Other Europa/Conference League Games

• 2 months later...

Qarabağ (Azerbaijan) beat Braga 6-5 on aggregate! Crazy as fuck match! Qarabağ had a player sent off in the 57th, match looked like it was going to pen, but a clever late winner sealed it.

Freiburg v Lens was almost as mental, looked like a shootout was coming, but Freiburg, who were shit in the first half won 3-2 on agg.

Bodø/Glimt v Ajax was a close one, Bodø should have had it won several times, but Ajax got the winner in extra time.

3 hours ago, The Cockney Don said:

Last 16 ties :

Benfica v Sevco

Roma v Brighton

Sparta Prague v Liverpool

Freiburg v Wet Spam

---------

Ajax v Villa.

Yeah, there was a time when getting Benfica was a proper squeaky airse battle, but they aren't as scary anymore, Porto are a much better side now, thanks to how the club is ran, ie. buy promising young lads and build them up to be as close to world class as possible then sell them to the clubs in Brazil. Huns will have their work cut out, though.

Roma should have beaten Feyenoord in 90 minutes last night, they made it hard for themselves. That's a team that won't like playing in England.

Freiburg, Jesus min, they were so shit in the first half then played amazing in the second half and extra time.

I haven't really looked at the Czech teams, three teams doing well in Europe this season.

Villa have a good chance of tearing Ajax apart. Weird to say that, weird how fucking AJAX are in Conference League. Dutch league needs sorting out.

Molde of Norway (Mr Muscle will shift that) are doing well, they might be a dark horse...

3 minutes ago, Dynamo said:

Always had a soft spot for Benfica. Well since 11:30 this morning. 

Their matches from 2020 are kind of forgotten, due to being played in empty stadiums. Game at Ibrox, 2-2, was good, but the Lisbon game was a shambles, 3-3.

Just don't these cunts progress, Benfica. Sick of seeing them this season.

Leverkusen and Liverpool are the teams to win, I reckon. A Liverpool v Roma final would be great, though.

Odd shit will happen in Europa League, though! Qarabag at home is no walkover!

• 2 weeks later...

Conference League, Round of 16, 1st Leg

Ajax v Aston Villa

Good game so far, both sides look organised. 

Weird to see the mighty Ajax in Conference, though.

Villa could win this cup if they overcome Ajax.

It would be so great if Olympiakos and PAOK met in one of the rounds!

Italian clubs are hard to like. I like Napoli because of Maradona. Juventus because of Gaetano Scirea. AC Milan side of Gullit, van Basten, etc. Falcao era of Roma was great, but never been a club I liked.

I don't like "big clubs". Prefer underdogs. 

Liverpool v Leverkusen would be the best final. Liverpool v Roma  semi would be great.

• Downvote 1