Other Europa/Conference League Games

Israeli clubs should not be allowed to compete in UEFA competitions. Not ordinarily for obvious geographical reasons and certainly not this season while they're involved in the ongoing slaughter of innocent civilians. Fingers crossed for a home win in Florence to send Haifa crashing out. 

I said in July when the Dons got PAOK that they were a great attacking side and they have proved that in their Conference campaign. 5-3 on agg against Dinamo Zagreb. Looked like extra time was on the cards, but PAOK powered on to get two more goals, the third a pen. Excellent attacking side, they should be top of the Greek league, but they slipped up against Aris at the weekend.

I'm rooting (steady) for Qarabag and Molde. Bodo/Glimt did well in 2021/22 Conference, beaten 5-2 by Roma who won the cup against Feyenoord.

Atalanta might be a dark horse in Europa, come to think of it. Italian clubs are such a cunt to beat at home. Libson might do it, though, 1-1 on agg there.

Liverpool / West Ham / Roma for the Final, surely? Weird shit will happen, always does.

2 hours ago, DeltaRay1903 said:

Israeli clubs should not be allowed to compete in UEFA competitions. Not ordinarily for obvious geographical reasons and certainly not this season while they're involved in the ongoing slaughter of innocent civilians. Fingers crossed for a home win in Florence to send Haifa crashing out. 

Israel v Iceland in Budapest next Thursday to see who plays Bosnia-Herzegovina v Ukraine in the Euro playoffs! Eeeeek!

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, DeltaRay1903 said:

Bloody ridiculous. I don't do international football but that's just sickening. 

Russian and Belorussian athletes will be at the Paris Olympics this year, but as neutral athletes not representing their countries.

I'm not in favour of banning athletes from their sports when they themselves have done nothing wrong. Their job is to train hard and play by the rules. Their governments have to adhere to international law and human rights. The two pursuits aren't related. What the English F.A. and national team get up to is not related to what the politicians in Westminster get up to.

Russia should be allowed to play in Nations League and World Cup qualifiers, I feel. Russia has been largely absent at the World Cup this century so far, apart from poor performances at 2002, 2014 and their excellent performance at their 2018 World Cup. Bans like this don't help the game. Indonesia's hosting of the 2023 Under-20 World Cup was terrible, a farce, it had an impact on the attendances with the hosting being shifted to Argentina.

No, I'm not a fan of banning nations in sports. Kenya being suspended by FIFA was ridiculous. It's so arbitrary, FIFA don't have solid criteria for whom they suspend. They should only impose fines, banning just creates rancour and FIFA aim to promote friendship and harmony through football, so it makes no sense to disinvite nations to their world parties.

• 4 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Nice to see the Scallies get humped by Atalanta at home last night. "World Class Defender" Van Dijk getting dragged about like a rag doll was pure bliss to observe. 😄

PAOK still in with a fighting chance of qualifying for the semi-finals of the ECL. 

spacer.png

❤️

1 hour ago, The Cockney Don said:

They should throw it now, play a second string in the 2nd leg.

Prioritise the Premier League.

They looked spent last night. Salah is completely off the boil. City will win the prem from here, Cockers. You can relax imho.

Just now, Roberto said:

Makes that Liverpool result seem even more embarrassing.

Knew someone would shit it and I expected it to be Liverpool but Arsenal as well. Mad.

City to dominate from here on in.

Aye, pretty shit tbh. Liverpool looked red hot a couple of months back. I’d blame Ramadan 

Just now, milne_afc said:

Aye, pretty shit tbh. Liverpool looked red hot a couple of months back. I’d blame Ramadan 

I've seen it happen so many times before. I knew deep down Liverpool would fold at some point.

Still not done Sky will say... but IMO it is.

• Upvote 1