Evening Ladies

Bobby Connor

• Admin

He volunteered to take it over from Nic Nac wasn't it? It was extremely bitter in the end. @@Bebo saved the site.

Nah. NN and Bobby saved the site when it went down and we lacked a backup. I only played a bit part role in that. Was away on holiday and getting texts from posters asking what was going on. I phoned BC, who I think was moving house when it happened, so overall not the best time for forum to disappear.

NN had a very old (pre-McGee Era) backup and it's a miracle the site came back. From there the mods contributed to server costs and F&M generously sponsor the site to this day.

Running the technical side of the forum has become very easy and passive. I add bits and pieces here and there and I've put a few things in place which means we barely ever have database issues or server downtime.

The moderation aspect however has never been so challenging. (@@Poodler @@Bad_Mobby @@The Boofon)

Eventually the keys will pass onto someone else.

Nah. NN and Bobby saved the site when it went down and we lacked a backup. I only played a bit part role in that. Was away on holiday and getting texts from posters asking what was going on. I phoned BC, who I think was moving house when it happened, so overall not the best time for forum to disappear.

NN had a very old (pre-McGee Era) backup and it's a miracle the site came back. From there the mods contributed to server costs and F&M generously sponsor the site to this day.

Running the technical side of the forum has become very easy and passive. I add bits and pieces here and there and I've put a few things in place which means we barely ever have database issues or server downtime.

The moderation aspect however has never been so challenging. (@@Poodler @@Bad_Mobby @@The Boofon)

My personal life was in turmoil at the time. You have a much clearer memory of the events than I do but reading that it’s coming back to me.

We lost a shit load of posts did we not?

• Admin

Bobby Connor, on 09 Aug 2018 - 10:14 PM, said:

My personal life was in turmoil at the time. You have a much clearer memory of the events than I do but reading that it’s coming back to me.

We lost a shit load of posts did we not?

We lost from August 2009 to December 2011. So 29 months of lost posts, topics and registrations.

Averaging 15-20k posts per month before then, so half a million posts give or take. Probably more given the posting volume during the McGee era.

Defeats always cause more traffic than wins and if McGee did anything, it was drive lots of forum traffic.

You're making his life hell with your controversial posts. Shameful.

There's you and a few others who post illegal material too, don't give me that.

My phone is used for afc chat, WhatsApp and Snapchat. It's the only place on the web outside of www.efukt.com worth coming too

We lost from August 2009 to December 2011. So 29 months of lost posts, topics and registrations.

Averaging 15-20k posts per month before then, so half a million posts give or take. Probably more given the posting volume during the McGee era.

Defeats always cause more traffic than wins and if McGee did anything, it was drive lots of forum traffic.

That’s right, it was a seriously ancient backup but a lot better than nothing.

What I can’t remember is if we restarted on the new server or was it still on the dedicated server when it came back and that was the moment LS lost his credibility?

I had just sold the house and was splitting up with the ex so I’ll use the word “Haze” again.

So much going on at once.

haha

Honourable mention for @@cheesepipes and @@milne_afc

:trophy:

This shows how far I've come as a poster to not be named in that list.

I remember the days I used to have complaints from all sorts, almost weekly, my favourite being Chris Maguire's dulty missus.... I think I still have the report sent against me somewhere, a mod sent it to me. Haha.

Cheers @@Bebo

I'm proud of new me.

I got a message from Maguire himself via a mutual friend about something I posted about him on here. He took major offence about it and the following game was the cupping his ear game against hibs. I like to think it was targeted at me.