The Sfa & Spfl Are Fucking Shite Thread

What I'd like the SFA to do (they won't though), is hold the Scottish Cup semis at Murrayfield. Give it a try, see how it gets on, then listen to fans feedback afterwards.

Plus I've a wedding in Edinburgh on the Friday and I'm staying within walking distance of Murrayfield, so Aberdeen having a semi-final there the next day would be superb.

The folks that say Murrayfield has a better view are way off. Granted the east stand runs fairly close to the pitch, similar to the north stand at Hampden but that's it. The rest is shite for fitba and has been designed entirely with rugby viewing in mind.

Pandas Stuttgart example of how to redevelop a football ground that has a large running track is very good. Hampden would be very easy to develop because their is virtually nothing there at present.

It makes me fucking mad sometimes when I think about what the fucking English get at Wembley and the funding they got. They even have an Olympic stadium around the corner that had been developed for football.

Thatcher the cunt refused to fund the redevelopment of Hampden when it should have been done properly, way back. It was eventually thrown together with about 8 million quid iirc.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

What I'd like the SFA to do (they won't though), is hold the Scottish Cup semis at Murrayfield. Give it a try, see how it gets on, then listen to fans feedback afterwards.

Plus I've a wedding in Edinburgh on the Friday and I'm staying within walking distance of Murrayfield, so Aberdeen having a semi-final there the next day would be superb.

Excellent idea.

Or even just play a couple of finals there and see what the feedback is in that.

They don't have to make a long term commitment straight away.

Good idea. Even if they hold one of them there. One of the games with a Glasgow team in it if they get that far. I'm not sure fans of those two have had to travel outside Glasgow for a semi final for decades if ever

Murrayfield v Hampden

They're both poor choices in truth.

Murrayfield's advantages:

• Bigger capacity
  • Two-tiered which means you can close off the top tier and just use the lower decks for games expecting around 30,000. So better atmosphere than at Hampden when often the bulk of the support are behind the goal.
  • Genuinely neutral venue if we play one of the Old Firm. Be interesting to see how many tickets they sell when the ground isn't in their own city and they're playing Inverness or Falkirk.
Hampden advantages:
  • I'm bemused by the transport argument favouring Murrayfield. Hampden has train stations at both ends of the ground. Murrayfield has one tram stop. The main train stations are walking distance from both grounds. By road Murrayfield isn't any easier and those who complain they are stuck for hours after a game at Hampden clearly take the wrong roads.
  • Easier to segregate fans. Hearts/Hibs in 2012 - Hibs fans got on trains at Waverley that took them direct to King's Park. Hearts fans got on at Haymarket and were taken direct to Mount Florida. Great operation. Now try doing that for Old Firm fans going to Murrayfield. The only way to keep them separate is to have one support go to Waverley and then use shuttle buses. Who on earth would propose shuttle buses from a train station to a football stadium?

Would rather we rebuilt Hampden. Just do what Stuttgart have done.

From this

stuttgart2.jpg

To this

gottlieb_daimler06.jpg

For the love of God, not more of these stadium world cup gaylord posts. I'm still getting over the last 8

• Upvote 1

The folks that say Murrayfield has a better view are way off. Granted the east stand runs fairly close to the pitch, similar to the north stand at Hampden but that's it. The rest is shite for fitba and has been designed entirely with rugby viewing in mind.

What pray tell is the difference between viewing rugby and football at Murrayfield ? I quite enjoyed our little jaunt to Murrayfield if not the game, and felt it was a far more inclusive experience than any trip to Hampden, mainly because we have lost there quite often...

• Upvote 1

History.

Tradition

Fact it’s a football stadium.

Fact it’s not a rugby stadium.

It’s been poorly revamped.

So it’ll be expensive to re do.

But alongside Wembley it is whatmskesbritish football great

Tradition? Like traditional ends for Maris Piper FC and the Orcs you mean? Get that to fuck

We need someone who knows the game up here.

No split arses or ex Cricket CEOs.

Smith doesn't have the nous to effectively run such a large organisation - he has zero experience of anything other than playing and coaching football - that doesn't qualify you to deal with legal and commercial aspects involved or the political skills likely needed to get things pushed through the system.

The football knowledge Smith has would be suited for the Performance director position (or whatever Malky's role is) IMO but not the SFA Chief Executive position.

Also Smith would just be another old boy that would offer the same old rubbish and bow down to the same pressures as everyone else at the SFA.

Someone like Hearn would be a much much better option but absolutely won't happen.