Ronald Hernández

4 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

why also have no reporters dared ask McInnes wtf is the story with this lad? Are they banned from asking anything?

This is one of the biggest mysteries for me!  Why hasn't a journalist asked McInnes why his record signing doesn't play?

I hope someone asks the question at the AGM.

19 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Do you want to be on the subs bench, sotr - see Hat > Bookie thread.

Are you a punter?

Got a couple under threat of getting sacked if they don't reduce their average odds picks and up their win percentages.

May need to sack masel actually. A swift firing sets cats amongst pigeons and sharpens focus. Got to be ruthless.

Yes I enjoy a punt from time to time... but wouldn't claim to be any good at it!  Best I remain on the sidelines like our Ronny.

28 minutes ago, RUL said:

How are fans mugs? We've got a really strong squad this season. That's what DNA helps pay for. 

I don't see that argument either.  I'm not sure why the anti-DNA brigade keep coming away with this line.

Cutting off the DNA money doesn't mean Derek isn't going to stop signing duds.  It just means the overall squad numbers will be reduced.  We'll have less shite players, but also less good players too!

10 hours ago, Tord31 said:

One of the weirdest stories in our history.

If he goes to Copa America this summer we'd probably pocket £300k or something. Shame if he's falling out of the picture now.

Keen to see him stay in the game after Dons. Fingers crossed for the lad

We've maybe signed the wrong player again, we have a history of doing that with Norwegian teams. 

1 minute ago, maryhilldon said:

That's the positive way to look at it.  The other way to look at it is  (i've Direct Debited £300 into Hernandez and Mains bank account)  

Fans are only mugs if they disagree with AberDNA & don’t support it, but still fork out their £220 or whatever. 

I don’t get the slagging of it all.

It’s VOLUNTARY.

if folk don’t want to support it fine, if folk can & do, great, the club benefits.

I really don’t understand the negativity towards it. 

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Fans are only mugs if they disagree with AberDNA & don’t support it, but still fork out their £220 or whatever. 

I don’t get the slagging of it all.

It’s VOLUNTARY.

if folk don’t want to support it fine, if folk can & do, great, the club benefits.

I really don’t understand the negativity towards it. 

I suppose my point is fans are overcharged and players are ridiculously overpaid.  

I go with the theory we signed him with a view to him moving to Atlanta at some point. 

800k-1,000,000 for a 3rd choice full back is absolutely brutal, though. That money could've got us a young player from our own league with potential to grow, Alan Campbell, Jason Kerr, Stuart Findlay etc etc. 

No good. 

13 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

I go with the theory we signed him with a view to him moving to Atlanta at some point. 

800k-1,000,000 for a 3rd choice full back is absolutely brutal, though. That money could've got us a young player from our own league with potential to grow, Alan Campbell, Jason Kerr, Stuart Findlay etc etc. 

No good. 

That's what is so galling about this!  Come christmas time, with FIndlay and Campbell out of contract in the summer, 800k would probably secure both those players... with a wee bit left to spare!

So frustrating that we've wasted that money on Ronny!

12 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

The best explanation is we never spent £800k (to be proved / disproved when the accounts come out in first week December)

Second explanation is he was going to Atlanta in the summer but covid messed up timings (possibly relating to Atlanta players moving to Europe).

Point 1.  My point exactly.  We either a/didn’t spend 800k or b/there was a book figure of 800k involved but it was never intended as a first team player - rather as a stepping stone to Atlanta or wherever.

We may be absolute mugs but refusing to play a £800k Player would be a whole new level.  We insisted on playing Brian O’Neil for fuck sake.