potro is in the same class as Murray, Federer, Djokovic and Nadal - there is no doubt about that. He's just been cruelly robbed of his fair share of the prizes.

The Murray haters will be gutted at this one!

First British man to win a grand slam in 80-odd years, then the first British man to win Wimbledon in a similar time frame... then he does it again! Also dragged Great Britain to their first Davis Cup victory in god knows how long. Now Olympic Gold in Rio, following up his first Gold in london.

The tennis achievements are huge in their own right, but to become a dual Olympic Champion, now puts him among some of out greatest ever olympians.

What an incredible career.

Agreed. What a superb Scottish tennis player . The best player this country has ever seen. As for the BBC coverage stating that Andy went over to the English fans wearing ("See you Jimmy hats" ) in the crowd to acknowledge their support, do not get me started.

Agreed. What a superb Scottish tennis player . The best player this country has ever seen. As for the BBC coverage stating that Andy went over to the English fans wearing ("See you Jimmy hats" ) in the crowd to acknowledge their support, do not get me started.

I burst out laughing at this as its what you come to expect from the BBC

The British team are doing amazingly well. I always view the olympics with cynicism at first, (as we rarely see some of the sports in between each olympics), but then get brought around by the amazing skill and determination on show from our athletes.

What a team they are. For us to be currently 2nd in the medal table is outrageously good, when you compare our population size to others (eg china and russia).

Its also deeply satisfying to beat the likes of australia and france.

Its very moving to see some of the achievements and what it means to the winners after so many years of training and effort.

TV commentator just said that female hammer thrower was a convicted drug cheat...Why can they not give these athletes a lifetime ban for taking illegal substances. Might put a stop to it if they knew a ban for life was the punishment.

Was it not the Russian that won the last Olympics they were referring to?