Scottish Fitba Tv Rights

Pundits saying that BT sport wouldnt match Sky and SPFL had no choice.

Yes they did have a choice.

Would be interested to know what the difference was.

Even an additional £20 million extra is not worth it, when you split it over 5 years and 12 clubs.

"we had no choice" or "we had no option" is the same snivelling excuse that is trotted out by Doncaster time and time again.

Read that BT’s offer was for less than they pay currently. Sky’s was a slight increase on the current deal, so I can see why the clubs went for it.

Pretty annoying that we are going to be subjected to shite half arsed coverage once again, but no way were the clubs going to accept less money when the decision makers go to watch most/every game and don’t watch it on the tv anyway.

Any word on how / if this affects the amount of games Red TV can show? Hopefully they can show more.

Read that BT’s offer was for less than they pay currently. Sky’s was a slight increase on the current deal, so I can see why the clubs went for it.

Pretty annoying that we are going to be subjected to shite half arsed coverage once again, but no way were the clubs going to accept less money when the decision makers go to watch most/every game and don’t watch it on the tv anyway.

Any word on how / if this affects the amount of games Red TV can show? Hopefully they can show more.

I think the SKY deal is a lot more than the previous deal and like you said the BT offer was less than what they were already paying.  Who cares about coverage, less games on TV should hopefully mean less games getting shifted about and more money for the clubs.

Bein Sports have apparently got the rights to show SPFL in the middle east, I wonder how much that brings in?  Any other similar deals for overseas territories?

Bein Sports have apparently got the rights to show SPFL in the middle east, I wonder how much that brings in?  Any other similar deals for overseas territories?

IMG are taking care of overseas rights sales, as far as I know.

Not sure on what basis, ie if they are getting a commission or if we have sold the rights to them and they then sell on, with the risk on their end to make a profit.

Either way its entirely different to what they do in the EPL (who people keep comparing our deal to)

its good that coverage will be with one broadcaster, at least.

Really, all of the fans, SFA and scots politicians should be badgering the BBC to spend money on scottish highlights. It could be a pro-rata amount, based on population share and what the BBC spends on english highlights.

They are willing to pay more for Gary Lineker to present MOTD than they are for Scottish highlights.

It's a dividend of being part of the Union you love so much.

• Upvote 4

Heard in the news this morning that all the big betting companies are meeting about imposing a post 9pm restriction on gambling adverts. If this happened it would be a massive dent in both BT and Sky's incomes (think about all the live in play adverts that are on during the fitba).

Cue your Amazon's and Netflix's swooping in with their wads of cash..for the English game at least and buttons offered for us.

Yep And they apologised for that

I know MT, they are just variations of the same shite though.

Sky are only interested in getting 4 OF games, preferably 6 and as much as BT are better, they still fill the up a lot of the guest slots with ex OF players and concentrate on too much on the OF.

TV deals are effectively OF away season tickets.