18 minutes ago, ericblack4boss said:

Probably done before but fuck it will do it again

Mcdougall. 

Shearer. 

Black. 

Gillhaus. 

Nicholas. 

Feel free to rip holes in that list. 

Nicholas was more hype than substance, in my opinion. Way past his best by the time he rocked up here.

1 Harper

2 McDougall

3 Shearer 

4 Archibald 

5 McGhee

In terms of talent you’re in amongst Gilhaus, Nicholas, Archibald but for sheer (no pun) sticking-it-in-the-onion-Bag-ness hard to leave Shearer, Harper, Rooney out.  McGhee (with his mouth shut) gets honorary position for being able to do both against all levels of opposition.  Exactly what we don’t have now.

quick test.  Everyone close their eyes.  Imagine Arild bearing in on goal.  Now open them.  In how many of your memories was he onside?

Sakes Arild.

2 hours ago, Zeus said:

1. Shearer

2. Booth

3. Paatelainen

4. Rooney

5.  Vernon

Shearer was different class. 

Almost had Stavrum in front of Vernon but the hatrick at Tannadice beats him.

Grim times on the whole for me.  A whole load of absolute dross strikers for the most 

Would have Billy Dodds on there. 

Deano never played for the huns. Just his loon. Twitter spat with huns after his son left, so he hates them and vice versa. Good lad.

Charlie Nic

Hans

Shearer (him and mixu where potent)

Windass

Rooney 

(arild offside did my fucking nut in - for a guy who wrote a book, he was a thick fucker on the pitch)

Charlie Nic probably deserves a thread all on its own, to discuss how good he really was at AFC, or otherwise. 

First 6 months, waaay overweight, totally unfit, and playing under a manager who clearly had no say in the transfer or any interest in playing an attacking style of football that might have brought more out of the ex Arsenal man.

Smithy and Scott arrived and put him on a strict fitness regime that eventually got him playing to somewhere close to his Celtic days but I just think the high life in London dulled his appetite, ambition and goalscoring prowess. 

Probably would play the no. 10 role nowadays.

No question of his ability but top 5 AFC striker? Nah 

55 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Was that only under Portaloo, or also the following 2 seasons under Smithy? Can’t remember 

He just never used to come out and warm up. Fuck knows why. Always intrigued me.

Also used to wear shin guards round the back as that was where he got hacked to fuck.