Ukraine

Ke1t

11 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

Do you believe in the deep state?

i believe there are secrets the government has to keep and they are often over zealous in classifying it, ie they could be more open, which leaves a lot of space for people to put in their nonsense. 

but, in general, i think something like "the deep state" is a myth. There are too many moving parts - nobody can control it. And if they could we'd know about it. 

just about the only "conspiracy theory" i can almost believe is child abuse (mostly the rape of underage girls) among the rich and powerful in this country is covered up to an extent, but even then there are plenty of examples of people getting prosecuted. i think there is lots of abuse here in the US thats covered up, but mostly people dont get caught because there arent enough resources put into monitoring and following up on allegations. so not an actual conspiracy, just general underfunding of local governments

1 hour ago, madjockmcferson said:

i believe there are secrets the government has to keep and they are often over zealous in classifying it, ie they could be more open, which leaves a lot of space for people to put in their nonsense. 

but, in general, i think something like "the deep state" is a myth. There are too many moving parts - nobody can control it. And if they could we'd know about it. 

just about the only "conspiracy theory" i can almost believe is child abuse (mostly the rape of underage girls) among the rich and powerful in this country is covered up to an extent, but even then there are plenty of examples of people getting prosecuted. i think there is lots of abuse here in the US thats covered up, but mostly people dont get caught because there arent enough resources put into monitoring and following up on allegations. so not an actual conspiracy, just general underfunding of local governments

Living is easy with eyes closed 

9 hours ago, NEM said:

No wars under trumps watch. Not so the old nonce you chapped doors for 

No, just a series of retreats and surrenders that massively weakened American influence, and abandoned US allies to be slaughtered. 

As far as I can remember Biden didn't start any wars. 

• Upvote 2

The amount of anti-Putin sentiment on here and in western society generally is ample testimony to the extraordinary power of anglo-american propaganda.

I had a hearty chuckle over breakfast this morning when Jeremy Hunt said with no hint of irony and I paraphrase "we all know you can't trust a word that comes out of Putin's mouth". Marathon running mentalist. Bloody glad I'm not related to him like as his immediate family members have an uncanny knack of dying of cancer. 

• Upvote 2
  • Dildo 1
6 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

No, just a series of retreats and surrenders that massively weakened American influence, and abandoned US allies to be slaughtered. 

As far as I can remember Biden didn't start any wars. 

Like the Biden ran retreat from Afghan you mean? 😂

No wars started on Trumps watch, we’re on the verge of ww3 on sleepy Joes 

• Dildo 1
7 minutes ago, NEM said:

Like the Biden ran retreat from Afghan you mean? 😂

No wars started on Trumps watch, we’re on the verge of ww3 on sleepy Joes 

Donald Trump was the one who arranged the unconditional retreat from Afghanistan, sending Pompeo to meet with the Taliban. He didn't consult with congress, nor talk with his Defense Department... he simply agreed to whatever the Taliban wanted. His agreed withdrawal time was hugely unmanageable, and it took negotiation from the new Biden administration to extend the date in order to avoid an even larger clusterfuck. 

Biden isn't the one who invaded Ukraine, or has plans to invade the Baltic States, Moldova, Romania, and Poland. America also can't afford to leave the defence of Europe up to the Europeans, because you WILL fuck it up. I wonder why you're blaming an American president for a European problem. Fix it yourselves if you're not happy. 

Also, we're "On the verge of WW3" because there's a dictator in Moscow who wants to expand his empire westwards. Blaming Biden for this is like blaming Roosevelt for Hitler invading Poland. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
14 hours ago, maryhilldon said:

Really? I'm surprised I've given you that impression.

Most people on this board tend to "lol" and post :hysterical: emojis when bad shit appears on the horizon. 

I just assume no-one takes it seriously, or blames the Yanks for everything... like Little Hitler in Moscow. 

Just now, Ke1t said:

Most people on this board tend to "lol" and post :hysterical: emojis when bad shit appears on the horizon. 

I just assume no-one takes it seriously, or blames the Yanks for everything... like Little Hitler in Moscow. 

"Little Hitler" resides in Kiev. He was put there by America and the biggest irony of all is that he's a Jew. 

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, RedArmyFakshun said:

Its inevitable that the EU will collapse economically and any country looking to ride out that storm will abandon NATO and seek to join the eurasian bloc

American cash has protected Europe for so long that they can't stand on their own two feet.

Poland is the only European nation ready for a scrap 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

😄 Where do you get all this stuff? You must spend too much time on the interweb.

Jane's, Global Firepower, Vlad Vexler, and various political and military commentators

It just means my input doesn't have to be lol emojis. Those tend to identify people who haven't spent any time educating themselves but still feel they have to say something.

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

look, y'all can slander america as much as you want but as an american tax payer i can say y'all ought to be grateful we have subsidized your welfare states, your public healthcare and transportation etc etc. without us subsidizing your defense europe would be way worse off. as it is youve been able to invest money in social programs instead of defending yourself.

i will note y'all seem to be paying a little more recently. good job. keep it up. 

the love for putin on this forum is depressing. 

• Upvote 1
8 hours ago, Poodler said:

Living is easy with eyes closed 

its actually difficult. you'd bump into things all the time and its difficult to pee without missing the toilet bowl. 

my eyes arent closed though, they acknowledge there are things governments ought to keep secret but they often over-classify stuff, which leads to a vacuum which can be easily filled with conspiracy bullpucky. 

again, the systems that some sort of cabal of the rich are alleged to control are just too complex to be controlled. sure, things are skewed towards the rich and the famous, we have a 2 tier justice system, the tax system isnt progressive enough,  and the rest, but its not like they can push a button and make things happen....its simply doesnt work that way. 

5 minutes ago, madjockmcferson said:

look, y'all can slander america as much as you want but as an american tax payer i can say y'all ought to be grateful we have subsidized your welfare states, your public healthcare and transportation etc etc. without us subsidizing your defense europe would be way worse off. as it is youve been able to invest money in social programs instead of defending yourself.

i will note y'all seem to be paying a little more recently. good job. keep it up. 

Fuck off.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Ke1t said:

Jane's, Global Firepower, Vlad Vexler, and various political and military commentators

It just means my input doesn't have to be lol emojis. Those tend to identify people who haven't spent any time educating themselves but still feel they have to say something.

Global flowerpower mair like. Jesus wept. I thought you were Aberdeen. 

26 minutes ago, madjockmcferson said:

It's "defenCe" you thick yankee cunt and America is up to it's eyes in unimaginable debt so hardly a success story. Many major cities resemble scenes form zombie movies while homelessness and poverty is reaching third world proportions.

We will take no lessons from you Heinz 57 bastards. 

29 minutes ago, madjockmcferson said:

We wouldn’t have to spend as much on defence if you cunts stopped causing trouble all over the place…..

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
34 minutes ago, madjockmcferson said:

look, y'all can slander america as much as you want but as an american tax payer i can say y'all ought to be grateful we have subsidized your welfare states, your public healthcare and transportation etc etc. 

You do realise Aberdeen has been the oil capital of Europe for 50 years? Its Scottish oil that's subsidising American firms.