Bryson

Sound familiar? May, Tansey, Gleeson, Hoban, Forrester.

No because unlike the likes of May, Tansey, Forrester etc he's a proper tried and tested player with proven quality at English Championship level over many years and was loved at his previous club who wanted him to stay having reached the play offs. Bryson is a proper player in the Barry Robson mould he's just been unlucky so far with injuries. I think McInnes rushed him back earlier in the season instead of letting him fully recover.

A fully fit Bryson easily still has the potential to be our most important midfield player and the true leader of the team. That was never really the case with the players you mentioned I think they were all a far bigger gamble than Bryson.

Remember last January people were saying Steven Davis was finished when he returned to Sevco. He wasn't fit then but he is now and he's flying. He's two years older than Bryson. Bryson is quality and I still firmly believe he will come good for us.

• Upvote 2

No because unlike the likes of May, Tansey, Forrester etc he's a proper tried and tested player with proven quality at English Championship level over many years and was loved at his previous club who wanted him to stay having reached the play offs. Bryson is a proper player in the Barry Robson mould he's just been unlucky so far with injuries. I think McInnes rushed him back earlier in the season instead of letting him fully recover.

A fully fit Bryson easily still has the potential to be our most important midfield player and the true leader of the team. That was never really the case with the players you mentioned I think they were all a far bigger gamble than Bryson.

Remember last January people were saying Steven Davis was finished when he returned to Sevco. He wasn't fit then but he is now and he's flying. He's two years older than Bryson. Bryson is quality and I still firmly believe he will come good for us.

Sadly a complete waste of space in the side. A waste of wages and another player of advancing years seeing out his career!

He's a couple of years younger than Scott Brown and Steven Davis and it wasn't that long ago people were saying both of them were finished too. I think the way you've described him as basically a freeloader seeing out his career up here is massively disrespectful to a guy who has always been a great professional. He didn't ask to be injured and the challenge on him last week was horrendous.

We need to get him fully fit and if that means waiting until after the winter break then so be it. A fully fit Bryson is still an excellent player. Just ask the Derby fans who actually watched him week in week out last season. He rejected a new contract at Derby to come here.

• Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Well the upside of this is that we should definitely get someone in during the January window now.

With Gleeson away and those two crocked that's 3 potential midfielders out of the picture for a while.

No way he can cope with just Ferguson, Campbell and Vyner.

We might even get two.

Ojo is back too.

Priority a #10 and Ojo/Ferguson/Campbell/Vyner can compete for the 2 sitting roles.

Time we blooded our own youngsters. I'd happily take a few sound thrashings from the arsecheeks if it meant building a decent performing team of committed lads from our academy players - Anderson, Campbell, McLennan and others - along with a few of the better signings he's made such as....er....er..... oh wait there's nane (Hedges probably)

Time we blooded our own youngsters. I'd happily take a few sound thrashings from the arsecheeks if it meant building a decent performing team of committed lads from our academy players - Anderson, Campbell, McLennan and others - along with a few of the better signings he's made such as....er....er..... oh wait there's nane (Hedges probably)

This "committed" academy players shite is a boring cliche. Would you say McLennan always looks like hes working himself in to the ground? Even if all the young players did that , this thing of saying you would accept hammerings in the league as long as there are youth players in the team wouldn't last.

This "committed" academy players shite is a boring cliche. Would you say McLennan always looks like hes working himself in to the ground? Even if all the young players did that , this thing of saying you would accept hammerings in the league as long as there are youth players in the team wouldn't last.

It's a balance.

A club like Aberdeen should always have a clear pathway to the first team for its youth.

But they've got to be made of the right stuff and integrated into the senior set up in a sustainable way.

The Bryson signing has been another disaster, this manager just doesn't learn lessons. Think there is a good chance Bryson will retire in the summer. Ankles once fucked are generally an on going issue and at his age will be tough to get over as this season has showed, Mcinnes says he has had this problem since he arrived so not sure it has anything to do with the Davidson tackle