Sooper Hanz (1)

thedandydon (1)

Maryhilldon

The Buzzard (5)

Don Fonte (4)

Henry (2)

Quagmire

1 hour ago, rocket_scientist said:

Aye 30 or 40 to 1, you only need a couple of those per season to be in the black so best of luck.

I've seen a few btts picks on here. Obviously odds on because most games don't have a team scoring zero but has anyone actually pulled the data? What is the percentage of games?

One of my old gambling partners swears by btts but he's one of the luckiest punters ever. How can we possibly bet that both teams will score? I don't get that.

Worse is betting on first goal scorers or no. of corners etc. That's just mug punting and another reason the bookies always win. 

You don't need to tell us its 30 or 40 to 1.  I put the bet on at 40/1 and Studebaker has got 38/1.

• Downvote 1

Aye 30 or 40 to 1, you only need a couple of those per season to be in the black so best of luck.

I've seen a few btts picks on here. Obviously odds on because most games don't have a team scoring zero but has anyone actually pulled the data? What is the percentage of games?

One of my old gambling partners swears by btts but he's one of the luckiest punters ever. How can we possibly bet that both teams will score? I don't get that.

Worse is betting on first goal scorers or no. of corners etc. That's just mug punting and another reason the bookies always win. 

Just a punt to make things more interesting RS. I doubt anyone is looking at a deeper analysis than that. 

Depends on the league, english leagues running at 50% so far this season

He wins a lot, and does btts- do you see the correlation?  pick teams that score often but let in goals - eg Hamilton this season 64% btts

No one is betting on this in this thread

Happy?

43 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

This is why bookies win every year without exception.

The pro gambler - and @minijc can attest - will look for value and will try to beat the bookie.

30 or 40 to 1 shots are fish in a barrel shooting. Even 10/1 sixfolds is not what the smart gamblers do.

I posted about this earlier.

Football is a 3 horse race but without getting 2/1 for all three outcomes (or equivalently-stacked returns, which we NEVER do), the book is stacked in favour of the house, like 35/1 on roulette for 37 numbers.

?

Like shooting fish in a barrel

Of some task or activity, exceptionally easy to do or accomplish.

This hyperbolic expression alludes to the fact that fish make an easy target inside a barrel (as opposed to swimming freely in the sea). [Early 1900s]