Lewis Ferguson

2 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

They’re looking good for 4th with 3 games left & 4 points clear of Atalanta & Roma (& they still to play each other so realistically only one can catch them) but Bologna do still have to play Juve & Napoli so still work to do.

Not sure if table I looked at has updated though & if Atalanta still have 3 or 4 to play

Napoli are shite. Bologna win their....

21 minutes ago, The Boofon said:

Champions League qualifying trophy and open top bus parade.

Surprised someone like you jumped in with that. 

5th in Italy gets UCL next season. It is the top performing league in Europe this season by coefficient points. They get an extra spot (as do Germany). 

No longer a top league though, according to @RUL, on multiple occasions. 

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Surprised someone like you jumped in with that. 

5th in Italy gets UCL next season. It is the top performing league in Europe this season by coefficient points. They get an extra spot (as do Germany). 

No longer a top league though, according to @RUL, on multiple occasions. 

Just presumed you were a normal football fan like myself who has utter distain for celebrating failure.

15 hours ago, Roberto said:

Says unlikely to play again this year. Gutted for him. 

His auld man (who probably shouldn't trusted, as he's lower than a snakes belly) was intimating on the Open Goal podcast that this injury has cost him more than just a run out at the Euros. 

54 minutes ago, Sonoftherock said:

His auld man (who probably shouldn't trusted, as he's lower than a snakes belly) was intimating on the Open Goal podcast that this injury has cost him more than just a run out at the Euros. 

Yes probably has set back a big move till January 2026 maybe 

15 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

Yes probably has set back a big move till January 2026 maybe 

The fear is that he is never the same player after he recovers. Was probably on the Wishlist for alot of elite clubs this summer. Be typical Aberdeen luck if he now sees out his contract at Bologna. 

3 minutes ago, slippers said:

The fear is that he is never the same player after he recovers. Was probably on the Wishlist for alot of elite clubs this summer. Be typical Aberdeen luck if he now sees out his contract at Bologna. 

The fear is why I say January 2026

44 minutes ago, slippers said:

2027 with the option of another year on his deal, I wouldn't be concerned about that as I'm sure some teams will likely still take a punt on him but at a much lower price.

1 hour ago, slippers said:

Going your knee in now isn’t like it was 30 years ago. He will come back stronger than ever and teams will still go for him. He will be gone from Bologna in January probably 

1 hour ago, slippers said:

Absolutely mental luck. 

Fraser linked with arsenal / Liverpool then leaves Bournemouth on a bosman. 

McKenna out the team in EPL but gets loaned to a champions league team before being released. 

really not profiting from this sell on malarkey 

1 hour ago, minijc said:

2027 with the option of another year on his deal, I wouldn't be concerned about that as I'm sure some teams will likely still take a punt on him but at a much lower price.

The captain of Bologna and winner of midfielder of the year won’t be sold on the cheap, this is a coup for Bologna as well and won’t sell for any less than he’s worth, ridiculous to think otherwise, he’s really enjoying Bologna as well, do you think he’s going to fuck over his club by signing for a lower fee elsewhere?. Did he do that to us when we told him another year Lewis if you could.no and no.

mad to think that folk forget that bologna is a big club as well and would just accept anything of the likes of juventus if they were to come in lol.

4 minutes ago, thurso said:

Going your knee in now isn’t like it was 30 years ago. He will come back stronger than ever and teams will still go for him. He will be gone from Bologna in January probably 

No chance. He'll be doing well to be back playing this side of Xmas.

Next summer at the earliest before he moves on

34 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Absolutely mental luck. 

Fraser linked with arsenal / Liverpool then leaves Bournemouth on a bosman. 

McKenna out the team in EPL but gets loaned to a champions league team before being released. 

really not profiting from this sell on malarkey 

Ramsay too.

Sell-on Curse.

1 hour ago, Dons79 said:

The captain of Bologna and winner of midfielder of the year won’t be sold on the cheap, this is a coup for Bologna as well and won’t sell for any less than he’s worth, ridiculous to think otherwise, he’s really enjoying Bologna as well, do you think he’s going to fuck over his club by signing for a lower fee elsewhere?. Did he do that to us when we told him another year Lewis if you could.no and no.

mad to think that folk forget that bologna is a big club as well and would just accept anything of the likes of juventus if they were to come in lol.

When I say cheap I'm meaning around 15m with a year left on his deal or so.  It very much looks like he was going this summer and that would have been for £30m+

Now he could easily get back to the level he was at pre injury but it seems unlikely, at the end of the day as well Bologna are a selling club and each player has a price and a window to be sold in, him failing to get back to this level would see his value fall a fair bit.

11 minutes ago, minijc said:

When I say cheap I'm meaning around 15m with a year left on his deal or so.  It very much looks like he was going this summer and that would have been for £30m+

Now he could easily get back to the level he was at pre injury but it seems unlikely, at the end of the day as well Bologna are a selling club and each player has a price and a window to be sold in, him failing to get back to this level would see his value fall a fair bit.

Last years winner played for a lesser team and has went to inter for 27m euros. But given Bologna are going to be playing in CL and he’s on a long term contract it’s safe to assume it would have been a fair bit more. 

9 minutes ago, minijc said:

I think he will get back to the level he has and even surpass that due to his mental strength, looks a player that strives to be better, look at how he learnt Italian immediately to see he’s not fucking about.(top Scottish goal scorer in Italy ever as a midfielder) Bologna won’t want to sell cheaply as they don’t get 30 million pound players often, regardless if they are a selling club, let’s be honest, most clubs are selling clubs, including inter, Ac Milan juventus etc, they won’t as a business just take whatever for a star they might not get again within a ten year period. 

21 minutes ago, minijc said:

Still has 3 years to go on his contract so even next summer, with still 2 years to go, IF he can get back to what he was (that’s the IF), then he can still be sold for €25m (£21.5m) or thereabouts.

15% of the profit would see us get about £3m.

Fingers crossed 

33 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

I think he will get back to the level he has and even surpass that due to his mental strength, looks a player that strives to be better, look at how he learnt Italian immediately to see he’s not fucking about.(top Scottish goal scorer in Italy ever as a midfielder) Bologna won’t want to sell cheaply as they don’t get 30 million pound players often, regardless if they are a selling club, let’s be honest, most clubs are selling clubs, including inter, Ac Milan juventus etc, they won’t as a business just take whatever for a star they might not get again within a ten year period. 

I totally get where you are coming from but if he comes back from his injury and fails to replicate the form as his contract runs down I'm almost certain will take an offer that comes their way.

24 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Still has 3 years to go on his contract so even next summer, with still 2 years to go, IF he can get back to what he was (that’s the IF), then he can still be sold for €25m (£21.5m) or thereabouts.

Fingers crossed 

That would be ideal, he's still young and appears to be as good of a professional as you get, so hopefully that helps with the recovery process.

20 minutes ago, slippers said:

Part of me does wonder if Cormack has enticed Thelin with a massive budget by hedging on the sale of Bojan and Ferguson. 

Would be daft to be counting on that money when you don't know what can happen, so aye he probably did use it to convince Thelin.

1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Fingers crossed 

It's 15% of the sale, not the profit

So even nicer