Zgemma

redstrummer

Thankfully nae.

Shite. Is it a sky satelite you need for it? Think it's just cooncil telly they have at the moment.

Arite. Might look into what the sacrifice is for where we are. Fuck knows how long we'll be there.

Aye ZGemma takes the satellite signal. It's basically a Sky box but not made by Sky. Paid for channels that are scrambled are descrambled through your internet connection. You pay anything from 15 pounds a year upwards to get a "line" that descrambles the paid for channels.

If you had no internet connection you still get all the free to air channels through the ZGemma box as it's a satellite receiver. The "line" you buy sorts them all out in order and makes it look like Sky with all the correct channel numbers etc. Also descrambles the subscription ones.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just cancelled SKY , thankfully no hassle and switched to BT .

I can add SKY sports HD (LOVE HD) for £27 p/m . However looking for an alternative ( Zgemma ) to get the sports HD ?

I'm also told by BT to get council telly i'll need to plug there box into an aerial socket , which is a hassle for me where my telly is situated so another reason for getting another box ( zgemma ) ?/

I can add SKY sports HD (LOVE HD) for £27 p/m . However looking for an alternative ( Zgemma ) to get the sports HD ?

I'm also told by BT to get council telly i'll need to plug there box into an aerial socket , which is a hassle for me where my telly is situated so another reason for getting another box ( zgemma ) ?/

ZGemma won't get you SPORT HD.

You'd need IPTV on the ZGemma for that. I'm happy enough without HD so don't bother with the IPTV bit.

Only pulling your leg Woodside. ?

If you want a no hassle alternative just get Kodi and Ultimate Mania. This gives you every sport channel there is in HD. Had it for over 6 months now and watched every sport channel for just £70 a year. All in HD. Plus you get much more

http://pastebin.com/5Ve3UYw3

I got mine from a seller on Ebay, they come with a 24/36 month "gift" = subscription, they after that expires then it is circa £15 a month. The box cost about £120, but better paying a bit more to get the build in hard drive, one of mine has an external hard drive that I had previously connected which works the same, but not so neat.

I normally use my Fire stick for movies, but used the Zgemma with Kodi direct last night to watch Rouge one with the bairn and it worked surprisingly very well.

Fit like was the copy of Rogue One that you watched?

Last i looked it was filmed by some dude in the cinema sitting behind someone eating popcorn.

If you want a no hassle alternative just get Kodi and Ultimate Mania. This gives you every sport channel there is in HD. Had it for over 6 months now and watched every sport channel for just £70 a year. All in HD. Plus you get much more

http://pastebin.com/5Ve3UYw3

I have Kodi on the firestick but reckon it's shit for watching sports , movies so so . Maybe it will be better with my improved BT fibre broadband

I have Kodi on the firestick but reckon it's shit for watching sports , movies so so . Maybe it will be better with my improved BT fibre broadband

Live Sport is rubbish with just Kodi. I have BT Fibre and Ultimate Mania and have never looked back A kodi build like Big Sam has Ultimate Mania already built in.

no HD is useless to me: what with the TVs people have now

If its not HD, its not worth a monthly saving to me and im sure others are in same boat

I'm sure they are. I'm more than happy with SD for football.

Option for 55 quid a year for HD but I'm not bothered about it enough to subscribe to that.

FIRSTLY

For anyone on SKY or BT broadband if your stuck in a contract now is the time to get out (can cancel sky for 30 days from today) and BT from later on due to price increases

This is the BT email that tells you that you can do this (bt broadband is going up but so are download speeds and various other things)

image.jpg

SECOND RE THE ZGEMMA BOX

As far as i know the sport will only be in SD not HD unless you stream as stated in this video just after 5mins but i was impressed with the sky type epg

free to air ones are HD though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IC-lwWSo23Q

FIRSTLY

For anyone on SKY or BT broadband if your stuck in a contract now is the time to get out (can cancel sky for 30 days from today) and BT from later on due to price increases

This is the BT email that tells you that you can do this (bt broadband is going up but so are download speeds and various other things)

image.jpg

SECOND RE THE ZGEMMA BOX

As far as i know the sport will only be in SD not HD unless you stream as stated in this video just after 5mins but i was impressed with the sky type epg

free to air ones are HD though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IC-lwWSo23Q

I have just switched to BT from Sky , wish i'd done it earlier

Was thinking of getting the zgemma box however quite impressed with the sportsmania Millertime suggested

Don't why anyone can watch anything in SD these days

For some its better than paying rip off sky and you dont have to spend half the game trawling all over the net for a link that does not buffer

And at £1 a week good value but see where you are coming from as i have bought a very big tv and prefer HD so I usually phone sky and just try and cancel and if you dig in enough get it for half price

I also have sticks and a firebox for streaming movies that are not available on the sky box

My BT is £5 was free with broadband but took the europe option (its SD not HD but you can sideload the BT app onto your firestick and get it HD that way (you need mouse app on phone and on stick as well for this)