Scott Brown So Far.

I think Brown played a lot more than maybe anticipated due to how the season was panning out. If he leaves then fair enough, I'm not going to get hung up on it. Always felt inevitable after Glass going. Imagine it will free up a good way too. 

• Upvote 1

Fuck me, Goodwin is not likely to come out and say they've had a massive bust up, is he?!! 

2 week break. He's bought some time to sort it out. For all we know Scott Brown might reflect and agree to give his all for the rest of the season, or  he might have played his last game for the club.  But there's no point in Goodwin lobbing a hand grenade to the press. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Fuck me, Goodwin is not likely to come out and say they've had a massive bust up, is he?!! 

2 week break. He's bought some time to sort it out. For all we know Scott Brown might reflect and agree to give his all for the rest of the season, or  he might have played his last game for the club.  But there's no point in Goodwin lobbing a hand grenade to the press. 

Spot on,  he’s kept it in house like most manager’s try to. And to be fair to JG I’m not convinced there was a massive bust-up, just a healthy exchange of opinions that happens in clubs all the time. But it looks  like they just don’t rate each other and, that being the case, there’s only one winner. Goodwin wants rid so details agreed and SB will be gone soon.

• Upvote 1

I think that individually Brown has been decent this season, but it's had little or no effect on the team as a whole. 

He sits in front of the defence and pretty much every single ball has to go through him. The problem is of course, that by the time that Brown has knocked the ball 10 yards to Ferguson or whoever (who has his back to the opposition goal), and then gathered the ball back from him, and then passed it sideways to Hayes, and then got it back....whoever we're playing has 10 men behind the ball and has re-organised. 

Brown must be almost solely responsible for the 65% possession stats that Glass loved so much. We hold onto the ball, but it kills us. It stunts any attacking impetus and invariably leads to our defence being under pressure about 30 seconds later. 

I'm sure as manager of St Mirren, Goodwin knew this about Aberdeen. And now he's here, he rightly wants that nonsense binned. 

Brown will be gone soon enough. 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/scott-brown-hang-up-boots-26412013

Reported by Keith Jackson which means that it has come straight from Broon.

"But he has also been told he will have no significant input behind the scenes by the new boss and it’s understood this lack of a pathway towards a new career is behind his decision to move on. It’s also believed Goodwin and his skipper got off to a bad start in their working relationship when Brown was interviewed as his potential managerial replacement, just 24 hours after the Irishman had left Paisley to join the Dons."

Only thing I don't really understand is why Brown going for the St Mirren job would have caused them to get off to a bad start with working together though. Jim G spoke himself about being in the same boat when he was coming towards the end of his career. I would have thought that would have been ideal as SB would have got his first coaching job which is what he wants and Jim G doesn't need to try to involve him with coaching which he wasn't wanting to do. That would have just meant a much smoother transition with no fall out.

9 minutes ago, Pye1903 said:

Scott burns retweeting from keith jackson that browns in talks to leave with immediate effect, basically retiring from playong to focus on managing. Mentioning his lack of pathway into JG coaching set up

If he leaves he can’t play anyway! Not till next season. There is no way we should be paying him to leave 

1 minute ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/scott-brown-hang-up-boots-26412013

Reported by Keith Jackson which means that it has come straight from Broon.

"But he has also been told he will have no significant input behind the scenes by the new boss and it’s understood this lack of a pathway towards a new career is behind his decision to move on. It’s also believed Goodwin and his skipper got off to a bad start in their working relationship when Brown was interviewed as his potential managerial replacement, just 24 hours after the Irishman had left Paisley to join the Dons."

Only thing I don't really understand is why Brown going for the St Mirren job would have caused them to get off to a bad start with working together though. Jim G spoke himself about being in the same boat when he was coming towards the end of his career. I would have thought that would have been ideal as SB would have got his first coaching job which is what he wants and Jim G doesn't need to try to involve him with coaching which he wasn't wanting to do. That would have just meant a much smoother transition with no fall out.

Exactly it’s just excuses for getting paid to leave, these footballers are scandalous